LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

2019 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
Toran fighting for a roster spot. He'll win. No one wants to break a leg over a roster spot

Although . . . 49ers have been known to hand out roster spots to broken players . . .
[ Edited by zonkers on Aug 17, 2019 at 10:08 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
shocking how our backup OL isn't as good as our starters, almost as if they are backups for a reason.

Very disappointing indeed

Maybe we should just trade Jimmy for some OLinemen since he's going to get killed behind the line anyway.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We have to use a high pick in the draft on an OLinemen this coming draft - this is ridiculous.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
We have to use a high pick in the draft on an OLinemen this coming draft - this is ridiculous.

Naaaah, I bet they go out and sign a veteran, the market next year looks pretty solid.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2020/all/offensive-line/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Free agency or the draft - I don't care, just get a good player.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Spain (Although his third down penalties cost the Titans the playoffs.) could be good and Kalil.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yup, I wouldn't mind ShanaLynch trading down our 3rd or 4rth rounder for some extra picks in the later rounds for some young, raw, but talented Olinemen to bolster our depth. My real hope is we can trade BeatHard for some OLine help this year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yup, I wouldn't mind ShanaLynch trading down our 3rd or 4rth rounder for some extra picks in the later rounds for some young, raw, but talented Olinemen to bolster our depth. My real hope is we can trade BeatHard for some OLine help this year.

BeatHard is just going to get released, and likewise, we're going to have a chance to pick up OL in our high waivers pecking order. No trade involved.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Naaaah, I bet they go out and sign a veteran, the market next year looks pretty solid.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2020/all/offensive-line/

I definitely think we'll be double dipping next offseason similar to the edge rusher double up with Ford/Bosa this offseason.

Just like this past offseason being very strong at edge in FA and draft next offseason looks pretty promising on the OL front, granted it's more OT heavy but we can certainly take an OT and put him at G until Joe hangs them up and then McGlinchey or the other guy can take over so we still have both OT spots secured.

I'm excited about Samuel's and Hurd, but I'm greedy. With the way some other WRs fell in the draft I wonder if they could have drafted Risner in the 2nd, Deebo in the 3rd and Hurd in the 4th.

Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Side note, has there been any updates on Risner at Broncos practices?
[ Edited by Butter on Aug 18, 2019 at 6:29 AM ]

Originally posted by Butter:

I'm excited about Samuel's and Hurd, but I'm greedy. With the way some other WRs fell in the draft I wonder if they could have drafted Risner in the 2nd, Deebo in the 3rd and Hurd in the 4th.

Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Side note, has there been any updates on Risner at Broncos practices?

From what I've heard on the radio. He's a vocal leader of the offense as a rookie. He is looking like the first round pick and Fant the Broncos actual first round pick looks like a mid round pick. From what I've heard is Jake Butt has been the best TE at their camp. But Risner is probably the best O-linemen on their team. But again this is what I've heard guys say on the radio and they aren't always the best judges.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I don't mind him getting surgery. I don't know why he couldn't throw a cast on it and get in there. We've seen that plenty in the NFL.

Because if he dislocated it AND damaged the structures that hold the finger in place... surgery is the only option.

Not all injuries are the same. You can't just "tough out" a dislocation that includes torn ligaments that need surgical care to repair. It's like asking somebody to tough out an ACL. If it needs surgery...it needs surgery.

Agree. Also one of the benefits is to allow another younger less experienced player to sub in and play and allow the coaches to see if that young and raw player can play and possibly replace Garnett.

People act like top doctors just make up reasons to do surgery. Surgery is ALWAYS the last option. Doctors will ALWAYS exhaust other viable non-surgical options if any exist. If he got surgery it's because he needed surgery.

Lol people act like they're top doctors.
F the OL we're going to be back in the playoffs this year. Idk how far we get but we'll be back this year. We're going to be pretty good this year and surprise some people. No more ifs no more excuses. I like this team. Clean up the pre snap penalties before week 1 and we'll be ok. Can't wait!
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Yesss, i actually placed a bet on a super bowl victory.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
F the OL we're going to be back in the playoffs this year. Idk how far we get but we'll be back this year. We're going to be pretty good this year and surprise some people. No more ifs no more excuses. I like this team. Clean up the pre snap penalties before week 1 and we'll be ok. Can't wait!

I have to agree - I think the team is going to be good this year. But, the schedule is brutal, so I'm cautiously optimistic on our win total. Either way I think we'll be competitive and that's all we can really ask for.
Share 49ersWebzone