⛏ SF 49ERS @ LA RAMS 🐏 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ LA RAMS 🐏 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 6

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard this game will not be flexed to the Sunday night game. We are getting Dick Stockton for our game Sunday. Not sure why.
cuz that welp colllinsworth hates us

This. Deadline to have flexed the game into SNF was Tuesday of last week

...now NBC is stuck with steelers-chargers in a tiny soccer arena. Dumbasses

i swear next to the pats. the steelers are his fav team. i hate him. have ever since the giants niners garcia comeback game with him buck and aikman in their stupid little blue sweaters
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Just like last night, our biggest advantage is our Front 7 vs their Oline. Offense just has to step up and this is easy money.
not sure about easy. but with gurley hurt.. our run game. even without juice. should be a key factor. just get up by two scores in the 4th and run the ball.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Just like last night, our biggest advantage is our Front 7 vs their Oline. Offense just has to step up and this is easy money.
not sure about easy. but with gurley hurt.. our run game. even without juice. should be a key factor. just get up by two scores in the 4th and run the ball.

Will be interesting to see what Shanahan's approach to containing Donald will be. I wonder if we'll see similar tactics to what NE did to him or not.
X-factor in this game will be special teams. I can see the rams running some type of fake fg/punt. Our ST gonna have to step up. Even tho it's a away game it's not a cross country away game on a short week. 9ers will be fine and I'll be there hating on the rams!!!
Rams this year are the 2014 49ers.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Goalposts always moving.

I don't look at it as goalposts moving, at least when done rationally, not trolling.

Before the season, I picked the Niners to go 10-6 and win one in the playoffs, so you can hardly call me a negative Nellie, or Nancy, or whatever.

There are quite a few good to very good teams in the NFC that we're competing against for a wildcard berth, or playoff seeding if we prove good enough to win the division: Eagles, Cowboys, Saints, Panthers, Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions, Seahawks and Rams. I'd include Tampa in that, because they could very easily be 4-1 right now.

We've played Tampa. That's it. That's no discredit to the team; you play who is on your schedule.

We still have the Saints, Panthers, Packers, Rams (2) and Seahawks (2) to play. All of those teams are better than the Browns, Steelers and Bungles.

Keep playing well and the wins will take care of themselves. But three of the four teams we've played suck and that's a fact.
Rams favored on a neutral site.

This is our first chance to really make a statement. If we beat the rams, regardless of how they play, we gain legitimacy and prove our playoff caliber. The browns win was impressive, but half the pundits are calling the browns trash now lol

Niners 24-20
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
This is going to be a tough game. We can't let ourselves get overconfident after beating a bad Browns team. We're stepping up in class now and we're going up against a Rams team with 4 more days to prepare than us that badly needs a win.

Your. Schtick. Is. Getting. Old.

This^ Why are you here troll?

I guess if I was a real fan, I'd spend my time getting irrationally angry over any perceived slight against the team.

Rams are a better team than the Browns. All of the teams we've played are either bad or inconsistent. If hearing that upsets you, that doesn't mean it's trolling or incorrect. You shouldn't get so emotional over any minor perceived slight against your team.
I'm ready! Bring it on!
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Rams favored on a neutral site.

This is our first chance to really make a statement. If we beat the rams, regardless of how they play, we gain legitimacy and prove our playoff caliber. The browns win was impressive, but half the pundits are calling the browns trash now lol

Niners 24-20

Obviously I hope we keep this momentum going and take out a key division rival(this is a huge game for us)

Schedule makers throwing up a big middle finger to us for this one giving us a short week to go on the road while the Rams have extra time to rest up and get ready for us after playing last Thursday.

However if we win this game I can totally see people claiming the Rams aren't the same team as last year but you know what? I hope people keep making excuses on why we're simply not that good. And hopefully we keep making them look stupid.

We have still yet to play a game without any mistakes. Yesterday was pretty darn close to it but we still had a fumble, awful showing on special teams whether letting punts go into our 20, James making weird decisions returning including taking a kickoff at the 10 or so with the ball going out of bounds, missed/blocked FGs and few dropped passes stalling drives.

One thing is for sure, Rams despite their issues this year are very dangerous. They have a great coaching staff, great talent on offense which make them hard to defend because they spread the ball around so you can't really shut down one guy and feel good about the rest and they have the best player in the game on D who can destroy plays.

Have to play clean, win the turnover battle. Hope our trenches win on both sides again. Missing Juice for this game hurts tho for sure.

I just can't stand the television announcers. Booger McFarland was such a ridiculous Browns homer that it was annoying. I'd like to listen to the radio broadcast with Tim Ryan, who I like a lot, but there's this 9 second delay and it kind of screws things up. Does anyone know a way to listen to the radio while watching the game with no delay on the radio?
This morning on Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner picked us to win the West.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

I guess if I was a real fan, I'd spend my time getting irrationally angry over any perceived slight against the team.

Rams are a better team than the Browns. All of the teams we've played are either bad or inconsistent. If hearing that upsets you, that doesn't mean it's trolling or incorrect. You shouldn't get so emotional over any minor perceived slight against your team.

The Rams will be the best team they've faced yet, but I don't think they are as good as they were last year. Their O-line is very suspicious, their secondary hasn't really been performing that well and they don't have Suh along side Arnold this year. Also, Gurley just isn't the same guy he has been in the past. This is a winnable game; not an easy game, but winnable. And if they win this one, everyone will have to concede that they are for real.
Originally posted by Kezarguy:
I just can't stand the television announcers. Booger McFarland was such a ridiculous Browns homer that it was annoying. I'd like to listen to the radio broadcast with Tim Ryan, who I like a lot, but there's this 9 second delay and it kind of screws things up. Does anyone know a way to listen to the radio while watching the game with no delay on the radio?
If you have DVR you can sync the game to the radio but its really annoying and tricky to get right but if you get it right it works.
Originally posted by Raul98:
If you have DVR you can sync the game to the radio but its really annoying and tricky to get right but if you get it right it works.

Do you start the DVR, let it run for a while and then run it back about 8 or 9 seconds? Is that the idea?
Share 49ersWebzone