LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Mr711
Originally posted by FacePalm:
Good. Dude has been our most reliable corner. Im guessing JV walks and we draft a corner early.

No way. Our most reliable corner has been Williams. Hands down. E-man goes MIA too many times. Especially last season.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If they can re-sign Verrett and draft one of the top CB's, but can't keep K'Waun, Moseley could become the starting slot CB.

Yup. Quality signing. But that seems to be the floor for Verrett and K'Waun now. I'd love to have both back.

I don't think the league knows just how good Verrett and KWaun were. We should be able to bring them back at minimal cost to us, hopefully.

Now that we've locked up Moseley I'm only expecting one of Verrett or Williams to be kept. I'll be ok as long as we keep one of them, IMO. Regardless we should be looking CB with one of our first three picks. And adding a mid level vet in FA. We'll be fine
Originally posted by 91til:
Now that we've locked up Moseley I'm only expecting one of Verrett or Williams to be kept. I'll be ok as long as we keep one of them, IMO. Regardless we should be looking CB with one of our first three picks. And adding a mid level vet in FA. We'll be fine

I concur. Casey Hayward or Malcolm Butler or AJ Bouye would be great imo if the price is reasonable
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Originally posted by FacePalm:
Good. Dude has been our most reliable corner. Im guessing JV walks and we draft a corner early.

No way. Our most reliable corner has been Williams. Hands down. E-man goes MIA too many times. Especially last season.

I would say Sherman. But ya KW has been that guy as well. Eman did have some poor games, especially against Hopkins.
Has there been a break down on his 2 year 10.1 million dollar deal? I personally would have offered him the 2nd round tender, and if some other team offered him more than the 3.5 million, I would have let him go, and got a 2nd round pick for him. I doubt a team would have been willing to lose a 2nd round pick for EMAN, so most likely he would be on our team this year for 3.5 million, and give us a chance to see what he can do.
Can't complain.
The deal is looking incredibly good.

Total value: $9.384 million ($8.784 million guaranteed)

Base salary in 2021: $920,000
Base salary in 2022: $4.4 million
Signing bonus: $3.464 million ($1.732 million in each season)
Bonuses: $500,000 roster bonus and $100,000 workout bonus in 2022

Moseley will have the following salary-cap hits.

2021: $2.652 million
2022: $6.732 million
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/148429-49ers-place-emmanuel-moseley-reserve-covid-19-list/

Emmanuel Moseley can ill-afford this. It's bad enough that there were two very promising rookies drafted at his position. The last thing he needs is the coaching staff getting any looks at Ambry Thomas getting snaps against the 1's. If he looks anywhere close to as advertised against the likes of Deebo, Aiyuk, & Co. that's very bad news for Moseley, in particular since it means giving the teams 3rd round selection at said position a head start by starting camp in the COVID protocol. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means he cannot report to camp for 5 - 13 days.)

If Emmanuel Moseley is to hold onto his penciled-in starter position he cannot allow Shanny & Co. get use to seeing Ambry Thomas taking good, positive snaps against starters. Moseley isn't a solidified starter by no stretch of the imagination. In a "game of inches" such as NFL football for a battle position that 5 -13 days could mean the difference between being cut and being a starter.

This is not good for him.
Not sure how you dont take every precaution possible to ensure that you are healthy for camp on day one. Does he not understand that he could infect others on the team as well. Idiot.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/148429-49ers-place-emmanuel-moseley-reserve-covid-19-list/

Emmanuel Moseley can ill-afford this. It's bad enough that there were two very promising rookies drafted at his position. The last thing he needs is the coaching staff getting any looks at Ambry Thomas getting snaps against the 1's. If he looks anywhere close to as advertised against the likes of Deebo, Aiyuk, & Co. that's very bad news for Moseley, in particular since it means giving the teams 3rd round selection at said position a head start by starting camp in the COVID protocol. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means he cannot report to camp for 5 - 13 days.)

If Emmanuel Moseley is to hold onto his penciled-in starter position he cannot allow Shanny & Co. get use to seeing Ambry Thomas taking good, positive snaps against starters. Moseley isn't a solidified starter by no stretch of the imagination. In a "game of inches" such as NFL football for a battle position that 5 -13 days could mean the difference between being cut and being a starter.

This is not good for him.

Lets hope the rookies take his spot in the starting line up. That would be great!

Originally posted by TD49ers:
Lets hope the rookies take his spot in the starting line up. That would be great!

Highly unlikely
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Highly unlikely

Never know. He is not staple at corner. Shanny did not draft two CBs to have no competition at CB and now EM is out..........cannot play if your not available. I am sure Shanny is tired of players being unavailable especially when it could have been prevented.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Jul 27, 2021 at 4:34 PM ]

Highly unlikely

Never know. He is not staple at corner. Shanny did not draft two CBs to have no competition at CB and now EM is out..........cannot play if your not available. I am sure Shanny is tired of players being unavailable especially when it could have been prevented.

I'm not saying it's impossible just highly unlikely just based on Ambry hasn't played in a long time has his own health issues that could affect his availability. Or Demo whos a lackluster athlete and if we are going to be playing more man with D Ryan it's very risky having a rookie CB that lacks make up speed.

Highly unlikely

How? We just drafted two at a battle position, one relatively early in the 3rd round no less, for a position with only a penciled-in "starter" by default. How on earth is it "highly unlikely" one of the rookies could take his penciled-in spot?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Highly unlikely

How? We just drafted two at a battle position, one relatively early in the 3rd round no less, for a position with only a penciled-in "starter" by default. How on earth is it "highly unlikely" one of the rookies could take his penciled-in spot?

Read above
Share 49ersWebzone