LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That 15 round fight article by Cohn on the home page with Brunskill vs Donald is one of the best articles Cohn ever wrote. Can't believe I'm about to say this but I completely agree with him on all of it, especially the last part where I don't understand how they went back to Person at RG in the playoffs after Brunskill performed so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22yOsRjuKk

I was gonna ask if there was a video...nice

Good stuff. A more accurate measuring stick is that as a pass rusher, if you have anything above a 17% win rate on your pass rush snaps, that's very successful. Interior pass rushers probably should be less but you get the idea.

Either way, one has to be encouraged esp. given he had zero starts as a G in his career.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

where'd they PFF graphic go?

I read it wrong...it was referencing rookies.

Ah gotcha
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That 15 round fight article by Cohn on the home page with Brunskill vs Donald is one of the best articles Cohn ever wrote. Can't believe I'm about to say this but I completely agree with him on all of it, especially the last part where I don't understand how they went back to Person at RG in the playoffs after Brunskill performed so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22yOsRjuKk

I was gonna ask if there was a video...nice

We've seen multiple defensive lineman on our team regularly make offensive lineman look much much worse than Brunskill looked there,good news for the future. As far as Person is concerned, I'm thinking this may have had to do with Staley. He was much worse off than any of us knew so Kyle may have wanted Brunskill ready to step in instead of moving him and ending up with a new starter at LT and RG.
Originally posted by walker807:
We've seen multiple defensive lineman on our team regularly make offensive lineman look much much worse than Brunskill looked there,good news for the future. As far as Person is concerned, I'm thinking this may have had to do with Staley. He was much worse off than any of us knew so Kyle may have wanted Brunskill ready to step in instead of moving him and ending up with a new starter at LT and RG.

That last portion is stupid if it were the case. It's the playoffs/SB, one and done, you put your best players on the field to win. Not play what if scenarios
I think that Shanahan went with the more experienced player, Person over Brunskill. Bill Walsh always had the "you-don't-lose-your-job-due-to-injury" rule and I think Shanahan follows that rule.
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Jun 8, 2020 at 4:43 PM ]
I have a feeling that he will ball out at RG

LT----im not conerned
LG-Im concered about pass protection
C-b***hburg......enough said
RG-Brunskill. I have faith
RT-MCG-He's ok in pass protetion but I am still concerned.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I have a feeling that he will ball out at RG

LT----im not conerned
LG-Im concered about pass protection
C-b***hburg......enough said
RG-Brunskill. I have faith
RT-MCG-He's ok in pass protetion but I am still concerned.

Totally fair. And I do really like Brunskill a lot. He seems like an extremely hard worker and very coachable and was ready to step in anywhere preparing like a starter.

In fact, he might be the BDN of the OL that way.

Now, we just need to find out what his ceiling is and stamina and consistency over 16+ games...need to see how he continues to develop as a run blocker too. Pass protection, I'm not worried about at all and that's huge for us along the IOL.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 9, 2020 at 7:06 AM ]
Brunskill was straight up whooping Aaron Donald's ass at times last night. Not sure he's getting anywhere near enough props for the game he had. Stopping Donald was a team effort but Brunskill was the crucial piece that made it all work. Hell of an effort.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Brunskill was straight up whooping Aaron Donald's ass at times last night. Not sure he's getting anywhere near enough props for the game he had. Stopping Donald was a team effort but Brunskill was the crucial piece that made it all work. Hell of an effort.

Totally agree. I was nervous about that match up, but he was awesome.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

I was shocked when I saw Brunskill literally toss Donald to the ground in the 1st quarter. I couldn't believe my eyes. Donald had his number last year, and Brunskill has struggled some this season, but the whole line stepped up and looked much better last night. Whether he starts or is a reserve going forward, DB is a must re-sign/tender.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Love this dude. So often our best OL. Hope he is a Niner for the rest of his career.
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I was shocked when I saw Brunskill literally toss Donald to the ground in the 1st quarter. I couldn't believe my eyes. Donald had his number last year, and Brunskill has struggled some this season, but the whole line stepped up and looked much better last night. Whether he starts or is a reserve going forward, DB is a must re-sign/tender.

DB's best asset is his quick feet. He seemed to be able to use that asset more last night. When he has struggled the most in the past seemed to be against the big power fatties who get off quickly in a power rush. If he gets a full off-season in the weight room to put on more muscle, he should improve even more.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Brun had Don's number last year as well
I have zero issues trying him out at C. It confirms he calls the pass protection sets and it's probably a sign they have no intentions of activating Richjured even if he actually was healthy. This is a tryout for next year. McKivitz too. Skule is gone.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 7, 2020 at 5:39 AM ]
I have zero issues trying him out at C. It confirms he calls the pass protection sets and it's probably a sign they have no intentions of activating Richjured even if he actually was healthy. This is a tryout for next year. McKivitz too. Skule is gone.

So much for my idea of having Brunskill compete with MM for starting RT next year lol. Brunskill is just so valuable. If he works out at center, this guy is like a modern day Jesse Sapolu in terms of versatility.
Share 49ersWebzone