LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Just curious why they haven't IR Jimmy G. Could use some Dl depth, cb, special teams.

I assume it is just insurance in case Purdy is injured and can't go during the playoffs. We would probably have a 70% healthy JG at that point, but I guess that is better than the alternative.
This D-Line...
Now if we somehow get Drake Jackson goind and maybe add an VET DE to a 1 year prove it deal...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
My thoughts on the 49ers Re-Signing DT Kevin Givens. A very solid move, and it could mean the end of Javon Kinlaw in SF?

VERY happy we resigned him!
Yaaaas
Originally posted by Shifty:
My thoughts on the 49ers Re-Signing DT Kevin Givens. A very solid move, and it could mean the end of Javon Kinlaw in SF?

I believe Kinlaw may very well have money that is guaranteed for this year only so he may have to stick and give us say 20 snaps a game or so and be used as depth because we won't save the $4.5M or so cutting him
Givens had a good game last week, but since he's a UDFA and not a first-round bust, nobody cares. Textbook technique sniffing out the trap and defeating the kicker.

Givens is a menace against reach blocks with his get off and ability to stay skinny in the gap. It's the barrage of double teams that he struggles against. He wears down pretty fast when he's forced to start and defend that.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Givens had a good game last week, but since he's a UDFA and not a first-round bust, nobody cares. Textbook technique sniffing out the trap and defeating the kicker.

Givens is a menace against reach blocks with his get off and ability to stay skinny in the gap. It's the barrage of double teams that he struggles against. He wears down pretty fast when he's forced to start and defend that.

Good stuff. When I think "run stuffer" I think of being an immoveable object, taking on two blockers, etc. But Givens' ability to be quick over powerful gets the job done in some instances. Makes for more of a 3t role, not the 2i, which is where he was in those two videos.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Starting to feel better that we're not taking DL with our first rounder.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Liking this. DL depth looking better.

Good timing with some good news coming right after the Kendricks backpedal.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Mar 13, 2024 at 5:12 PM ]
Thrilling.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yaaaas

Yaaaas again
Share 49ersWebzone