There are 155 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
The early injuries to Staley and McG allowed the team to see what Brunskill and Skule are made of. If the team feels confident those two can hold it down, then it allows so much more freedom with the 2020 first rounder. I feel the team has enough young WRs to roll for 2020 provided ESamders is re-signed to provide vet leadership.

I think safety is the position to address with Ward's future with the team I doubt.

Anyway, point is Brunskill's surprisingly pleasant performance really opens the door for flexibility with that 2020 first rounder.

agreed...there are a couple quality S/DB guys I like that could be around end of the 1st early 2nd

-Xavier McKinney makes a ton of sense.
-Ashtyn Davis is another guy that I kinda want to watch more of.

For a day 3 pick, I want to see Julian Blackmon from Utah (will be at SB) They seem to throw out some quality DBs.

end of the day I hope they give Ward a Tarrt like deal 3 yrs $13M or something like that.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
agreed...there are a couple quality S/DB guys I like that could be around end of the 1st early 2nd

For a day 3 pick, I want to see Julian Blackmon from Utah (will be at SB) They seem to throw out some quality DBs.

end of the day I hope they give Ward a Tarrt like deal 3 yrs $13M or something like that.

They just gave him $5M for one year. And he has undoubtedly outplayed that. Ward may come back, but he will have enough of a market where he'll be able to get way more than that. There are so many bad defenses with tons of cap room this offseason. Many will want a piece of what the Niners had.
If Staley is back in the lineup, I wouldn't mind seeing Brunskill replace Laken or Person, best 5 right?! Of course I know that ain't happening
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If Staley is back in the lineup, I wouldn't mind seeing Brunskill replace Laken or Person, best 5 right?! Of course I know that ain't happening

In 2020, I think Brunskill can unseat Person for the starting RG spot. Person would back up every interior OL spot. We still should draft OL early and depth with our mid-late round picks.
Originally posted by GEEK:

In 2020, I think Brunskill can unseat Person for the starting RG spot. Person would back up every interior OL spot. We still should draft OL early and depth with our mid-late round picks.

Laken is our worst OL. Hed move to LG if he was taking someones job.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I would rather draft a new swing C/OG like Biadasz or Humphrey to take over for Person or Laken long term. Brunskill could be our long term LT while Skule or Coleman takes the top backup OT position.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by dj43:
Is this guy seriously a candidate as a long term solution at OT? How great would that be to find a competent starter at such an important position from the scrap heap? He's been solid from what I remember the past few weeks, although I don't spotlight him.

He has played at least well enough to make draft day very interesting. It would take a very good OT available at our #1 spot to cause Lynch to go there.

I don't know how the Niners take a OT in round 1 given Brunskill's play.

1) Drafting an OT early almost certainly means Brunskill is gone when his restricted FA status is up. Several teams will pay him to be a starter. The need for quality OL play is almost as dire as that of the QB.

2) Why plug in a rookie with an extremely high bust rate when you already KNOW you have a guy that can play OT at a ridiculously high level? It would be like drafting a TE in the 1st when you already have incredible options.

3) The disparity in talent between our WR group and OL group is massive. I don't even think they're comparable, as it is so clear our WRs are in desperate need of top line help.

The early injuries to Staley and McG allowed the team to see what Brunskill and Skule are made of. If the team feels confident those two can hold it down, then it allows so much more freedom with the 2020 first rounder. I feel the team has enough young WRs to roll for 2020 provided ESamders is re-signed to provide vet leadership.

I think safety is the position to address with Ward's future with the team I doubt.

Anyway, point is Brunskill's surprisingly pleasant performance really opens the door for flexibility with that 2020 first rounder.

Moore is being groomed right behind him.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I would rather draft a new swing C/OG like Biadasz or Humphrey to take over for Person or Laken long term. Brunskill could be our long term LT while Skule or Coleman takes the top backup OT position.

Good call!!

Biadasz would be an incredible pick.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Good call!!

Biadasz would be an incredible pick.

Yeah I mean, person would be rock solid as a multi functional interior depth guy, but I do think we need better insurance at center with a guy who can move better.
What's the chances he's taking snaps at C in practice this week ? Anyone know if in college he has any experience ?

• dj43
Originally posted by jersey49er:
What's the chances he's taking snaps at C in practice this week ? Anyone know if in college he has any experience ?

He did get limited time at C during TC and PS, but Person would more likely be the move to center with DB filling in at RG. He has had more time there. Hopefully, Garland will be the man through February.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I think there was a clip showing #63 taking snaps at center. That's Garland I think
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I see McKinney in a lot of mocks.

As always, there may be a gem that falls to us that we can't refuse.

Ditto
too bad Dan isn't starting this game... I'm sure Falcons fans would've been like WTF? when the commentators introduced him as starting LT.

from the Falcons board a few years ago.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4056275-daniel-brunskill-made-the-practice-squad/

Brunskill was one of the worst linemen I had ever seen in recent history... What do you guys think Dan Sees in this guy?
Share 49ersWebzone