LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
It's a stupid excuse. Jimmy's 5-0 run had the likes of Aldrick Robinson and Louis Murphy. Trent Taylor didn't look anywhere near as good until Jimmy came along. Jimmy was the reason Goodwin got an extension.

Kaep had Crabtree Boldin and VD to throw to at one point with gore coming out the backfield. Everyone wants to act like kaep had bums his entire career.

Kap did play with Bums majority of his career. KW, Marlon Moore, AJJ, Lamike James, Jon Baldwin, Vance. That list is from 2013 alone (10 starts into his career).

Boldin had a year left in him when we got him (was our WR1, goes to Lions and is like WR5). Vernon was in and out with injuries but still had a great year in 2013. We did eventually get Crab back (Kaps numbers reflect the moment Crab came back) but he was about 70%.

2014 was a collection of old ass WRs on their literal last legs, Crab complaining and dropping everything, and Vernon just playing uninspired and dropping everything. The state of the franchise reflected the play on the field in 2014.

Anytime Kap had a decent supporting cast (2012, and the tail end of 2013) he played really well.

Originally posted by Mankster:
Well...Vance was garbage. ...but... Moss was still tall and causing D's To pause. Ginn did indeed become better when he left. His first year with the Panthers saw him more then double his yardage and increase his YPC by 32.7%. I feel Delanie being "second fiddle" had a LOT to do with Kap not being able to get past his first read. He was fun to watch at first, but as the league got tape on him, he simply was not good enough. Humble opinion.

Ginn didn't get better. He got way more play time on the Panthers, but that does not equal better. I thought he came into his own in 15/16, but he still was never any good.

I agree that Moss still caused defenses to respect him, and our offense was great when he played with Kap.

Delanie played 10 games with Kap and you're blaming Kap that he was always 2nd fiddle to VD? Just lmao.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Jan 6, 2020 at 3:00 AM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Broheems and Sisteems, we won in Seattle. There is not greater feeling for me than beating the toots in the Clink.
Not only that, we deprived them of seeing their team play live for at least 9 months. That's amazing.
Watching the film, it felt like we dropped a 40 burger on them with how well the offense moved the ball, almost at will. I've never seen Seattle's defense get completely owned by our offense and especially our QB. Jimmy was darn near perfect in this game and played one of the top 3 games I've ever seen one of our QB's play, the other 2 are close in comparison and are other games by him.
Pretty much, there's no doubt he's the best QB we've had since Steve. We haven't seen a guy throw even with 500 yards of what he's done in 17 years....and that's with "bad" games and "underperforming" games according to some.
Look out for us in the playoffs. We're getting healthier, unlike the other teams in the playoffs, most likely and this offense is humming.

.be

will there be any preview videos for the Vikings?
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Amazing going from CK to Jimmy G. CK would struggle to read a defense, and its easy to see why Kyle didn't think he'd be a good fit for this offense. I remember when crabtree just left the niners and in an interview he said he hoped CK would keep his head in the books to study the playbook.

We went from Kap to Gabbert to Hoyer to Beathard to Jimmy G.
Jimmy > Kap > the rest by a mile.

I don't get comparing those teams to this one or CK to JG. To me, Jimmy's ability and accomplishments stand on their own. No need to prop him up with comparisons to the Tomsula and Kelly era.
Originally posted by thl408:

If this was called a run play to Mostert, it would have been a big gain.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Looks like 30 seen Jimmy drop back or else im sure he would have been more aggressive in stopping Mostert.

Looks like 30 seen Jimmy drop back or else im sure he would have been more aggressive in stopping Mostert.

looks like had Jimmy just thrown a better ball and sanders actually caught it, it might've been a td or bigger gain.

lmao. obviously considering they played the pass

Staley, with nobody to block would have pancakes 30.

Broheems and sisteems, what a great game to watch. Absolute dominance in all phases of the game. This team is showing it can beat anyone and everyone we might face going forward.
The packers? I do not fear them.

Thank you for the videos. They r very insightful. Great job!
Originally posted by ImAlwaysRight:
Thank you for the videos. They r very insightful. Great job!

You are welcome!
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Broheems and sisteems, what a great game to watch. Absolute dominance in all phases of the game. This team is showing it can beat anyone and everyone we might face going forward.
The packers? I do not fear them.

Absolutely loved the domination this video displayed of the game. It seemed that way on tv, but this video showed just exactly how bad it really was.
What is your analyst of Jimmy G interception?
Share 49ersWebzone