LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm guessing the fans want a pro bowler as a backup.

Or a first ballot hall of famer. Not too much to ask.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If he's starting at RG, who is going to be the swing tackle?

Coleman/Skule/Colton McKivitz

Word was that before Coleman got hurt that he was far and away the backup LT, supposedly looked great in camp

Was a starter in CLE. He may not be a world beater but not really sure what folks want from a swing tackle.

I see no reason that we can't have pro bowl players at every position on the roster.

Word was that before Coleman got hurt that he was far and away the backup LT, supposedly looked great in camp

Was a starter in CLE. He may not be a world beater but not really sure what folks want from a swing tackle.

I see no reason that we can't have pro bowl players at every position on the roster.

That should be the goal.

A player like Brunskill.

You try too hard my friend

A player like Brunskill.

Someone has to have high standards for this team.

A player like Brunskill.

Someone has to have high standards for this team.

That 15 round fight article by Cohn on the home page with Brunskill vs Donald is one of the best articles Cohn ever wrote. Can't believe I'm about to say this but I completely agree with him on all of it, especially the last part where I don't understand how they went back to Person at RG in the playoffs after Brunskill performed so much better.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That 15 round fight article by Cohn on the home page with Brunskill vs Donald is one of the best articles Cohn ever wrote. Can't believe I'm about to say this but I completely agree with him on all of it, especially the last part where I don't understand how they went back to Person at RG in the playoffs after Brunskill performed so much better.

I'm no expert by any means, but I really felt they should have kept Brunskill in after Person came back. That said I do understand why they went with Person from a continuity standpoint. Moving forward though I am very excited about Dan Brunskill as the starter on this OL
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jun 6, 2020 at 1:24 PM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran

I legit got all hyped up reading that.

I've read some other stuff recently by him that was far more equitable than he's ever been before. I wonder if SI gave him a template of what kind of coverage they expect or something...

I'm no expert by any means, but I really felt they should have kept Brunskill in after Person came back. That said I do understand why they went with Person from a continuity standpoint. Moving forward though I am very excited about Dan Brunskill as the starter on this OL

I understand continuity, but the thing is, Brunskill started multiple games with the oline at both Tackle spots as well, so he had chemistry with them too.

Wait. If he's wearing a 9er uniform, 75% of the fanbase already believes he's a pro bowler. LOL. So I guess it's all relative.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wait. If he's wearing a 9er uniform, 75% of the fanbase already believes he's a pro bowler. LOL. So I guess it's all relative.

Arrow up
Originally posted by NCommand:

The issue has always been the interior line. But as I've said before look around... the center position is dogs**t right now and there aren't that many elite guards either.

We seemingly have hit on all tackle prospects so far even if you disagree we have made enough effort in fixing that position. I would disagree with that assumption but you really can't ask more from a rookie tackle in how he played last year.

NY is correct and its really strange to see our scouting of offensive lineman any differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22yOsRjuKk
Originally posted by dlance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22yOsRjuKk
Originally posted by TyCore:

I legit got all hyped up reading that.

I've read some other stuff recently by him that was far more equitable than he's ever been before. I wonder if SI gave him a template of what kind of coverage they expect or something...

So Brunskill won 10 out of 15 rounds against Donald and still lost the fight? Bogus, Grant is still an arse licker but gotta admit it was a good one except for the final decision..lol.
Share 49ersWebzone