LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Harbaugh's 2011 49ers VERSUS Shanahan's 2019 49ers(hypothetical)Who would win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the question is serious, Kyle's team would obviously dominate. Anyone else see the Ravens fans lobbying to have Greg Roman fired? Yeah. That defense is a wash with this one, but our offensive personnel is better and I'm not even going to insult Kyle by comparing his play calling to Roman's.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
much more clearly defined now.

2022 team > 2011

no question

I think this version of the 49ers is better than the 11 and 12 team overall. I think the 12 team would be a tough matchup for them though. Kaepernick making a few big plays with his legs could be the difference in a very low scoring game.

Simmed it on whatifsports and the 19 Niners (22 is not available yet) won the game 13-6, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
much more clearly defined now.

2022 team > 2011

no question

I think this version of the 49ers is better than the 11 and 12 team overall. I think the 12 team would be a tough matchup for them though. Kaepernick making a few big plays with his legs could be the difference in a very low scoring game.

Simmed it on whatifsports and the 19 Niners (22 is not available yet) won the game 13-6, lol.

ha, well that's what the original comparison was when this thread was made years ago
https://youtube.com/shorts/24S7w3enXY0?feature=share
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Dec 21, 2022 at 5:24 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Kaepernick would run all over this defense. Sprinkle in some big throws and so think Harbaugh's squad has the advantage.

Willis / Bowman >>>>>>>>>> Warner / Greenlaw
Smith / A Smith ========== Bosa / Armstead
Whitner / Goldson >>>>>> Gibson / Hufanga
Rogers / Culliver <<< Ward / Lenoir
Originally posted by DrEll:
Kaepernick would run all over this defense. Sprinkle in some big throws and so think Harbaugh's squad has the advantage.

2011 49ers, not 2012

but just for the sake of it, I don't think so at all. Kap ran like a gazelle. wasn't shifty or agile. plus this defense has more speed
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Dec 21, 2022 at 7:15 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Harbaugh had the Defense, Kyle has the offense! I really wish we could've won with Harbaugh. That was some of the best defensive players and likable players on that squad.

If KS wins this year this offense will be copied for years to come and this defense will go down as one of the best.

Is this hypothetical back in 2012 the team caught the league off guard? Because otherwise there is no way Kap would dominate this defense.
I have to give the nod to Kyle as much as I love the Harbaugh teams. I think Kyle's offense will score enough to pull it out in a low scoring game.
Feel like other than Joe Staley the turnover has reached a point to where it's finally time to ponder about this, as I have the past couple days..

Was re-watching our 2011 playoff win over the saints, and the 2012 game vs. the Packers. after watching both I've come to the conclusion, I really don't miss what we had anymore.. especially compared to what we have now offensively, and even defensively. we had studs don't get me wrong, but man, going back and watching Harbaugh's offense in 2011 and heck even 2012 with Kap, it just felt so 'limited' or inefficient. we had "ball-hawk" or "big hitters" in the secondary, but they were never known as great cover safetys in my opinion. the only player I miss is our ILB duo with Willis and Bo in his prime defensive-wise. I won't say I missed Aldon, he just had too many issues, and Justin Smith I mean, he's a beast. but damn we are so stacked at D-line now. offensively I miss Gore and just how so good he was at pass-blocking. Miss having the huge value.

so it got me thinking, what do you think it'd be like if Shanny's current 49ers went up against Harbaugh's 2011 niners? I think we'd eat them alive defensively, (I just don't think Alex was good at all in 2011. it's like night and day watching him back then compared to his last season on the Chiefs) but our offense vs. that defense back then? oh man, that'd be interesting and fun to watch. (Just put Joe Staley as the LT for both scenarios, lol)

That team was 13-3 and you could not run the ball on them. To beat that team you would have to have Marshawn Lynch, a mobile Russell Wilson and the LOB. That team had Willis Bowman and Alton Smith at LB. Then the OL was bananas. They dominated you both sides of the LOS consistently. Not on one side but both sides they won the trenches consistently. Real tough guys that outfit was. They took down HOF QBs in their primes. Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Nobody had it better than us from 2011-2013 but SEA just seemed to have our number

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I have to give the nod to Kyle as much as I love the Harbaugh teams. I think Kyle's offense will score enough to pull it out in a low scoring game.

They better pass because you could NOT run on that squad and how effective would Deebo be vs Willis and Bowman and with Goodson and Whitner they weren't dodging any tackles in that secondary. Straight up head hunters!
Originally posted by titan:
Harbaugh had the Defense, Kyle has the offense! I really wish we could've won with Harbaugh. That was some of the best defensive players and likable players on that squad.

If KS wins this year this offense will be copied for years to come and this defense will go down as one of the best.

We would have won in 2012 had we ran the ball right at the end. We had Gore and Kap down there and 5 yards and 3 downs to get it with Haloti Ngata sidelined. There was no excuse for the play calling at the end
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

They better pass because you could NOT run on that squad and how effective would Deebo be vs Willis and Bowman and with Goodson and Whitner they weren't dodging any tackles in that secondary. Straight up head hunters!

I didn't go that far, but yeah the game would come down to Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle. As I said, I think Kyle's teams would score enough to win. I'd say 13 - 10 or even 12 - 10 for Kyle's teams.

One of my favorite 49ers teams ever. I hate Harbs for not feeding Gore inside the RedZone like that Also wish Frankie had the stamina to pop that long run in for a score lol
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

We couldn't stop Colston, Victor Cruz, Manningham, Julio, Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Kearse, Tate, Baldwin....

I'll take Kyle with these weapons being able to pass on that mediocre coverage secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone