LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - 2019 Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I was one of them there at the game chanting it. Niner fans absolutely TOOK OVER that stadium. I was on the visiting side in the 100s section and there were barely a couple Bucs fans for every few rows. I saw plenty of Niners fans in the shaded home section too. I was elated to see such strong fan support out there. It was awesome high fiving everybody after the game and throughout the game itself when we made plays.

How did you hold up in that heat? I saw 3 college games (Alabama, LSU-Texas and Tennessee) that all were played in 100+ with crowds of 100,000 packed in. I don't know how they can stand it. Let's see how many fans complain about the heat at Levis for our home opener.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by cciowa:
first time i have had a chance to chime in. great win. winning a road game and being ready to play were the big things for me. the guys and coaches did well. i hate the dc still but i was very impressed by the defense even with alexander out. secondary stepped up and i hope proved to kyle and john. there is life after ward. yes the team made to many mistakes . and penalties but alls well that ends well and we still need to get better on tackling but little reason to complain. good team win. on the road. huge. i think lots of us still have the first win under jt in our minds. so there is no reason we should lay an egg next sunday. jimmys pick six did not bug me as much as the penalties. defense . aside from missed tackles on third and 17, was just fine. congrats to kyle and the players

Are you using expensive silverware / China with your supper, sir? How are you having it (roasted, fried, grilled, boiled, raw)?

#Crow
hey., i said yesterday i would not b***h no matter the score if we won and would be happy to be proven wrong in my concerns i had pre game. to answer your question.. i am eating it on paper plates today. it is easier to heat up in my new 35 dollar microwave i just got at wallmart
Ugly win but i'll take it! I know the offense will play better as the weeks go on, Jimmy had some good passes and some s**tty ones but for the most part his decision making was good (minus that pick 6). He should've had 3TD's but stupid penalties ruined that. Anyways, how about that defense !? They played great for being on the field for as long as they were, in that heat & humidity and without Kwon. One guy that played great was Ahkello, he had extremely tight coverage on every target, seemed like a totally different player out there.

-Question: With Verrett coming back either this week or next, what are the odds he plays that nickel corner spot? If Ahkello plays like he did yesterday, its almost impossible to be replaced unless verrett is just that good. He fits the frame of a nickel no? That can be an upgrade of Williams
Sad thing about this game is we let Ronald Jones run all over us and that is a mediocre RB lol.

Can't be doing that next week against Mixon, and the follow against Connor.
Originally posted by 49erforlife:
Well it looks like my prediction for a blowout almost came to fruition. Two dropped pick six and two call backs on George Kittle TDs would have put the media in an uproar. It was nice to be at the game and turn the stadium into a home game. There were so many niners fans there. At the end of the game, 49ers fans were chanting walking out of stadium "Let's go niners"! Good to finally be back to relevance. Keep it going!

I heard the chants on the broadcast. It was a thing of beauty.

Good call on the potential blow out. I thought it would be a close game because of Arians, but man this defense came to play! Jameis threw two pick sixes and could have easily been 3 or 4. They also had their own big plays reversed, so who knows, but the Niners defense clearly set the tone the whole game.

If I had to complain about anything, oddly enough, it would be some of the play calls/coaching decisions in crucial situations.

First, Gould attempting a 57 yard FG when we should have probably pinned them back. It was a gamble that I thought we may regret, but it didn't hurt in the long run.

Second, last drive having Sheldon Day and Julian Taylor in while Jones was running all over us. After they got into the red zone, the coaches put our starting DL back in, and blew up the next two plays. I was frustrated initially, but after seeing how the drive ended, it was clear the heat was a factor, and they wanted Buckner, Bosa, Ford, and AA all fresh for the red zone series.

Either way, neither decision killed us or lost the game, so no use crying of spilled milk.

Also, we finally have a pass rush! It brought a tear to my eye because we haven't seen that since the Harbaugh playoff runs.

Go Niners!!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Victory Monday!!

EXPECTING ANOTHER ONE AFTER NEXT SUNDAY !!!
I understand Jimmy struggled and needs to play better but why are people treating a 14 point win on the road like a loss?

(Not necessarily talking about this form)
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 9, 2019 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I understand Jimmy struggled and needs to play bitter but why are people treating a 14 point win on the road like a loss

He needs to play angry?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I understand Jimmy struggled and needs to play bitter but why are people treating a 14 point win on the road like a loss

He needs to play angry?

He needs to play melancholy?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
first time i have had a chance to chime in. great win. winning a road game and being ready to play were the big things for me. the guys and coaches did well. i hate the dc still but i was very impressed by the defense even with alexander out. secondary stepped up and i hope proved to kyle and john. there is life after ward. yes the team made to many mistakes . and penalties but alls well that ends well and we still need to get better on tackling but little reason to complain. good team win. on the road. huge. i think lots of us still have the first win under jt in our minds. so there is no reason we should lay an egg next sunday. jimmys pick six did not bug me as much as the penalties. defense . aside from missed tackles on third and 17, was just fine. congrats to kyle and the players

Are you using expensive silverware / China with your supper, sir? How are you having it (roasted, fried, grilled, boiled, raw)?

#Crow
hey., i said yesterday i would not b***h no matter the score if we won and would be happy to be proven wrong in my concerns i had pre game. to answer your question.. i am eating it on paper plates today. it is easier to heat up in my new 35 dollar microwave i just got at wallmart

Damn that's a steal

Did we have the locker room speech post game? Can't find it anywhere but i've seen it released from other teams after week 1. Always love seeing those.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So that's a push with our WR lol
Share 49ersWebzone