There are 186 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He got burned on a couple of plays, but he's still a lot better than Witherspoon.

eh not really

He didn't really get burned much. I mean yeah you are able to complete a pass on him. But you can do that against every corner in league history. Deion, Revis or Richard Sherman even. You can complete a pass once in a while.

He gave you a key interception in the NFC Championship game. Witherspoon would never do that. He would trip over his own ankles and give up 2 TD's. The difference is just night and day. It's not even close.

Witherspoon doesn't lose his footing and doesn't give up the TD to Diggs and he's still a starter. We can't say Witherspoon wouldn't have made a play or would have.

I know it's niner talk but let's not tear down one guy to elevate E-Man. E-man did great, Witherspoon is a veteran backup now. Let's gooooo!!!

That's hardly a given considering he got beat off the LOS on a slant and flagged for PI on that drive as well.
Things were certainly trending in the wrong direction long before Witherspoon gave up that TD to Diggs. One play didn't cost him his job.
Witherspoon scares the s**t out of me. Eman doesn't. I feel safer with 41 starting. Witherspoon seems more worried about his appearance with his head band around his neck than actually getting pass break up. I will never attack a player outside the lines of the field but inside those lines they are fair game. Price you pay to get that 35k weekly check. Anyway, great Job Eman and keep getting st tackles Spoon. I'm sure you can always win us back.
[ Edited by Force_Choke on Jan 23, 2020 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Force_Choke:
Witherspoon scares the s**t out of me. Eman doesn't. I feel safer with 41 starting. Witherspoon seems more worried about his appearance with his head band around his neck than actually getting pass break up. I will never attack a player outside the lines of the field but inside those lines they are fair game. Price you pay to get that 35k weekly check. Anyway, great Job Eman and keep getting st tackles Spoon. I'm sure you can always win us back.

We have players like AA and Mostert who have shown they can turn it around. Witherspoon just needs to relax when the ball comes his way. I recall he was better at this before. He needs to regain his swag.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 23, 2020 at 11:58 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
Originally posted by 9moon:
MAKE THIS EZ once again...

The eMACHINE and the secondary should ROLL the coverage on T-Hill.... while Sherman locks DOWN the other WR...

1) Sherm rarely travels.

2) Who is the "other" WR? Watkins? Hardman? KC has several dangerous receivers.

3) Also, Kelce and Williams... nothing EZ about it.

no NEED to worry about Watkins.. from what I remember, 80% of the fanatix here did not want him before he got traded to the Rams... then did not want to sign him when he became a free agent..

so, why worry about the guy??

Kelce will get his, and I would rather give him the underneath anytime of the day..

But you see, Reid and Mahomes will be IMPATIENT once this is a low scoring game and that will lead to their DOOM !!!
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He got burned on a couple of plays, but he's still a lot better than Witherspoon.

eh not really

He didn't really get burned much. I mean yeah you are able to complete a pass on him. But you can do that against every corner in league history. Deion, Revis or Richard Sherman even. You can complete a pass once in a while.

He gave you a key interception in the NFC Championship game. Witherspoon would never do that. He would trip over his own ankles and give up 2 TD's. The difference is just night and day. It's not even close.

Witherspoon doesn't lose his footing and doesn't give up the TD to Diggs and he's still a starter. We can't say Witherspoon wouldn't have made a play or would have.

I know it's niner talk but let's not tear down one guy to elevate E-Man. E-man did great, Witherspoon is a veteran backup now. Let's gooooo!!!

That's hardly a given considering he got beat off the LOS on a slant and flagged for PI on that drive as well.
Things were certainly trending in the wrong direction long before Witherspoon gave up that TD to Diggs. One play didn't cost him his job.

The point is let's not rip on Witherspoon to build up E-Man. Witherspoon may need to step up in the SB, let's keep it positive.
I have a lot of respect for this kid. After they gave up that huge play to Tyreek Hill, Moseley didn't throw his hands up and whine like a petulant little b or look to point fingers. He just tapped chest as to say, "that was on me, boys" and owned up to his mistake.

Let it be a learning lesson for the undrafted youngster. All things considered, he had a fantastic season.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 7, 2020 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I have a lot of respect for this kid. After they gave up that huge play to Tyreek Hill, Moseley didn't throw his hands up and whine like a petulant little b or look to point fingers. He just tapped chest as to say, "that was on me, boys" and owned up to his mistake.

Let it be a learning lesson for the undrafted youngster. All things considered, he had a fantastic season.

This. He's our starter going into next year.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

...or at the very least, set the bar for whoever is going to start.

The guy had a very good season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Hell yeah!!! Give this secondary a playmaking FS and this will be one of the best secondaries in the league.

Lol is this a shot at Witherspoon ?

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Didn't think about this but it's true - Witherspoon body language was so bad when he got beat early in the season prior to his injury and was putting his hands up. Shanny was really made about that.

Didn't think about this but it's true - Witherspoon body language was so bad when he got beat early in the season prior to his injury and was putting his hands up. Shanny was really made about that.

I got sick of him doing this when the QB threw a s**tty pass 10 yards out of bounds
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I got sick of him doing this when the QB threw a s**tty pass 10 yards out of bounds

He's a good kid, but his body language and celebrations (like you noted above) kind of irritated me
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

...or at the very least, set the bar for whoever is going to start.

The guy had a very good season.

He did but he still needs to develop. One of our weaknesses is the corner. Sherman is still great in zone but not as fast as he used to be in man on man.

I would think corner is a draft priority. We need a beast there either from the draft of FA. Mosley will get better in time and Sherman has his weaknesses. We need someone to fill those gaps.
So this guy is just gonna get a pass for his complete blown assignment on 3rd and 15? Meanwhile, JG and Kyle get the shaft. Smh
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Feb 10, 2020 at 1:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone