There are 215 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
can you guys get video of all the drops?

Go on twitter. John Chapman has a loop of all 9.

9 drops - that's pretty ugly.

In case you have Twitter.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
can you guys get video of all the drops?

Go on twitter. John Chapman has a loop of all 9.

9 drops - that's pretty ugly.

In case you have Twitter.

Wow so difficult to watch. Sure hope they all come to play & catch the ball today
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Clowney and their D-line manhandled our O-line most of the game. Seattle rarely blitzed. They were dropping 7 in coverage almost all game. Nothing exotic, a lot of cover 3 and 2 zone with some man mixed in there. Nearly the entire 3rd, 4th and OT they were in cover 3 on first, cover 2 on 2nd and 3rd playing real soft. It made it real tough for anything. They were only giving up real short stuff. That's what lead to a couple of the ugly throws by JG, he was trying to look off zone defenders to one side, then come back and throw with the other but Seattle's defenders were playing good ball, they were reading our routes well.

any idea (after this ARI game) why our run offense has been nonexistent? does it really come down to Kittle? we have Juice back.

also do you think Bosa and the defense gets going pressure-wise like it had now that we're facing a more conventional QB?
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Clowney and their D-line manhandled our O-line most of the game. Seattle rarely blitzed. They were dropping 7 in coverage almost all game. Nothing exotic, a lot of cover 3 and 2 zone with some man mixed in there. Nearly the entire 3rd, 4th and OT they were in cover 3 on first, cover 2 on 2nd and 3rd playing real soft. It made it real tough for anything. They were only giving up real short stuff. That's what lead to a couple of the ugly throws by JG, he was trying to look off zone defenders to one side, then come back and throw with the other but Seattle's defenders were playing good ball, they were reading our routes well.

any idea (after this ARI game) why our run offense has been nonexistent? does it really come down to Kittle? we have Juice back.

also do you think Bosa and the defense gets going pressure-wise like it had now that we're facing a more conventional QB?

I am interested in this too. I think it really does mostly come down to Kittle. At least last week against Seattle, they were not really reacting at all to our motions and shifts. If Kittle is in the game, that alone should change. Just looks to me like teams are stacking the box to shut down the run and daring anyone not named Kittle to make a play. Thankfully, Deebo has stepped up.

Because I'm trying to get done with another video or two today I don't have time to do a full write-up. I'm working on those 2 videos plus an article for the main page, sorry guys. Only so much time in the day. But, on my next video I'll have an intro that will have a write-up type overall assessment at the beginning.

good job
Mcglinchey does absolutely nothing to stop the edge rusher on that first play. My goodness that was ugly

Thanks as always for these JD and THL
Because I'm trying to get done with another video or two today I don't have time to do a full write-up. I'm working on those 2 videos plus an article for the main page, sorry guys. Only so much time in the day. But, on my next video I'll have an intro that will have a write-up type overall assessment at the beginning.

can you post your vids on your twitter, as well?
Texas FTW....You know I'm here for that
My week is complete.

Awesome!

Wonder if Shanny sees a TD when he saw the d alignment on the Wilson play. I'm sure he must have
Originally posted by English:
I have just banned this individual for talking utter b******t. I like these threads, please carry on.

Thanks!

And thanks for these threads!
  • thl408
I've only watched all of Jimmy's dropbacks and ARI's coverage calls were very different in the two halves. First half was all about man coverage, second half was lots of zone coverage. I'm not sure why they started to play so much zone because I felt they were having success with man coverage.

Eventually, I'd like to dig into why the 49er run game was ineffective.
jonnydel, thank you so much for doing this every week. This may be my favorite video yet...
Originally posted by thl408:
I've only watched all of Jimmy's dropbacks and ARI's coverage calls were very different in the two halves. First half was all about man coverage, second half was lots of zone coverage. I'm not sure why they started to play so much zone because I felt they were having success with man coverage.

Eventually, I'd like to dig into why the 49er run game was ineffective.

I think it lies with out LG, C, and RG and other teams looking to stop the run with a stacked box Hope you get to that. Appreciate it in advance.
Share 49ersWebzone