LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Katie Sowers Offensive Assistant

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by socalniner:
A lot of dudes work their ass off, start from the bottom and work their way up the ladder. If she did it that way and earned her stripes, I'm cool with. If got a fast pass to where she is, I have a problem with that.

Why would you or anyone assume that a female gets a fast pass...in the NFL of all places?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
A lot of dudes work their ass off, start from the bottom and work their way up the ladder. If she did it that way and earned her stripes, I'm cool with. If got a fast pass to where she is, I have a problem with that.

Why would you or anyone assume that a female gets a fast pass...in the NFL of all places?

Indeed. What would make someone say that. On THIS staff. Kyle Shanahan has as high of a football IQ as we've ever had and he's gonna just hire someone for the sake of diversity of whatever? Also why would the thought be put out there about her getting a fast pass? You want to see a fast pass, see Jim Tomsula or Jeff Judge.
This is a very ignorant comment.
She really is at the bottom bro.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
From wiki:

As a player
While completing her studies at Goshen, Sowers began her American football career playing for the West Michigan Mayhem and the Kansas City Titans in the Women's Football Alliance.[5] While with the Titans, Sowers was a member of the United States women's national American football team that won the 2013 IFAF Women's World Championship.[6][7] Sowers continued to play in the WFA until her 2016 retirement due to a hip injury.[8]

As a coach
Sowers joined the National Football League as a wide receiver's intern with the Atlanta Falcons in summer 2016. After her summer position ended, Sowers remained with the Falcons as an intern scout until she moved to the San Francisco 49ers in June 2017 when she was hired due to the 'Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship' program to get more minorities into NFL coaching positions.[9] With the 49ers, Sowers resumed working as a seasonal offensive assistant until her promotion to offensive assistant in 2019.[4] In her first season as the 49ers coach, the 49ers won the NFC Championship sending the 49ers to Super Bowl LIV, allowing her to become the first female and first openly gay coach to coach in a Super Bowl.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Sowers

She's earned the opportunity to be where she is. She's got the on-field experience where she was a WINNER, and now the growth in the coaching realm. She knows the game well, and she can teach the game well. Who the heck wouldn't want that kind of person on their staff?

I believe the quality control position is where they cut up the film of various teams the next week. Or something like that. I read somewhere that as a QC coach, John Gruden got yelled at by George Siefert for sharpening his pencils. He never did that again!

As for Katie, I think a big part of Kyle's ability to predict tendencies and blow up defenses, is Katie's work as well as the other QC coaches. If a coach knows what a defense will do in certain situations, that's a big advantage. Look at all the cheating the patriots do to steal signals so that they know what a team will do in certain situations. Katie, Kyle, and Walsh did it the hard way - with creative playcalling and innovation. I think once you have developed the skill to pick out tendencies, you don't need to cheat anymore (unlike the Patriots). Interesting that after Film-Gate II, the Patriot's offense basically disappeared.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

#1 I witnessed females getting a fast pass in the military.

#2 Katie is the real deal and I believe in her.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-name-female-chief-staff-coach-stefanski-190251405--nfl.html

What a copycat league
Originally posted by Crown:

#1 I witnessed females getting a fast pass in the military.

#2 Katie is the real deal and I believe in her.

I witnessed males getting a fast pass in the military.
So losing in a SuperBowl and never being in one is diversity?

Is it just me, or everytime I see her commercial and hear her yell "Let's run it again, let's run it again" aggravates me? If only Kyle....ugh, You know where I'm going with this.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

Is it just me, or everytime I see her commercial and hear her yell "Let's run it again, let's run it again" aggravates me? If only Kyle....ugh, You know where I'm going with this.

I feel the same

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Katie is a sweetie pie.
Her diversity was supposed to help us win. WAT DA FOOK
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

actually the only thing i wonder about in those commercials if the players are actually really niners or just actors
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

it was over shadowed by kyles play calling and jimmys less than stellar fourth quarter
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

NFL doesn't care about diversity. You need a cool story in order for them to pull out the stops.

Aka Ray Lewis retirement party.
Andy Reid needs a SB ring and Paddy Mahomes is the NFL poster child.

Next time we get in there it better we better pull out the PR campaign. Jimmy needs to use that handsomeness for good use and run his mouth some more. Richard Sherman also needs to chill on bashing the NFL so they stop trying to screw him.

tin foil hat on baby!
Share 49ersWebzone