LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

How much better are the 49ers than the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
The Rams are good, but they lost some pieces and Gurley's knee will be a concern. They also downgraded on the D line and O line.

Exactly how much better is their roster better than ours?

In looking at both teams, it looks like we have a real shot to win this division this season.

In defense they couldn't stop the run, and I don't think they improved. They also don't have LBs and safety's that can cover the middle of the field.

What do you guys think, are we close?
I think we're unproven to answer that.

This season will answer that question.

IMO, their OL is definitely better than ours.

Their DL was better but the jury is out w/our new additions in the picture.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Rams have dominated the 49ers with the exception of the one game where they rested their starters. Until Saleh can prove he can stop or contain the Rams Offense, they should finish on top of the division.

What gives the 49ers a chance is the improved Pass rush they should have this year as well as 2 new starters on the Rams Offensive Line.
Originally posted by pd24:
The Rams are good, but they lost some pieces and Gurley's knee will be a concern. They also downgraded on the D line and O line.

Exactly how much better is their roster better than ours?

In looking at both teams, it looks like we have a real shot to win this division this season.

In defense they couldn't stop the run, and I don't think they improved. They also don't have LBs and safety's that can cover the middle of the field.

What do you guys think, are we close?

For now, I'd say not close. SF is coming off two sub .500 seasons, Rams are coming off two seasons above .500. A lot of stuff is obviously working for them. But, we will see for sure once the pads go on.
Not much, mostly health.
The Rams got exposed. I think McVeigh is just another Harbaugh. An overhyped ra-ra coach that inherited a talented squad and got carried by an experienced D coordinator. When faced with an equally talented squad and excellent game planning, ultimately inexperience and inflexibility was his undoing and he came up way short.
Shanny would have already won two rings with that squad.
One is Super Bowl caliber and the 49ers are bottom of the NFC West.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Still living in the past I see.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Debatable.

On paper, not much better at this point.

But, of course, the off-season progress needs to translate into wins over the Rams. I think we'll see it.
They will always be the same sorry ass Rams to me.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Right now, maybe a smidgen (for Lambs) because the new guys we've acquired haven't even played one down as a 49er, but on paper, it's really debatable...our front seven has more play makers, their secondary is better. We now have a lot of talent on offense.

However

Shanny >>> McVay (no debate here).
The Rams are Light years better. LOL.

They have Aaron Donald. You can go to the Super Bowl with that. We could have picked Quinnen Williams but we passed on him.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 17, 2019 at 2:06 PM ]
2018 was a wash. We'll know for sure this season
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Rams are Light years better. LOL.

They have Aaron Donald. You can go to the Super Bowl with that. We could have picked Quinnen Williams but we passed on him.

Classic non sequitur, possible synecdoche, with a little schadenfreude mixed in.
Excellent take.
Go Niners!
They are much better than us and i don't see how after one offseason we can even compare

They have the better qb, the better rb and much better wrs. Our only advantage on offense are te and fb

On defense our front 7 can be similar or slightly better. Their dbs are 10x better than our disaster back there

K would be similar if Gould stays

They have the better p

They have the better coach. Their defensive coordinator is 100x better than ours

Rams are a 11-12 win team. I would be ecstatic if we get to 8 wins this seasons

Too early to compare with the sb runner ups right now. Let's give it another season. Revamp our ol and dbs and we COULD be in that conversation. Not yet
[ Edited by alwayssecond on May 17, 2019 at 2:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone