LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by thl408:
gg

Jimmy G really needs to knock off the rust. He had bourne wide open with a clean pocket and he takes a loss of yard????

Lol, looked like Bourne was about to do a victory backflip.
jd, when you post your link to the video, it'd be cool if you made a quick note about what's covered in the video so we can have a reference of what's in it. For example I wanna watch that Moore near pick 6 but I forget which video it was.

That's a great idea, I'll do that here and try and remember to do that in the description of the videos themselves too as that can help.

So any guesses as to why Kyle was all over Jimmy on the sideline after this play...

Should Jimmy gone back to the Kittle route since the safety jumped on the KB route?
I think it's obvious, you don't throw into double coverage!

Should've been to Kittle in da middle but they got much back.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Sep 13, 2019 at 10:08 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

So any guesses as to why Kyle was all over Jimmy on the sideline after this play...

Should Jimmy gone back to the Kittle route since the safety jumped on the KB route?

AGree. Kittle was open.

ICYMI

That or Goodwin breaking back in. Hard to say on this one. There was obviously something wrong here.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
That or Goodwin breaking back in. Hard to say on this one. There was obviously something wrong here.

The HB was open too underneath. He had a clean pocket. I don't understand why JG isn't going through his progressions like he did in 2017. Does he not trust our line yet, especially coming off a major injury?
  • thl408
Originally posted by John_Candy:

The HB was open too underneath. He had a clean pocket. I don't understand why JG isn't going through his progressions like he did in 2017. Does he not trust our line yet, especially coming off a major injury?

It was a 3rd & 12 so while the RB (3rd in progression) is open, that's not going to get it done. I don't know why Kyle was upset on the sideline. I checked the plays leading up to that throw, since Kyle may have been upset with a different play, and nothing stood out with the previous plays in terms of missed opportunities.

It was a 3rd & 12 so while the RB (3rd in progression) is open, that's not going to get it done. I don't know why Kyle was upset on the sideline. I checked the plays leading up to that throw, since Kyle may have been upset with a different play, and nothing stood out with the previous plays in terms of missed opportunities.

part of me wonders if there was a can play. If he called 2 different passing plays in, one to be cover 2(which was what we ran would do) and one to beat cover 4 and Jimmy didn't can the play. That's possible.

• thl408

part of me wonders if there was a can play. If he called 2 different passing plays in, one to be cover 2(which was what we ran would do) and one to beat cover 4 and Jimmy didn't can the play. That's possible.

If I had to guess something, I'd say Jimmy not targeting Kittle in the middle, in a Middle Field Open coverage, is why Kyle was upset.

Just pointing out that there was an additional option that would have been better (safer) than the throw we saw from Jimmy. Kyle was probably upset that Jimmy risked taking a sure 3 points off the board.
  • thl408
Just pointing out that there was an additional option that would have been better (safer) than the throw we saw from Jimmy. Kyle was probably upset that Jimmy risked taking a sure 3 points off the board.

Hm that's a new angle I hadn't thought of, Kyle being upset Jimmy made a risky throw and would rather him throw it away.
Originally posted by Heroism:

ICYMI

Kyle be like "you better make the right throw next time..... MULLENS IS RIGHT THERE!!" points fingers

My money is on Goodwin. Looks like Kittle had a safety watching him over the top.
Share 49ersWebzone