Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs CLE BROWNS 🐶 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 5

• 91til
  • Veteran
Gonna be there tomorrow so freakin excited
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sunshine:
I have been surfing around r/browns and the browns board and I haven't seen one Browns fan who thinks they will lose this game. Most don't even think it will be competitive. Maybe that's the case, but damn it would feel good to crush them tomorrow and see them get humbled.

They got all cocky after beating a team with a gimmicky offense and average (at best) defense that was missing 2 starting CBs. That very team almost lost to a 3rd sting QB today.

Brownies have a lot of weapons on offense, but their little QB will soil her pants and s**t the bed. Their D won't know what him them.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You let Chubb get going, that let's the weakest link, the offensive line, off the hook. Like I said, those receivers are no better than anyone sitting in the stands if the quarterback can't get them the ball. The corner opposite of Sherman is Emmanuel Moseley. Go check his thread out, theres some good stuff in there.

This.

Saleh is not in a "double bind." He's has the enviable luxury of unleashing one of the best fronts in football against one of the worst offensive lines. We don't need 8 in the box to limit Chubb just like we don't need to blitz to generate tons of pressure. We haven't needed to do those things all year.

CLE is gonna have a couple chunk plays tomorrow no doubt, but they're going to struggle maintaining drives w/o much success on the ground. They'll be consistently behind the sticks, and in that situation, the boys gone EAT.

So long as we don't have another 5 turnover showing, I like the Niners by two scores at home on prime time.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
^^ Yes #DoubleDigits
Going for our 49th win on MNF. We ain't losing!!
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Goatie:
You ever see someone act nervous and swallow their spit right before they answer a question?

That's how I imagine Brownie-Baker-Willow when asked, "do you think you can pull off the upset against the 49ers?"

I am sure they will be carrying around a spare change of underwear when contemplating that proposition.

Saleh has to figure out how to contain Chubb in their running game while on the other hand keeping Mayfield from getting it out to his WRs particularly Beckham. (Wish we traded for him), That is the double bind Saleh is in.

Nothing would surprise me in this game. But unlike previous years, 49ers look like they will win close ones instead of lose them.

This could be a tight game or Niners could just take them out of their misery, then they could lick their wounds and take it out on Cheattle the following week

That is the big difference. The team will win by a couple of points rather then lose by a couple of points now. Plus we have a defense that actually works. We are streets ahead of the last few years.
Originally posted by Sunshine:
I have been surfing around r/browns and the browns board and I haven't seen one Browns fan who thinks they will lose this game. Most don't even think it will be competitive. Maybe that's the case, but damn it would feel good to crush them tomorrow and see them get humbled.

They got all cocky after beating a team with a gimmicky offense and average (at best) defense that was missing 2 starting CBs. That very team almost lost to a 3rd sting QB today.

Brownies have a lot of weapons on offense, but their little QB will soil her pants and s**t the bed. Their D won't know what him them.

They definitely have a cocky fan base rn, considering they aren't far removed from going 1-31 over 2 seasons.

I am nervous about tomorrow but feel like we should be able to handle them. As long as Myles Garrett and OBJ don't kill us, we've got a good chance. Still, any given Sunday... er, Monday.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
You'll love this.

Browns can't even do brown right. They're like, Orange.
Might as well call themselves the Burnt Siennas.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think it's time we admit at least 50% of the people on here (or 50% of the frequent posters) do not watch other games.

That might be true but the only way to avoid them is don't watch TV. Sunday, Sunday night, Thursday night and Monday night, At least 30 college games on tv every Saturday plus Thursday and Friday games. I love football but I even get tired of watching. All the stoppage from commercials and replays make it even harder to watch. We now spend more time watching officials review plays than the actual plays. That's true not an opinion. I was all for replay at first but they need to do something about the constant stoppage of play. It sucks. The actual time of action is between 11 and 15 minutes during a 3 1/2 hour broadcast.

I honestly want TNF dropped. Too many hours per week dedicated to football and it has to be awful for the players. Also, there aren't enough quality games to have three primetime shows.

I honestly want TNF dropped. Too many hours per week dedicated to football and it has to be awful for the players. Also, there aren't enough quality games to have three primetime shows.

i hate tnf

i know some people who want the nfl on every night...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i hate tnf

the nfl is on every night, hence the NFL network.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
the nfl is on every night, hence the NFL network.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i hate tnf

TNF has gotten better...MNF has gone downhill tbph
Share 49ersWebzone