LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Baby AD!!
Originally posted by golfish:
The kid had a good game.

Yes sir! He has a really fast 1st step for an interior lineman. With some reps with the 1st team l he should take his game to the next level. So far not a bad debut for the rookie.
This kid needs to see the field more than ever on this game. His quick first step is the key to disrupting their run game by countering Bradbury's quickness off the LOS.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
This kid needs to see the field more than ever on this game. His quick first step is the key to disrupting their run game by countering Bradbury's quickness off the LOS.

Honestly I think our DL/LBers and the wide 9 scheme matchup very well vs their offense and run game.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Honestly I think our DL/LBers and the wide 9 scheme matchup very well vs their offense and run game.

You might be right, but I still want Givens to play more. He's fun to watch.

I do like him, not sure he's active this week though.

Edit: Probably right, with Mitchell being brought in.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 10, 2020 at 6:28 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Agreed.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed.

Street is banged up isn't he? I'd sit him and play Givens. I thought Givens had some nice snaps but just didn't get the tackle. Kid moves quick inside, would be nice to get him some pressure forcing Cousins into some turnovers.

Street hasn't played that great so IMO we sit him and let Givens try and make some splash plays...but we'll see what happens soon enough.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed.

Street is banged up isn't he? I'd sit him and play Givens. I thought Givens had some nice snaps but just didn't get the tackle. Kid moves quick inside, would be nice to get him some pressure forcing Cousins into some turnovers.

Street hasn't played that great so IMO we sit him and let Givens try and make some splash plays...but we'll see what happens soon enough.

Givens is just flat out better than Street tbh

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Way way too soon to know what bro, they have both barely played. Stop with these dramatic statements like they are facts lol.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Way way too soon to know what bro, they have both barely played. Stop with these dramatic statements like they are facts lol.

This. Let's give it time before we make that judgement.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

This. Let's give it time before we make that judgement.

I can't say I believe that he's better at this moment? lol how is that dramatic?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Street played 38 snaps whilst KG played 10, way too small of a sample size atm IMO.
Yeah I'm not sure I'm ready to say Givens is flat out better than Street but in the limited snaps he got he stood out more to me than Street did in his snaps.
Share 49ersWebzone