LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

Harbaugh's 2011 49ers VERSUS Shanahan's 2019 49ers(hypothetical)Who would win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Looking back at this I think you can make the case that the 2012 team would have a better chance but not the 2011 team. 2019 would smash them. Our d had some problems with mobile qb's thru out the year and would run into a red hot Kaepernick before he was figured out. And that 12 team had weapons but our d matches up well with them. Sherman has always owned Crabs and 12 doesn't have the speed that you need to exploit them.

Kaps favorite receiver while he was here was Sherman. I have no idea why Kap was such a moron whenever he played Seattle. Like, he never had any good games against them until the last game of his career in 2016 where he FINALLY threw for over 200 yards against them. The doofus went 6 straight games not throwing for at least 200 yards against them. One of the things I resented about Kap was his retarded play against our biggest rival.

"Oh hey Sherman, he you go, catch!"

-Kap

2019 is one of the best teams we've had in the last 20 years. Very good D with a great offense. Very balanced. We were no question the best team in the NFC this year. I thought 2019 was a very enjoyable season.

So 2019 > 2011 and 2012.
Originally posted by Snitch:
Kaps favorite receiver while he was here was Sherman. I have no idea why Kap was such a moron whenever he played Seattle. Like, he never had any good games against them until the last game of his career in 2016 where he FINALLY threw for over 200 yards against them. The doofus went 6 straight games not throwing for at least 200 yards against them. One of the things I resented about Kap was his retarded play against our biggest rival.

"Oh hey Sherman, he you go, catch!"

-Kap

2019 is one of the best teams we've had in the last 20 years. Very good D with a great offense. Very balanced. We were no question the best team in the NFC this year. I thought 2019 was a very enjoyable season.

So 2019 > 2011 and 2012.

The 12 offense is better than you remember though. It was actually 2nd per play. They could pass, they could run, they were good with 2 different qb's showing the talent, and were even more dangerous in Jan when they pulled out the read option catching people by surprise. We just played at a time consuming pace because we're talking about JH here. I think 19 matches up well but that 12 team was a d good team. The d just softened at the end of the year allowing Baltimore to pull it out.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 13, 2020 at 7:11 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
It's hard to say with two chokers. It'd probably end in a tie, or go on for multiple extra hours.

Yup. They both cant win the big game. Harbaugh had the superior coaching staff but shanny is a "better" genius.

If ever they played in different conferences and met in a SB, Goodell would have to implement a new rule just for them

First ever tie in a SB (neither team would take advantage of triple overtime)... #HarbannyRule
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
It's hard to say with two chokers. It'd probably end in a tie, or go on for multiple extra hours.

Yup. They both cant win the big game. Harbaugh had the superior coaching staff but shanny is a "better" genius.

If ever they played in different conferences and met in a SB, Goodell would have to implement a new rule just for them

First ever tie in a SB (neither team would take advantage of triple overtime)... #HarbannyRule

It would be a battle of two Qbs missing open receivers 😅

Would be a fun game to watch defensive wise.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

LOL and questionable play calling by the goal line

2011 team would let Jimmy G score 20 pts on them in the first half, then wouldn't budge any more.

2019 will shut down kaep then let him run all over them in the 4th quarter.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

2011 team would let Jimmy G score 20 pts on them in the first half, then wouldn't budge any more.

This. Thread. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Kaepernick.

How many times does this need to be said?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

lol
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Mar 16, 2020 at 12:14 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

didn't he play with the 2011 team

He did. 5 passing attempts and 2 rushing attempts.
2011 defense is the best I've ever seen. I don't remember the 85 Bears.

And they did it all season long. Whereas the 2019s were selectively soft.

2011, take your trophy

Kaep would Swiss cheese the defense harder than he did Green Bay's lol
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Kaep would Swiss cheese the defense harder than he did Green Bay's lol

Kap was a long stride runner. not exactly elusive or hard to bring down. but then again our current defense can't finish with anybody lol
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 7, 2020 at 6:58 AM ]
The 2011 did not allow any YAC but had one player that cost them a SB shot. I don't think the 2019 version would have run against the 2011 team. The 2011 team had some down guys, Gore, Pat, Bo, Hawk, Cowboy, Mac. Harbaugh had more passion than Shanahan. He brought his teams to 3 straight NFC Championships. I'll go with the 2011 version.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The 2011 did not allow any YAC but had one player that cost them a SB shot. I don't think the 2019 version would have run against the 2011 team. The 2011 team had some down guys, Gore, Pat, Bo, Hawk, Cowboy, Mac. Harbaugh had more passion than Shanahan. He brought his teams to 3 straight NFC Championships. I'll go with the 2011 version.

Lol how can you quantify or measure 'passion'? just kind of silly to prefer one over the other because of something you only have an impression of and will never know or be able to know factually
Kap sucked, and couldn't read a defense, so 2019 niners.
Share 49ersWebzone