LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

How much better are the 49ers than the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are go to their house down our two starting tackles, our all-world fullback, our starting corner, spot them a touchdown lead, then monkey-stomp them into a desperation trade better than them.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We got them s**tting in their pants.
McVay: we got Ramsey now, the scales have tipped
Shanahan: dude, we run the ball
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
We got them s**tting in their pants.

When he finds out how much taxes are in california ,.maybe he will bail after this year. ok. that would really be a bad look for the rams to me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are a lot better than them. Much, much better. It's amazing what a difference 1 year makes. Draft some guys, get some good FA's and get some guys back healthy up to full strength. Now it's a completely different team.

i underestimated things. also i think we have a good secondary coach and d line coach. alexander has just been such a huge key and thank god warner has no sophomore slump. my hope is there will be do drama this weekend but it is the nfl. the red skins will be excited or should be to play at home. also when you are 5-0 it usually makes everyone play their best. usually
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are a lot better than them. Much, much better. It's amazing what a difference 1 year makes. Draft some guys, get some good FA's and get some guys back healthy up to full strength. Now it's a completely different team.

Yup. Man if we stay relatively healthy I don't see any team stopping this train (not even BB and Brady).
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Comments that didn't age well.

A lot of homers on here...

QB: Rams - Goff keeps getting better and threw for 4700 yards with a passer rating above 100 last year. Even if Garapollo can stay healthy for a full season, I'll go with the younger Goff. Garapollo has to prove he's more than an average starting QB.

RB: Rams - Gurley is probably the second best RB in the league after Saquon Barkley. That trumps having depth at RB.

WR: Rams by far. Cooks, Woods, and Kupp is one of the best WR tandems in the league. We don't have anyone as good as any of their top 3 receivers. This one isn't even close.

TE: 49ers. We have Kittle. They don't. Not as big a landslide as the WR race because they have two pretty good TEs.

OL: Rams by far.

DL: Wash - Donald is by far the best player on either defensive line and Fowler could be good, but we have Bosa, QW, and Ford.

LB: Wash, maybe slight edge to 49ers because Kwon Alexander is really good.

DB: Rams by far.

Special teams: Rams by far.

Rams are a much better football team.

This x 100

And don't forget their dc is a million times better than ours

We got Ford but thats the only guaranteed upgrade. All the other free agents are either second/third tier or coming off a serious injury. Our top pick is injury prone and the next three picks were low impact, wr, wr and a freaking punter.

I don't see how we gained ground on any team, much less the rams. Unless you count hope and wishful thinking.

A comment that did age well.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
We're better this year. IMO

Rams offense fuels through Gurley and the run game to set up the passing game. Well, not anymore with Gurley's arthritis. Arthritis is some serious sh!t, I rather have gout than arthritis. Gurley will never be the same as before. BB exposed them without Gurley. They're also missing a couple of key pieces on the OL and Kupp is coming back from a torn ACL.

They lost a couple of good starters on defense in Suh and Joyner. Peters is overrated who constantly got beat last year.

Meanwhile, we added some key players on both sides of the ball. IMO, we're better if not, a lot closer than people think.

Share 49ersWebzone