There are 326 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Great breakdowns, that was f**kin' dismal.

This makes me wonder how other teams will adjust to Kyle's predictable playcalling.

I hope we look like an all new team Saturday, or we might be in a bit of trouble.

We'll be ok - Shanny will adjust.

Yeah, not worries there either. It's not like Kyle is Chip Kelly and after 2 years has shown almost everything he has. He's been calling plays a along time and it's stuff that's been run for over 30 years and still works. He just has to be more varied in the situation.

Dan Quinn also showed how he knows Kyle very well.

i wish you replied on twitter

I usually do, your post made me go back and look, i didnt get any Twitter notification. Which one you referring to?

idk but I reply and usually respond to your tweets asking about stuff a lot haha. also I REALLY want you to get more recognition from Oscar on the BR podcast. I trust your film study more than I trust theirs at this point. but they seem.. stuck up or something idk
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Great breakdowns, that was f**kin' dismal.

This makes me wonder how other teams will adjust to Kyle's predictable playcalling.

I hope we look like an all new team Saturday, or we might be in a bit of trouble.

We'll be ok - Shanny will adjust.

Yeah, not worries there either. It's not like Kyle is Chip Kelly and after 2 years has shown almost everything he has. He's been calling plays a along time and it's stuff that's been run for over 30 years and still works. He just has to be more varied in the situation.

Dan Quinn also showed how he knows Kyle very well.

i wish you replied on twitter

I usually do, your post made me go back and look, i didnt get any Twitter notification. Which one you referring to?

idk but I reply and usually respond to your tweets asking about stuff a lot haha. also I REALLY want you to get more recognition from Oscar on the BR podcast. I trust your film study more than I trust theirs at this point. but they seem.. stuck up or something idk

Well, film guys tend to believe they're right most of the time and don't like feeling like they don't know enough. It can make them feel less authoritative in what they say and worry it will discredit them.

For me, I'm still trying to learn all I can so I know I dint get it right from time to time.

Also, that's weird, I have alerts on my phone anytime I'm responded to or tagged so IDK.
What's ur Twitter handle?
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Great job as always Jonnydel, a bit shocking just how poorly we executed on both sides of the ball

This

Oscar and David don't film study. They defer to PFF analytics to guide their talking point. JD and thl are legit film study guys. Big difference IMHO.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Oscar and David don't film study. They defer to PFF analytics to guide their talking point. JD and thl are legit film study guys. Big difference IMHO.

i think they do a little bit. David is all over PFF. but Oscar posts some cut ups. other than that, not sure how much he really does
So, the pre snap confusion we saw on the bracket coverage on Julio for the game winner was confirmed by Saleh as a, "miscommunication."
Originally posted by thl408:
I won't be showing much from this game because I've been spoiled with winning football this season so I don't like re-visiting losses, but I wanted to show this play because it's a good example of what ATL did to defend the 49ers passing game.
49ers are going to use playaction then look to hit the quick slant. ATL is in Cover3.
In Cover3 - defending a WR with a reduced split (Sanders) - the CB will want to play with outside leverage, then funnel the WR towards the inside where there is underneath help (4 underneath). The CB over Sanders is aligned with outside leverage.

Yeah, this was what I saw too, just didnt want to show 8 plays where ATL is running our receivers routes or jumping them all game. Kudos to Jimmy for not throwing a pick, ATL one our stuff so well.

Originally posted by thl408:
I won't be showing much from this game because I've been spoiled with winning football this season so I don't like re-visiting losses, but I wanted to show this play because it's a good example of what ATL did to defend the 49ers passing game.
49ers are going to use playaction then look to hit the quick slant. ATL is in Cover3.
In Cover3 - defending a WR with a reduced split (Sanders) - the CB will want to play with outside leverage, then funnel the WR towards the inside where there is underneath help (4 underneath). The CB over Sanders is aligned with outside leverage.

perhaps Kyle starts dialing up some wrinkles in his route variety tree? more whip routes or something that fake an inside slant but break to the outside? this is where we miss goodwin. (speedy clear outs as thl said)

or maybe more spot/bunched receiver concepts that can alleviate defenders doing this while at the same time still being able to get the ball out quick?

either way, it sucks because the offense is f**ked if the line continues to give pressure up the middle and we'll never be able to keep the defense honest with deep shots
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Dec 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM ]
So, the pre snap confusion we saw on the bracket coverage on Julio for the game winner was confirmed by Saleh as a, "miscommunication."

tHe offeNsE is tO bLamE

- Oscar

tHe offeNsE is tO bLamE

- Oscar

Oscar is right.
310 yards of offense won't win many games.
The last drive was not a good by the defense but the rest if the game was great. The offense had one good drive and was not good for the rest of the game. The playcalling and game plan were pretty bad.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
One of the problems with Goodwin is he isn't a great route runner and he is on the small side so it's easy to bump him off his route which screws up the timing on any deep throw. Jimmy has enough problems with deep throws so he doesn't need a small Goodwin thrown in to make it worse. He's only 5'9" and 180 lbs. I like guys a little taller or at least tougher that can battle for the ball since a lot of deep throws are often contested unless someone blows a coverage or falls down like the one to Sanders against NO.

"Jimmy has ENOUGH problems with deep throws"
Lol
Ok

The table below will show which passers have been the most accurate on passes that travel at least 20 yards down the field. Catchable Percentage looks at the percentage of passes that should be caught by the receiver based on where the pass is placed. Here are the season leaders in Catchable Percentage on deep balls so far during 2019 (minimum 15 attempts):

Quarterback Catchable %
Jacoby Brissett 74%
Jimmy Garoppolo 70%
Kirk Cousins 65%
Daniel Jones 63%
Matt Ryan 62%
Russell Wilson 62%
Deshaun Watson 62%
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Dec 20, 2019 at 6:15 PM ]

tHe offeNsE is tO bLamE

- Oscar

Yeah, he missed the whole giving up 145 yards and 2 TD's in the final 5+ minutes thing. But he's half right. Kyle admitted he should have opened it up some more but thought they could win it up 2 scores with 9 minutes to go (really, 5+). Typically, that's a W in this league...just not this time.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

tHe offeNsE is tO bLamE

- Oscar

Oscar is right.
The last drive was not a good by the defense but the rest if the game was great. The offense had one good drive and was not good for the rest of the game. The playcalling and game plan were pretty bad.

145 yards and 2 TD's given up in the final 5+ minutes

tHe offeNsE is tO bLamE

- Oscar

Oscar is right.

It is a 60 minute game and all points count the same.

I don't see Kyle having another game as bad as that one nor do I see the D leaking like that again to end a game u less they are just too thin on depth.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 21, 2019 at 8:18 AM ]

tHe offeNsE is tO bLamE

- Oscar

Oscar is right.

It is a 60 minute game and all points count the same.

I don't see Kyle having another game as bad as that one nor do I see the D leaking like that again to end a game u less they are just too thin on depth.

the defense had a hand in the loss especially at the end. that amount of yardage and points should not be given up like that in that time span. obviously injuries and less rotations on the D-line has taken its toll.

.be
The holidays had me running a couple days behind. Sorry, fellas. I'm already on to scouting out Seattle and hope to have a pre-game vid up tomorrow.
Share 49ersWebzone