There are 167 users in the forums

Levine Toilolo TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kazak13:
looks like Celek Time is up.. dude is a mismatch for sure..

good.. celek is crap. there is a reason the team has picked up extra tight ends and it sure as hell is not to give george competition for the starting job. many of us said we needed a better second tight end than what we had last year. this theory that we were "fine" because celek is fine and juice can be used as a tight end as well obviously did not hold water with kyle, i think its been said the guy is huge so it would appear. little guys breaking ankles is not longer the game plan.. thank god
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I don't think Kaden Smith is near as slow as people think. He was injured (per him) when working out for teams. He says he runs 4.5 and will show it

4.5? He's not even close to as fast as kittle who ran a 4.52

Film doesn't back that up at all
6'8" 268 pounds!
  • thl408
Originally posted by English:
6'8" 268 pounds!

and was the best pass blocking TE in the universe. Add 40 pounds. Boom. Swing tackle.
I like this signing a lot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
6'8" 268 pounds!

there is something blowing in the wind. one would have to be blind not to see the trend has moved away from small little guys to big strong guys. sure he is not all pro but i am so pleased with these additions and the types of additions that have been made to the wide out and tight end departments. honestly. i would not roll out the shock and awe if 5 guys from last year did not make this roster due to the five new guys we have signed and drafted. if my math is right. 3 wide outs and 2 tight ends
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

you missed the staff meeting. size does not matter. size is over rated. we like our little breaking ankles guys
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
6'8" 268 pounds!

and was the best pass blocking TE in the universe. Add 40 pounds. Boom. Swing tackle.

if he can block. as you say and can catch the ball.. i do not care how fast he is. tim mcdonald was slow as hell! kyle picked this guy for a reason. a total and complete revamp in the pass catching department is on the way . no one is guaranteed a job cept for george and i f**king love it!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
looks like we are signing him, dude is 6-8

Then somebody gets cut to make room on the 90-man roster?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

you missed the staff meeting. size does not matter. size is over rated. we like our little breaking ankles guys

Size mismatch and physicality were CLEARLY the theme this year. Kyle learns and evolves (thank God). No more pussies. The offense is going to finesse and beat you up.

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Then somebody gets cut to make room on the 90-man roster?

True...not sure who yet.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if he can block. as you say and can catch the ball.. i do not care how fast he is. tim mcdonald was slow as hell! kyle picked this guy for a reason. a total and complete revamp in the pass catching department is on the way . no one is guaranteed a job cept for george and i f**king love it!

cciowa has come back home from the dark place. Mark it down. cciowa is back!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Smith, Toilolo, and Hurd add much needed size to the middle of the field.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Ideal back-up, run blocking TE who can also help in the Red Zone

My first thought is why did ATL and DET not bring him back?

Lions got Jesse James and Hockenson, so they don't need him. ATL has other blockers, so Toilolo is not necessary an upgrade.

Toilolo, however, seems to be more durable than any other TE we have on the roster. He only missed a single game in six years.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
roster cut
Share 49ersWebzone