LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
I hope in dime they put Moore at Free Safety and put Ward on Kelce.

Yea that's a no from me dawg. Ward gets his lunch money taken trying to defend big bodied physical receivers.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

This looks to me like this type of dominant run game takes more time to coordinate than the passing game. Seems like 2 years in the making.

This guy keeps coming along and setting too high of a standard for ametuer stuff.....LOL
Sounds like he put a video game on pause for background music
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Yea that's a no from me dawg. Ward gets his lunch money taken trying to defend big bodied physical receivers.

Have you watched any games this season? Go back and watch the week 12 packer game and the 1st Rams game and the Vikings playoff game. Sure Graham and Everett and Rudolph aren't Kelce but who else has done better against TEs on our defense? Can you give any examples this season of his "lunch money being taken?"
[ Edited by flynhayn15 on Jan 26, 2020 at 1:53 PM ]

Have you watched any games this season? Go back and watch the week 12 packer game and the 1st Rams game and the Vikings playoff game. Sure Graham and Everett and Rudolph aren't Kelce but who else has done better against TEs on our defense? Can you give any examples this season of his "lunch money being taken?"
Ok bro. No need to be an a*****e.

Julio Jones and the game winning td
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Jan 26, 2020 at 3:37 PM ]

This looks to me like this type of dominant run game takes more time to coordinate than the passing game. Seems like 2 years in the making.

This guy keeps coming along and setting too high of a standard for ametuer stuff.....LOL

"One team the epitome of the modern offense...the other team sprinting into the past..." Uh, what? This guy doesn't hold a candle to our JD.

Ok bro. No need to be an a*****e.

Julio Jones and the game winning td

Ward Wasn't covering Jones on that play, he was cleaning up Harris' mess.

I didn't mean to be an A Hole but the Brandon Marshall game was a very long time ago, his coverage of big Recievers is vastly different in 2019 than it was in 2013.
  • fryet
  • Veteran

I was thinking that his was the best video I have seen outside of your work. But you are still number 1. Also, I don't see that you posted your new video here, but there is another JonnyDel video on Youtube - SB preview.
Great work johnny
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rathman4481:
So I notice we motion a lot to see if it's man coverage or not. What happens if we motion and the defense doesn't show that it's man. How does that affect what we do in the run and pass game?

That's an answer that can only be found in the 49ers meeting rooms, 😄.
But LA tried this with us, they'd travel like it was man and then play zone

I think the RB could just cut it up and go vertical in a zone run, if the defense falls back into zone. If it's a pass play, either the flats could be open or he just takes what the defense gives and dump it off to the RB.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ProfessorKel:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Jonny,
Could Saleh employ a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6 against the Chiefs?
and/or
Tavarious Moore as a spy on Mahomes and/on man coverage on T. Hill?

We did throw T. Moore in, in a "big" Dime for a couple plays against GB. I could see us utilizing that a lot in the SB, for real. T. Moore can match anyone, even T. Hill, in speed and also has put on size to be an interchangeable safety. The personnel one those plays were: Bosa, Buck, AA, Ford, Warner, Moore, K'Waun, Tartt, Ward, Moseley and Sherm.

With how piss poor KC is at running it and how our D-line matches their O-line I can see us stopping the run and getting pressure with our front 4 and letting the speed roam and frustrate their passing offense.

moore is that fast? wut

Moore has 4.3 speed, yo.

WAT

Yeah, he ran like a 4.33 or something at the combine and he's about as tall as sherm

During E-Man's interception and the defense rushed down to the endzone and did the whole "group photo" pose, Moore was in.

I was wondering why I saw #33, but now that you're mentioning he was in on dime-packages, that makes sense! Let's go!!!!! The Chiefs are not ready for our detail, chemistry, and relentlessness.

They whole defense went to celebrate on that EMann INT (Spoon got in the picture too, he was not on the field for the INT). Moore had a total of 1 defensive snap in the GB game (according to pro football reference), and that wasn't the play.

Maybe Saleh has a few packages where Moore is in, but I'm hesitant to put an inexperienced guy in any type of semi-significant role, on the biggest stage, vs a high skill receiving corp. If he is in the SB, my guess is Ward comes down to play CB and Moore is in at safety. No way should Saleh put a guy that was a college safety, one year as CB, then back to safety, back to CB for the Super Bowl.

I'm not a fan of him coming in a completely different position or role, but since he's played one of our safeties and our safeties are pretty interchangeable, we play with safeties in deep 1/3, hook/curl and curl/flat zones a lot in our D. I could see them subbing him in for a big DIME in one of those zones. He's got game experience and with our matching zone I like him in a hook/curl matching T. Hill on those deep over routes a lot more than K'Waun Williams or Greenlaw. Wouldn't be anything new for him, really.

No, sherm/warner. All our faster guys have to match up on their wideouts.

• thl408
I merged all the film threads together, if you're bored and want to relive the good part of the 2019 season. (links to each game in OP)
I merged all the film threads together, if you're bored and want to relive the good part of the 2019 season. (links to each game in OP)

Awesome!

It's missing the last game.

Hmm, can i ask. The odds of another forum? An archive type, basically a forum for the film threads to go into.

The threads can be locked with 1 open for questions.
  • thl408
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Hmm, can i ask. The odds of another forum? An archive type, basically a forum for the film threads to go into.

The threads can be locked with 1 open for questions.

There are links to the past season's film threads in the OP of this thread. The gifs are old and I'm not sure they will load properly.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182144-all22-analysis-coverages-amp-concepts/search=concepts

The Coverages and Concepts thread itself needs a major rework/update.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Awesome!

It's missing the last game.

"if you're bored and want to relive the good part of the 2019 season."
Share 49ersWebzone