There are 147 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Brunskill once ate the bible while water skiing!

I seriously cant believe our 5th tackle is this good.
Wondering, does Skule move over or does Brunskill stay put when Staley returns?
Hard to say who played great or not in this past game but imo Brunskill Played like poop...we need to get one of our starters back.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hard to say who played great or not in this past game but imo Brunskill Played like poop...we need to get one of our starters back.

Yes, it is hard to tell. He was going against Ryan Kerrigan much of the game, and Kerrigan is no slouch. It will be good to get Staley and McG back, in the meantime, I'll reserve judgement.
  • dj43
From David Lombardi in The Athletic:

"Brunskill also protected Garoppolo well and even drove Carolina defenders backward on many of Tevin Coleman's chunk runs (the running back finished with 105 yards on only 11 carries)."

I re-watched several of his plays and the guy is balling. He cleared out two guys on Deebo's TD run and got to the second level on numerous occasions on other running plays. He also moved to RG late in the game and showed well there as well.

McGlinchey better be ready to fire...
Originally posted by dj43:

"Brunskill also protected Garoppolo well and even drove Carolina defenders backward on many of Tevin Coleman's chunk runs (the running back finished with 105 yards on only 11 carries)."

I re-watched several of his plays and the guy is balling. He cleared out two guys on Deebo's TD run and got to the second level on numerous occasions on other running plays. He also moved to RG late in the game and showed well there as well.

played much better than skule this game.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Scottie15.
Originally posted by dj43:

Great post.
So when Staley comes back Skule goes to the bench and Brunskill stats at RT I'm expecting..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So when Staley comes back Skule goes to the bench and Brunskill stats at RT I'm expecting..

In a few weeks both Skule and Brunskill will both be back on the bench. I'm expecting for Staley, McGrinchey and Juice to all be back for the second Arizona game.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

In a few weeks both Skule and Brunskill will both be back on the bench. I'm expecting for Staley, McGrinchey and Juice to all be back for the second Arizona game.

Yup, I read in another thread, 1 injury to a G and the line isn't going to be as productive, I think Brunskill would be just as serviceable at G also..

Is he out playing McGrinch?
how do they bench these dudes when staley and Mcglinch come back lol. good problem to have lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
how do they bench these dudes when staley and Mcglinch come back lol. good problem to have lol

The depth on both sides of the ball is amazing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

The depth on both sides of the ball is amazing.

It's amazing how everything is coming together for this team. Shanny and Lynch have built a monster in 3 years time.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 28, 2019 at 1:04 AM ]

Eaay to bench Skule. He's talented but still raw and we saw what happens when he gets left alone on an island with an even average pass rusher. Its a promising start but he still has a ways to go. Having Staley back will let Shanahan open up the offense even more.

I think Brunskill is actually more consistent than Skule overall but McGrinchey is a monster run blocker which gives him the edge. Its not out of the realm of possibility that Brunskill, as others have mentioned, has a future at guard on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone