LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
I looked up EMan's draft measurables.
Height 5111, 190 lbs, 31.5" arms - median size
21 bench, 4.42s 40 yard, 6.83s 3-cone, 4.03s SS, 38.5" VJ, 125" BJ - all measurable (expect broad jump) is top-25%.
He was the 3rd most athletic CB in the 2018 draft, with a z-score of 1.7 (better than 95.4% of CBs).

Yet he ended up undrafted, as a 3-year starter from a P5 school.

Simply slipped through the cracks. Sometimes hard to understand, but it happens. Moseley probably didn't get a ton of attention at least in part due to 1) his size (everyone loves bigger corners these days), and 2) he didn't have a lot of interceptions (2 in his career at Tennessee).
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Love this kid. He looked like a future star out there covering one of the best WR in the game. Really excited to see what he can do.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Heroism:
This is such a great play, especially in the redzone where everything happens faster. Tremendous display of discipline and understanding of scheme. Dude is a player.

He said he knew the route before the play started. Uncle Sherm?

My guess would be it's a play Cleveland probably likes to run in the red zone a lot and they saw it on tape.

Bigger test this week b/c McVay will do a better job at scheming than the Browns trash coaches.

Baker's eyes and shoulders are also pointing right to the seam route, he gave it away. Either way it's a great play by the CB. Ward was slow to react, would not have gotten there.

lol I think sherman just told everyone to say "They knew the route before the play started" just to get in the other teams heads lol...
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Heroism:
This is such a great play, especially in the redzone where everything happens faster. Tremendous display of discipline and understanding of scheme. Dude is a player.

He said he knew the route before the play started. Uncle Sherm?

My guess would be it's a play Cleveland probably likes to run in the red zone a lot and they saw it on tape.

Bigger test this week b/c McVay will do a better job at scheming than the Browns trash coaches.

Baker's eyes and shoulders are also pointing right to the seam route, he gave it away. Either way it's a great play by the CB. Ward was slow to react, would not have gotten there.

lol I think sherman just told everyone to say "They knew the route before the play started" just to get in the other teams heads lol...

Lol right. Would be a very Sherman thing to do.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Liked what he did

Great play in end zone

Hope he keeps ballin out
He's a player for sure!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
21 bench, 4.42s 40 yard, 6.83s 3-cone, 4.03s SS, 38.5" VJ, 125" BJ - all measurable (expect broad jump) is top-25%.
He was the 3rd most athletic CB in the 2018 draft, with a z-score of 1.7 (better than 95.4% of CBs).

Simply slipped through the cracks. Sometimes hard to understand, but it happens. Moseley probably didn't get a ton of attention at least in part due to 1) his size (everyone loves bigger corners these days), and 2) he didn't have a lot of interceptions (2 in his career at Tennessee).

Probably got lost in the shuffle due to FSU being such a dumpster fire the last few years.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HECK, there's just some players who blossomed in the NFL. .. let's all hope he's one of them !!
Originally posted by obx49:
Love this kid. He looked like a future star out there covering one of the best WR in the game. Really excited to see what he can do.

I think that is just a side effect of good coaching. The difference between Halfley and Zgonina versus Woods and Kocurek has been like night and day.

Some dudes just know how to get the best out of players. They've influenced changes to the defensive scheme that I think better align with the strengths of defensive personnel.

Shanahan gets a ton of props for being quick to move from ineffective coaches and not being blinded by personal loyalty.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think that is just a side effect of good coaching. The difference between Halfley and Zgonina versus Woods and Kocurek has been like night and day.

Some dudes just know how to get the best out of players. They've influenced changes to the defensive scheme that I think better align with the strengths of defensive personnel.

Shanahan gets a ton of props for being quick to move from ineffective coaches and not being blinded by personal loyalty.

Totally agree. You can see the discipline and toughness Shanny and Saleh has instilled in these players which has translated to a very formidable defense. I don't want to sound like a homer and say we're going to win the SB, but if we can cut out all the turnovers, be consistent offensively and get our passing game going... Damn!!!

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

Probably got lost in the shuffle due to FSU being such a dumpster fire the last few years.

He played at Tennessee.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I love this kid. He is fast, athletic, disciplined and most importantly plays very clean and straight to the ball. When he batted down that pass in the end zone, it was so clean, he didn't even touch the Browns player. In some ways, it is unlike a lot of DBs who are very handsy and when the refs throw flags on them they do their typical DB Shakespearean acting. I think he understands the importance of not getting penalties. Let's hope he can keep it up. I will be keeping an eye on him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Exactly. The days are marked...one by one coaches / assistants gonna get plucked from the staff #ShannyTree
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

ARE you pertaining to Aweak ArmHurts alone?? or the whole DL??
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

He played at Tennessee.

I was confused where the FSU line was coming from as well, considering I even said Tennessee in my post, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone