LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by Crown:
He pretty much changed the game

This. If he doesn't come in the game than we probably lose to the packers.

He was that gamechanging.

It was 10-0 and we were going 3 and out over and over. That lead would not have held up.

well if we didn't score at all any more it would still be 10-8 with a w

:p

Yeah but Jimmy would have thrown a pick or two and had a fumble with no blocking on that side and the Packers game plan would have been better.

If they throw Staley in there against Baltimore after 2 months of no football he's going to get wrecked.

All while Bruns kill who has been stone walling people will be sitting watching it fall apart.

It better not happen.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
It was a mistake to put Brunskill on the bench against the Seahawks let´s be honest.
It would be a bigger mistake to bench him Sunday.
He was excellent as LT against the Packers and the Smiths are tremendous pass rushers.
I mean, he´s the best 49ers Tackle this season.
Earned the starting gig this coming Sunday.
[ Edited by Polkadots on Nov 27, 2019 at 12:22 AM ]
definitely needs to start at LT!
Guys a beast love it
I would use Staley as a rotational guy when Brunskill needs a rest. Ease Staley back in until he is really ready to start again.
Originally posted by pdc20:
It was a mistake to put Brunskill on the bench against the Seahawks let´s be honest.
He was excellent as LT against the Packers and the Smiths are tremendous pass rushers.

Good post!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Is burnskill starting this week?
Originally posted by susweel:
Is burnskill starting this week?

He should be. Considering Skule is reportedly battling injuries right now, JS should sit and let the better player who is also 100% go.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I would use Staley as a rotational guy when Brunskill needs a rest. Ease Staley back in until he is really ready to start again.

I'm hoping and praying this is what they do. If it works, we may have found our future LT, and Skule can be the perfect backup at RT. Brunskill can be our swing tackle (already is by default so far???). We draft a C/G next year, and a LT after Staley retires.

Would you guys start him over a healthy Staley? I might.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by pdc20:

Good post!

Originally posted by pdizo916:

I think you give Joe every opportunity to redeem himself from his last start. He has to be a complete downgrade from Brunskill to even consider benching imo.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

No question.

I mean if you want to put the players on the field that give us the best chance to win.

If you care about hurting Staleys feeling than I guess you don't.

The reality is this; Staley might physically be fine and his finger might be fine but he's 35 years old and hasn't played football in over 2 months.

He is not going to be in shape and he is not going to gel with the line like he hasn't had a substantial break.
For now, we need to start Brunskill at LT. Once Staley shows in practice that he is fully back, and a better option at LT, THEN we make the swap back. If Staley doesn't show he is better, then Staley becomes the swing tackle, and then in the off season he either takes a big pay cut, or most likely retires.

If Brunskill is the real deal, then we have a cheap LT next year, and we save Staleys money to help extend Kittle+Buckner, and if AA signs a realistic deal, then him as well. If AA wants HUGE money and years, then we franchise him, and shop him for the best draft pick possible.
Share 49ersWebzone