There are 103 users in the forums

Harbaugh's 2011 49ers VERSUS Shanahan's 2019 49ers(hypothetical)Who would win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The only good thing about the 2011 niners was defense hitting hard and frank gore.
Originally posted by Snitch:
2011 D was superior, no question about it, but other than that, the 2019 shines in every way. In 2011 our offense sucked and we were one of the worst 3rd down team in the league. Our offense cost us the NFC championship game vs the Giants that year.

no question about 2011> to 2019 D? you sure about that? secondary was a liability in pass coverage. we had aldon and justin on the D-line which does not compare to the likes of bosa, armstead, buck, and dee ford it's like 4-2 there. id give our LB's the edge in 2011 but that's LITERALLY it...
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Eh I am with Jiks. They had more talent at most Defensive positions and a better O-line in 2011. Skill players might be a push or even a slight edge to today, but not by a lot. The coaching then I think was slightly better on D, but on offense it is light years ahead, like there is no comparison. I think todays team beats 2011 8 times out of ten just because of Shanny and Jimmy G vs Roman and Kap is a slaughter. But the rest of it is much closer.

If you think Shanny & Jimmy vs. Roman & Kap is a slaughter, imagine how much bigger a slaughter that Shanny & Jimmy vs. Roman & Alex Smith would be (which is what the thread is about, not the year after).
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Eh I am with Jiks. They had more talent at most Defensive positions and a better O-line in 2011. Skill players might be a push or even a slight edge to today, but not by a lot. The coaching then I think was slightly better on D, but on offense it is light years ahead, like there is no comparison. I think todays team beats 2011 8 times out of ten just because of Shanny and Jimmy G vs Roman and Kap is a slaughter. But the rest of it is much closer.

If you think Shanny & Jimmy vs. Roman & Kap is a slaughter, imagine how much bigger a slaughter that Shanny & Jimmy vs. Roman & Alex Smith would be (which is what the thread is about, not the year after).

this ^
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
no question about 2011> to 2019 D? you sure about that? secondary was a liability in pass coverage. we had aldon and justin on the D-line which does not compare to the likes of bosa, armstead, buck, and dee ford it's like 4-2 there. id give our LB's the edge in 2011 but that's LITERALLY it...

this is underselling some of the other guys on that D, as well as how dominant our Smith Bros were. Yea they weren't all pros but Ahmad Brooks/RayMac were no joke. Aldon/Justin that year, iirc, were more dominant than any of our DL guys right now and that's saying something. HUGE edge goes to Pat/Bow, it's not even close in my opinion. Secondary is a close call to me, while Sherm is the best corner, I'd say the rest is a wash, maybe slight edge to 2011. Carlos Rogers was having a pro bowl year until he had to cover Victor Cruz.
This year's team is superior to the 2011 team in almost every way.
2019 offense is so far ahead of the 2011 offense that it's not even close. 2019 defense destroys Alex Smith. 2011 defense is only better at LB, defensive lines are similar, 2019 actually had more pressures and sacks. 2019 secondary is better than 2011. For all the talk about the 2011 49ers rushing attack 2019 ran for more yds and a much higher ypc. 2019 team is much better coached and has a much better scheme.
[ Edited by Thorhawk on Jan 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Snitch:
2011 D was superior, no question about it, but other than that, the 2019 shines in every way. In 2011 our offense sucked and we were one of the worst 3rd down team in the league. Our offense cost us the NFC championship game vs the Giants that year.

no question about 2011> to 2019 D? you sure about that? secondary was a liability in pass coverage. we had aldon and justin on the D-line which does not compare to the likes of bosa, armstead, buck, and dee ford it's like 4-2 there. id give our LB's the edge in 2011 but that's LITERALLY it...

Totally agree!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,150
So....
Originally posted by jcs:
So....

They both suck and should be coaching a second rate college program...poorly.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jcs:
So....

They both suck and should be coaching a second rate college program...poorly.

Harbaugh 2011 > Shanahan 2019

Harbaugh has more presence than kyle, kyle has that look that he knows he's gonna let u down at some point..
the window slightly opened for both roosters and closed pretty fast with all those contracts they have/had to do..
Bosa, Kittle and Warner are the core of the team, call me crazy but i don't know why you have to give all that money to buckner and armstead.
[ Edited by TheBhagwan on Feb 25, 2020 at 9:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
2019 offense is so far ahead of the 2011 offense that it's not even close. 2019 defense destroys Alex Smith. 2011 defense is only better at LB, defensive lines are similar, 2019 actually had more pressures and sacks. 2019 secondary is better than 2011. For all the talk about the 2011 49ers rushing attack 2019 ran for more yds and a much higher ypc. 2019 team is much better coached and has a much better scheme.

how can sherman, spoon, ward and tartt be better than rogers, TB, goldson and whitner ?! not real, vic fangio's defense was way better than saleh
Shanny in the first half , Jim in the second half
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Shanny in the first half , Jim in the second half

Neither in the 4Q though. LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Shanny in the first half , Jim in the second half

Neither in the 4Q though. LOL

No , just not Shanny in the 4th .
Share 49erswebzone