LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

How much better are the 49ers than the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is this a joke? Rams are far superior. They are the nfc conference champs... we can't even beat the cardinals.

They have multiple pro bowlers and all pros at various positions. Not to mention far better coaches.

We have Shanny and a few good players. Bucker is still our best player by a mile and thats a baalke
holdover.

Threads like this shouldn't even be allowed.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 17, 2019 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Is this a joke? Rams are far superior. They are the nfc conference champs... we can't even beat the cardinals.

They have multiple pro bowlers and all pros at various positions. Not to mention far better coaches.

We have Shanny and a few good players. Bucker is still our best player by a mile and thats a baalke
holdover.

You're right, but that's last year. And extensibly, the Rams are either static or trending down, and we're trending up. So the gap is shrinking, but still there.

holdover.

They were a playoff team. The gamblers who paid off those refs won the NFC.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

holdover.

You're right, but that's last year. And extensibly, the Rams are either static or trending down, and we're trending up. So the gap is shrinking, but still there.

We got Ford but thats the only guaranteed upgrade. All the other free agents are either second/third tier or coming off a serious injury. Our top pick is injury prone and the next three picks were low impact, wr, wr and a freaking punter.

I don't see how we gained ground on any team, much less the rams. Unless you count hope and wishful thinking.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 17, 2019 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

holdover.

We got Ford but thats the only guaranteed upgrade. All the other free agents are either second/third tier or coming off a serious injury. Our top pick is injury prone and the next three picks were low impact, wr, wr and a freaking punter.

I don't see how we gained ground on any team, much less the rams. Unless you count hope and wishful thinking.

We have vastly different appraisals of Bosa. He and Ford should be a top-10, even top-5 unit. Deebo looks like a plug-and-play starter. Hurd might be a year away. But I think you're undervaluing the added players. I get it from our recent offseasons, but this one seems to be the best since the 2011 one.

Exactly. We improved on paper but after last year, I'm not goin to hype this team up until they can prove they're winners. Got a bunch of guys coming off serious injuries, questions about Saleh, suspect personnel decisions with our defensive backfield and o-line. Am I watching the same team here or what? We wouldn't be the first team to have lots of talent but could never put it together. The coaching staff has a lot to prove imo and we aren't really sure how talented we are yet.
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 17, 2019 at 8:46 PM ]
Until proven otherwise, the are light years ahead of us. They were just in the super bowl and who else did they lose besides Suh?
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
The Rams got exposed. I think McVeigh is just another Harbaugh. An overhyped ra-ra coach that inherited a talented squad and got carried by an experienced D coordinator. When faced with an equally talented squad and excellent game planning, ultimately inexperience and inflexibility was his undoing and he came up way short.
Shanny would have already won two rings with that squad.

Lots of pessimism here‼️ Can we just watch the games and show some optimism for our team❓I, for one, believe the Niners can beat the lambs and actually WIN the NFCW‼️ But that's just MY wishful thinking‼️ Hope to see a lot of you fans out there and we have an enjoyable season‼️😎

Oh, can someone tell me who David Carr is and where he gets his smoke from❓⁉️
  • Jiks
Rams are far superior but I think we have a similar foundation that they had not too long ago. We just have to stay healthy and add a few more upgrades and we could potentially be there. Still a year or two away though.

holdover.

So true.

I don't understand why Shanahan and Lynch aren't given more credit, they look really sharp on TV every draft.
On talent alone, probably something close to this. This obviously does not include coaching, scheme, player development, health, intangibles, playoff experience, etc.

Scale: 4, 3, 2, 1

Offensive Personnel:
QB: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona
RB/FB: Los Angeles, Arizona, San Francisco, Seattle
TE1/TE2/OW: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona, Seattle
XWR/SWR/ZWR: Los Angeles, Arizona, San Francisco, Seattle
LT/RT: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona
C/LG/RG: Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona

Offensive Talent: Los Angeles 20, San Francisco 17, Seattle 12, Arizona 11

Defensive Personnel:
NT/DT: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle
DE/ER: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona, Seattle
SAM/MIKE/TED/WILL: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona
RCB/SCB/LCB: Arizona, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco
FS/SS: Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona. San Francisco

Defensive Talent: Los Angeles 15, San Francisco 12, Seattle 12, Arizona 11

Special Teams:
LS/PK/P: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona

Special Teams Talent: San Francisco 4, Los Angeles 3, Seattle 2, Arizona 1

Total: Los Angeles 38, San Francisco 33, Seattle 26, Arizona 23
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Lots of pessimism here‼️ Can we just watch the games and show some optimism for our team❓I, for one, believe the Niners can beat the lambs and actually WIN the NFCW‼️ But that's just MY wishful thinking‼️ Hope to see a lot of you fans out there and we have an enjoyable season‼️😎

Oh, can someone tell me who David Carr is and where he gets his smoke from❓⁉️

Crack is wack bro, you don't want to smoke that.
Niners have better coach and better QB. Time will tell how much better the Niners will be.
Originally posted by NCommand:
On talent alone, probably something close to this. This obviously does not include coaching, scheme, player development, health, intangibles, playoff experience, etc.

Scale: 4, 3, 2, 1

Offensive Personnel:
QB: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona
RB/FB: Los Angeles, Arizona, San Francisco, Seattle
TE1/TE2/OW: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona, Seattle
XWR/SWR/ZWR: Los Angeles, Arizona, San Francisco, Seattle
LT/RT: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona
C/LG/RG: Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona

Offensive Talent: Los Angeles 20, San Francisco 17, Seattle 12, Arizona 11

Defensive Personnel:
NT/DT: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle
DE/ER: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona, Seattle
SAM/MIKE/TED/WILL: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona
RCB/SCB/LCB: Arizona, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco
FS/SS: Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona. San Francisco

Defensive Talent: Los Angeles 15, San Francisco 12, Seattle 12, Arizona 11

Special Teams:
LS/PK/P: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona

Special Teams Talent: San Francisco 4, Los Angeles 3, Seattle 2, Arizona 1

Total: Los Angeles 38, San Francisco 33, Seattle 26, Arizona 23

Seems reasonable to me. Now it's time to see if our "superior head coach" can surpass his student.
Share 49ersWebzone