LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

How much better are the 49ers than the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CO9er4life:
Seems reasonable to me. Now it's time to see if our "superior head coach" can surpass his student.

Yeah we're definitely within striking distance now.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 18, 2019 at 7:53 AM ]
Who say Lambs are better than 9ers? They might have gotten lucky a few times, but we have nothing to fear against the Lambs.
It basically comes down to a proven commodity vs. unproven commodity.

We know what the Rams are about.

Nobody knows what the 49ers are about due to injuries.

That gives the Rams an outright edge.

This season will be exciting
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
Who say Lambs are better than 9ers? They might have gotten lucky a few times, but we have nothing to fear against the Lambs.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
The Rams got exposed. I think McVeigh is just another Harbaugh. An overhyped ra-ra coach that inherited a talented squad and got carried by an experienced D coordinator. When faced with an equally talented squad and excellent game planning, ultimately inexperience and inflexibility was his undoing and he came up way short.
Shanny would have already won two rings with that squad.

This, Shanny the teacher is far superior than McVeigh the wannabe. We got the real deal folks, ain't nothing can stop us.
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
The Rams got exposed. I think McVeigh is just another Harbaugh. An overhyped ra-ra coach that inherited a talented squad and got carried by an experienced D coordinator. When faced with an equally talented squad and excellent game planning, ultimately inexperience and inflexibility was his undoing and he came up way short.
Shanny would have already won two rings with that squad.

This, Shanny the teacher is far superior than McVeigh the wannabe. We got the real deal folks, ain't nothing can stop us.

No one is discredit to Shanny as he is a very good coach but to say McVay is a Ra-Ra coach is just blatantly wrong. That he got carried by his D is wrong. It's true he had a stacked team. But his QB got exposed in the Super Bowl by the Patriots.
Originally posted by rathman4481:
It basically comes down to a proven commodity vs. unproven commodity.

We know what the Rams are about.

Nobody knows what the 49ers are about due to injuries.

That gives the Rams an outright edge.

This season will be exciting

That and they still have more talent across the board too.
The NFL is all about matchups and position groups. If I had to break them down I say they work out this way:
QB - Toss up. Goff has holes in his game and Jimmy G hasn't proven things over the course over a whole season to be graded higher
HB. 49ers. The Rams are top heavy with Gurley clearly being the best talent but the 49ers have more depth
WR. Rams but.... based on the 49ers draft this could change drastically. If Deebo/Pettis end up being the players we all hope they can be then we win here as well
OL. Rams. The 49ers line is one of the weakest spots of the team
DL. I want to say the 9ers with the addition of Bosa/Ford but again they are unproved in working together so the Donald alone has to tilt this right?
LB. Draw
DB. Rams depending on health. If both of our starters stay healthy this gap is pretty minimal
P. I think we all know our 4th round sensation is the best punter in history already :D

So the Rams win more than the Niners but there are plenty of reasons for optimism and this script flips if the 9ers convert some of that potential into actual on the field play. I think it comes down to coaching, health, and growth. I think it's a toss up with the head coaching and if we could actually be healthy for a season I see no reason the 49ers can't compete with the Rams for the West. That being said I'm an unashamed homer.
[ Edited by RedGoldSquatch on May 18, 2019 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Is this a joke? Rams are far superior. They are the nfc conference champs... we can't even beat the cardinals.

They have multiple pro bowlers and all pros at various positions. Not to mention far better coaches.

We have Shanny and a few good players. Bucker is still our best player by a mile and thats a baalke
holdover.

Threads like this shouldn't even be allowed.

True or false with Jimmy G , niners almost came back to WIN from a 25 point deficit against the all stacked with Kareem Hunt KC Chiefs?

WHERE'S YOUR GOT DAMN FAITH?

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We got Ford but thats the only guaranteed upgrade. All the other free agents are either second/third tier or coming off a serious injury. Our top pick is injury prone and the next three picks were low impact, wr, wr and a freaking punter.

I don't see how we gained ground on any team, much less the rams. Unless you count hope and wishful thinking.

Really?
We're better this year. IMO

Rams offense fuels through Gurley and the run game to set up the passing game. Well, not anymore with Gurley's arthritis. Arthritis is some serious sh!t, I rather have gout than arthritis. Gurley will never be the same as before. BB exposed them without Gurley. They're also missing a couple of key pieces on the OL and Kupp is coming back from a torn ACL.

They lost a couple of good starters on defense in Suh and Joyner. Peters is overrated who constantly got beat last year.

Meanwhile, we added some key players on both sides of the ball. IMO, we're better if not, a lot closer than people think.
  • napo
  • Veteran
In a quarterback league, it may come down to how Jimmy G and Goff perform. Goff had his best year in 2018 with a QB rating of 101. Jimmy had an off year in the 3 games he played ((90.3 rating). The big question will be how Jimmy comes back from a season ending knee injury. Will he retain his mobility in the pocket (he never was a running QB) or will he be limited?. Approaching 28, he should be in his prime, but has limited experience, so he remains a question mark. For Goff, the question is whether he will continue improving, or will he plateau out?
They are definitely better than us and I'd give the Rams the nod in both games until proven otherwise. The only thing I'd say is that the games should be competitive, but the Rams for now are better and I expect them to win the division by 2 or 3 games.
Originally posted by alwayssecond:
They are much better than us and i don't see how after one offseason we can even compare

They have the better qb, the better rb and much better wrs. Our only advantage on offense are te and fb

On defense our front 7 can be similar or slightly better. Their dbs are 10x better than our disaster back there

K would be similar if Gould stays

They have the better p

They have the better coach. Their defensive coordinator is 100x better than ours

Rams are a 11-12 win team. I would be ecstatic if we get to 8 wins this seasons

Too early to compare with the sb runner ups right now. Let's give it another season. Revamp our ol and dbs and we COULD be in that conversation. Not yet

Stopped reading at "they have the better qb"
Share 49ersWebzone