Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
I looked up EMan's draft measurables.
Height 5111, 190 lbs, 31.5" arms - median size
21 bench, 4.42s 40 yard, 6.83s 3-cone, 4.03s SS, 38.5" VJ, 125" BJ - all measurable (expect broad jump) is top-25%.
He was the 3rd most athletic CB in the 2018 draft, with a z-score of 1.7 (better than 95.4% of CBs).

Yet he ended up undrafted, as a 3-year starter from a P5 school.

Simply slipped through the cracks. Sometimes hard to understand, but it happens. Moseley probably didn't get a ton of attention at least in part due to 1) his size (everyone loves bigger corners these days), and 2) he didn't have a lot of interceptions (2 in his career at Tennessee).

Probably got lost in the shuffle due to FSU being such a dumpster fire the last few years.

He played at Tennessee.

oopsy, it was the Tennessee dumpster fire
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think that is just a side effect of good coaching. The difference between Halfley and Zgonina versus Woods and Kocurek has been like night and day.

Some dudes just know how to get the best out of players. They've influenced changes to the defensive scheme that I think better align with the strengths of defensive personnel.

Shanahan gets a ton of props for being quick to move from ineffective coaches and not being blinded by personal loyalty.

Agree 100%. These coaching changes have been huge for us. It's really hope inspiring to see Shanny/Lynch be aggressive in improving our staff.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
I love this kid. He is fast, athletic, disciplined and most importantly plays very clean and straight to the ball. When he batted down that pass in the end zone, it was so clean, he didn't even touch the Browns player. In some ways, it is unlike a lot of DBs who are very handsy and when the refs throw flags on them they do their typical DB Shakespearean acting. I think he understands the importance of not getting penalties. Let's hope he can keep it up. I will be keeping an eye on him.

Great post. I had the same thoughts going through my head as I was watching replays of him covering OBJ. He plays very clean, has excellent awareness, and turns his hips really well.

One other thing I noticed is that he looks lengthy. Now I haven't seen what his measurables are, but from what I've see on TV, it looks like he has a long body type with long arms. I will keep an eye on him as well. The kid looks really good so far.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Make no mistake, Moseley played well. I really like this kid. Definitely want to keep him around awhile.

Good thing is he's not a RFA until 2022, and a UFA until 2023.
Another solid game.
E Man
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This dude just as good as wisherspoon with that pass rush if not better.
Eric Crocker was right about this guy. He'd been talking him up for a while
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He isn't going through any slump because he didn't get to play last year much...no way he has a junior slump. He's good to go!
Originally posted by susweel:

This could be true. Kid is feisty as hell and hits and tackles like a big boy out there. If he keeps this up through Ahkellos injury, could be hard to pull him

Didn't mostly have a few pass break ups today? He's been playing pretty well. I liked the tackle he made on cooper Kupp early in the game.
How the f**k do we keep hitting on these undrafted guys?
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Eric Crocker was right about this guy. He'd been talking him up for a while

Since the pre-season last year, Moseley struck me as a really promising player who could be legit. He showed again this pre-season that wasn't a fluke. Had bad luck getting hurt on an STs play last year when he got elevated, but he's been lights out through two games.

I know some people would be hasty and say "just cut K'Waun Williams and start Moseley at slot corner next year," but why would you do that unless 1) Williams was underperforming, AND 2) the cost savings would be significant. Neither of those would be the case. You make perennial championship runs by keeping as much of the top notch players you can. We need that depth. Sherman isn't getting any younger, and if we're just patient, we can continue to maintain a top-notch starting CB trio without jettisoning other pieces just because we have several good players in the group now.
Originally posted by susweel:

That really make me think that Verrett is done done in the NFL, regardless of whether he can stay healthy or not.
Originally posted by littleken:
That really make me think that Verrett is done done in the NFL, regardless of whether he can stay healthy or not.

He's done with the 49ers. Some other team might take a shot though.
Share 49ersWebzone