LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Brunskill is just a superior RT right now. There is no objective way to state that THIS YEAR McGlinchey is better than Brunskill.

I know people are pissed but Staley and McGlinchey need more than a game to knock off the rust.

That's fine. We need to win games. Why sacrifice games just so our worst performing OL this year (McGlinchey) can "knock off the rust"?

I KNOW Staley can bounce back. McGlinchey has been trash all year. And now he is clearly being outplayed by Brunskill.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Brunskill is just a superior RT right now. There is no objective way to state that THIS YEAR McGlinchey is better than Brunskill.

I know people are pissed but Staley and McGlinchey need more than a game to knock off the rust.

That's fine. We need to win games. Why sacrifice games just so our worst performing OL this year (McGlinchey) can "knock off the rust"?

I KNOW Staley can bounce back. McGlinchey has been trash all year. And now he is clearly being outplayed by Brunskill.
You do know Kyle schemed to give Brunskill/Skule way more help than he does with McGlinchey? This comparison isn't just black and white. There is a grey area.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

You do know Kyle schemed to give Brunskill/Skule way more help than he does with McGlinchey? This comparison isn't just black and white. There is a grey area.

That was a narrative that people used, but Shanahan routinely schemes "help" for McGlinchey as well. People don't talk about it because he's a 1st round pick and...every tackle gets "help" from time to time. Regardless, it is painfully obvious McGlinchey has been outplayed this season -- even before this game. Maybe one day he will be a bedrock of our line. I hope that happens. This year is not that year.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 11, 2019 at 9:36 PM ]

This.
Jeez I think he is better than our starter. Can we put him back in?.....
I know people say you shouldn't lose your job due to injury. At the same time though, everyone deserves the best opportunity to win.
This dude earned a starter role and the coaching staff took it from him...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Polkadots:
I know people say you shouldn't lose your job due to injury. At the same time though, everyone deserves the best opportunity to win.

McGlinchey is really hurting the team this year. Not just this game. Each game he has played. He isn't getting it done at a high level. Brunskill gets it done and uses minimal help.
Can we try him out at center if they refuse to swap him with staley? Garland was trash.

Staley and McG were tough starts. Especially Staley, he showed he was not up to the task, health was a good excuse to pull him and yet they stuck it out while Clowney played toro with him.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Nov 11, 2019 at 10:22 PM ]
Brunskill > McGlinchey.

This dude comes in and changes the entire games dynamic.

I don't see how you keep him on the bench.
I like this guy. A lot.
This dude just proved he's the best swing tackle on the team.
Better than Skule
Unsung hero
Share 49ersWebzone