There are 206 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by fryet:
I assumed he knew it was an inside throw because an out route would not have matched the routes the other players were running. When the first player broke inside, Sherman knew his player route would break inside too (is it called a level concept? two in routes at different depths). You could argue that is the drawback of these standard zone busting routes. Look for teams to test Sherman in the future by having his guy run a route that doesn't help the rest of the routes being run.

I don't think it was Levels. I think they were running Mills, which is a known Quarters buster. The WR Sherman was covering broke to the Post, so he was going deep. But Sherman knew, I guess from watching the backfield, that Mayfield would not be able to get enough muscle on the throw, wasn't scared of getting beat deep, and broke underneath the WR instead of running vertical with the WR. One thing Sherman is really good at is watching the backfield/QB while also watching the WR using peripheral vision.

I slowed down the gif when Mayfield releases the ball. Sherman is already breaking underneath the route before there is any way to possibly judge from the flight of the ball that it is underthrown. It's like a 6th sense.

Makes sense. Baker was killed during this game. Sherman sees dead people.
Sherman is a loudmouth and he still irritates me even though he is now on our side. That being said, he's an incredibly bright Stanford guy whose been around the block quite a few times. I'd be willing to bet he recognizes most plays pre-snap or at least right after the snap. Knowing QB mechanics doesn't hurt either.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
oh for god's sake, he knows more than you do. just watch it your self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjdfCOm4yVo&feature=player_embedded

first question. he answers it.

Dude he said exactly what i was saying. He was not banking on a bad throw. He knew what the route was, he jumped it, and baker almost beat him by putting air under it.

that's why I said he READ IT in my original post. and then you're all like "I don't buy it". lol. and i was paraphrasing.

also baker didnt almost beat him. he said baker took an extra hitch, was late to get it out, and tried to put extra air under it to make up for it coming out late.

glad you watched and understand now.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM ]
oh for god's sake, he knows more than you do. just watch it your self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjdfCOm4yVo&feature=player_embedded

first question. he answers it.

Dude he said exactly what i was saying. He was not banking on a bad throw. He knew what the route was, he jumped it, and baker almost beat him by putting air under it.

He even said, if they ran the play on time it would have been an easier interception.

then why are you saying "I don't buy it" questioning Sherman?
Ok, guys, only 12 more minutes til my next video is up
did you guys not watch Sherman's press conference? he said something along the lines of he read the route, saw the pressure getting to mayfield and knew or saw him throwing off of his back foot. so he wouldnt have been able to get enough air under it

Because in that quote it reads as sherman was counting on a bad throw. Not him knowing the throw was going to be placed a certain way.

In the press conference, he says(paraphrasing) i knew what was coming, they messed up, almost beat me, but didnt get it high enough, they paid the price.
did you guys not watch Sherman's press conference? he said something along the lines of he read the route, saw the pressure getting to mayfield and knew or saw him throwing off of his back foot. so he wouldnt have been able to get enough air under it

Because in that quote it reads as sherman was counting on a bad throw. Not him knowing the throw was going to be placed a certain way.

In the press conference, he says(paraphrasing) i knew what was coming, they messed up, almost beat me, but didnt get it high enough, they paid the price.

it was part of the quote, part of the paraphrasing. either way thanks for clarifying. im pretty sure sherman wouldnt have cut the route though if they didnt mess up.

that's where having the best D-line in the NFL pays off
Originally posted by jonnydel:

I'm posting the 2nd video I did yesterday first because I have finally fixed the audio on the Breida play and am uploading it to YT now.

Ok, had another boo boo, it's re-uploading. Be another 10 min.....
Thanks for all of the great insight--I have a serious question for the best of you. How do they weather the storm? What has gotten them to this point is the running game, how do they now overcome the loss of two more significant pieces to the run blocking success. What do they do, I need to know because I'm stressing out and I don't know if I can handle it!

Johnny. Post a link to your YouTube channel. If you have already, I've missed it. Thanks.
  • thl408
Originally posted by pickle:
Thanks for all of the great insight--I have a serious question for the best of you. How do they weather the storm? What has gotten them to this point is the running game, how do they now overcome the loss of two more significant pieces to the run blocking success. What do they do, I need to know because I'm stressing out and I don't know if I can handle it!

Missing both OTs and the FB, we can't be surprised if the running game takes a big dip. If the running game is still going then great, but if not, then I think falling back on the short passing game should be considered. That's Breida, Coleman, Kittle. That, and relying on the defense should keep them competitive. The worst thing to do imo is to let it fly and have Jimmy drop back trying to get the WRs involved with two inexperienced OTs.
.be
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Johnny. Post a link to your YouTube channel. If you have already, I've missed it. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt1LfHRE5eGiacPVtiaC10w?view_as=subscriber
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt1LfHRE5eGiacPVtiaC10w?view_as=subscriber

Thanks
Share 49ersWebzone