LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Appreciation of 49er Fullbacks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers are known for having great QBs, but I was just think how blessed this team has been over the decades with stud fullbacks:

Roger Craig
Tom Rathman
William Floyd
Bruce Miller
Kyle Juszczyk

I may be missing a few great old timers too. Here's to the guys that make the running game go.
Fred Beasley was good.

Moran Norris was solid too.
[ Edited by littleken on Oct 9, 2019 at 2:49 PM ]
Fred Beasley was the man.
Can I go back a little further? People forget that Joe the Jet Perry was a fullback because he was so damn fast. In some ways he redefined the fullback position. He was also the team's first African American player. Key member of the Million Dollar Backfield. Let's give it up for Joe.
Adam Walker tfoh
Add "Touchdown" Tommy Vardell to the list
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
Can I go back a little further? People forget that Joe the Jet Perry was a fullback because he was so damn fast. In some ways he redefined the fullback position. He was also the team's first African American player. Key member of the Million Dollar Backfield. Let's give it up for Joe.

I think the fullback was used differently back then too. But good catch.
Originally posted by Garoppolis:

Joe was not the team's first African-American player. BOB MIKE was the first, out of UCLA, where he played alongside Jackie Robinson. It was the one shameful moment in 49er history. I wrote an article about him many years ago. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/205582-a-single-moment-of-shame-in-49er-history
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
ken willard. wilbur jackson

Marc Edwards.. broke out of LeRoy Butler's grasp twice in the 1998 wild card game
Always love full backs they never get the credit but do the dirty work
Originally posted by matt49er:
Always love full backs they never get the credit but do the dirty work

agreed, just like the oline.
Originally posted by littleken:
Fred Beasley was good.

Moran Norris was solid too.

Share 49ersWebzone