There are 196 users in the forums

I have a questions about why players wanted the highest pay?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
When I work I want the highest pay I can get. Not sure what you mean.
Originally posted by miked1978:
When I work I want the highest pay I can get. Not sure what you mean.

If you want the highest pay when you are talent for wins games? It is not easy for win games and championship.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by English:
Sherman?

Yes it is Richard Sherman!

Who negotiated his own contract and played for SF on a very reasonable contract partly to prove he still has it and partly to wave a middle finger at Seattle. Hence my query.

Funny thing is, a lot of people knocked the contract, but I personally loved it. Imagine someone in this day in age who actually wants to EARN their money. Sure he could've gotten more for doing less, but that's just it, Richard Sherman doesn't want to get more for doing less. He wants to earn every dime. Too bad we don't have a society full of adults like that. It was this action that began opening me up to seeing Richard Sherman in a different light.

I wonder. Why Garoppolo, Ford,Goodwin, Sherman and Alexander got the highest pay?!? We will going to the playoff and get championship for us? Or we will missed to the playoff this year? Because our waste moneys to the highest pay? I have a questions for them by Garoppolo, Ford, Goodwin, Sherman and Alexander.

I think i get where you are going. I don't think these are bad contracts at all. The fact is, you have to pay for quality players. This is not a Joe Flacco situation from after he won the Super Bowl or a Kirk Cousins situation where the contract will affect the ability to sign players in the future. I would say if I were a player, depending on my endorsement deal situation, and my financial team around me, I wouldn't be too pressed to be the top paid. If I were on a team like the 49ers, with a coach like KS, I'm okay with being paid top-10 if I were a top-3 or -5 player. I would want to win and I also want my job to be as easy as possible. The more talent around me, the easier the job is. Now that has it's setbacks, like if they can find cheaper talent that is beyond or near my level, I'm gone. But again, with the right financial team around you, I would be more than okay financially.
If you want the highest pay when you are talent for wins games? It is not easy for win games and championship.

When a team has plenty of cap space why would a player take a pay cut? It would be different if a team didn't have the cap space.
This new regime accepted a roster with very little existing talent.

In order to build a new team, they had to buy some used parts in the free open market where salaries are based on competition for those parts.
They over paid for a some of them.

But they had a bunch of money sitting around and they felt like those parts were fitting the Niners plans.
They weren't buying a Dion Sanders to win a Super Bowl.

Next off season they will make one or 2 of those types of purchases though. They'll be in that place with this team.
Then we can criticize them.

When a team has plenty of cap space why would a player take a pay cut? It would be different if a team didn't have the cap space.

Different reasons. Depends on what the player wants. If I'm in Buffalo, I want beyond market value lol. If it's a place I want to live, there are other factors I'd consider.
It's just business for both the player and the franchise.
The risk for the player is wanting so much that the franchise won't pay and they get shown the door.

But your point I think is best exemplified over in NE. Brady voluntarily takes low money (relative to position) allowing more to be spent to keep the better players on the roster. BB rarely overpays, so the gems he does find he is able to keep a little longer until they price themselves out of the franchise. This approach can really only be followed when you have a decent roster to start with and contract expiry is staggered such that you can drop a minimum number of players into FA at a time ... or trade them before an obvious payday is due (eg JimmyG).
You only live once my dude. Get yo money!!
[ Edited by gold49digger on May 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM ]
I wonder. Why Garoppolo, Ford,Goodwin, Sherman and Alexander got the highest pay?!? We will going to the playoff and get championship for us? Or we will missed to the playoff this year? Because our waste moneys to the highest pay? I have a questions for them by Garoppolo, Ford, Goodwin, Sherman and Alexander.

Are you an employee. Do you take less salary so you employer can win business against competitors?

Yep players gotta get their money. Look a Tom Brady he took a lesser contract and what has he been able to do? Buzz to answer your question it's cause people are selfish and always want more money. All the talk of "I don't care what it takes I want to win. Winning is the most important thing." All that talk is b******t money is the most important followed by winning. Unless you are Tom Brady who actually values winning more than being the highest payed player.
Originally posted by KamLeon:

It's BuzZb

Once you've read enough of his posts over the years, you know his language, and know exactly what he is saying
Share 49erswebzone