LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

First take and undisputed never mention us

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why would anyone care what the media thinks? Do fans really need validation in order to finally have some confidence in our defense, Shanahan's playcalling and Jimmy G?
We'll get all the media attention you want if we s**t the bed against the browns on MNF. I feel like Monday is a big turning point for us. If we want to really make a playoff push we need to win this MNF game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Why would anyone care what the media thinks? Do fans really need validation in order to finally have some confidence in our defense, Shanahan's playcalling and Jimmy G?

This x 10000000000000000

f**k worryin' about what kind of media coverage we are getting.

I am actually glad we are not getting it...and hope it continues.
U guys are right. I woke super early to watch GMF, still madd hyped from W yesterday and trying to soak up all the media attention for once in forever. Like u all said, u can now count on Nate (still getting used to this lol) and Schraegs to show us love, but the rest of the shows....NADA smh. That also extends to "Wingo And Golic plus "Get UP" but for a small side mention which was mostly talking Steelers. Dominating the coverage? The crappy Giants and their rookie QB, who beat the same team we did, but are getting their Johnsons licked for coming back to beat. This is pitiful. East coast Bias LIVES!

But...then again...being the underdog serves this particular iteration of the 49ers well. So it's really just meh. LOL

No ur 100% right we really don't. But we are human lol

I think people enjoy it when your team gets national praise. Nothing wrong with that. Problem is they take it personal when they get criticized. I love it when the 49ers get hated on and they win. That 95 Cowboys game when Grbac started was awesome. Stick a big fat W in their face and make em look stupid. I stopped watching NFL and ESPN a long time ago. Only places I get my 49ers news is here and Sportspyder. That way I can pick and choose what I want to read and not give clicks to people that imo don't deserve it.
Both of those shows and all of the hosts blow chucks. Who cares.
There was a game during the regular season between the Niners and Cowboys way back in the year the Niners went to the first super bowl. The year before, the Niners went to Arlington stadium and got mollywopped 54 - 7. The next year the boys came to the 'Stick and got their hats brought to them 45 - 14. Monday Night Football used to show the Sunday game clips at halftime. And there was not one mention of the Niners taking the Cowboys lunch money!!! And also let mention that in the NFCCG that year between the Niners and Cowboys, the Niners had SIX turnovers, 5 by Joe. And you know how the rest turned out
I'm fine with nobody mentioning us.

We're playing to win not get media attention.
We will be stuck with the pretender label due to the past 5 years. We must put together a string of some quality wins to get featured. As of now our opponents have a combined record of 1-8.

We beat Browns on national TV and then the Rams, watch out.

Niners back again!

Originally posted by captveg:
It took until SF was 11-3 after the Monday Night win against Pittsburgh in 2011 for the national media to take them seriously. This is nothing new.

Okay this is just absurd.

We definitely got attention after beating the Lions to go 5-1.
we can go sign Antonio Brown and we'll be mentioned on all the sports networks.
I realized earlier that I hadn't been "here" as a fan before until the Harbaugh era. Growing up in the 80s, the Niners were always part of the national conversation.

So with that early 2010s experience under our belt, I can say that it's way more fun to catch everyone off guard, making them believers when you're deep into the playoffs
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
We'll get all the media attention you want if we s**t the bed against the browns on MNF. I feel like Monday is a big turning point for us. If we want to really make a playoff push we need to win this MNF game.

Why Monday Night Football stop opening up with the teams helmets falling from the sky?
That used to let people know that it was time for some football on Monday Nights.
The 3 teams we beat have combined for 1 win. Not gonna get national headlines b/c of that. Not to mention undisputed has to talk about the cowboys every 20 minutes
Share 49ersWebzone