LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

2018 vs. 2019: How Many Wins Have We Added?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I appreciate the research and it's a nice post, but the win+/- is completely off because you're making an all too common mistake, you aren't taking into account that other teams have improved as well.

It happens so much around here, a phrase I always try to remember "Those guys get paid too"

Some teams will be better, some will be worse. To proceed with a thought experiment like this is to figure those variables as cancelling. And if his conclusion is off, I'd ask you, is it so far off what you'd estimate for us this year? 9 or 10 wins?

I don't think it can be factored like it's written up on this post, I like the research as I said, for starters half of the schedule is different.

I do think we're a 9+ win team, I just wouldn't get there from this.
Fun little systematic way of going about it. The entire NFCW also got stronger. Did we gain on any of them? I did my own little position group comparison across the NFCW and in terms of just talent alone, it does appear we've swapped with Seattle which puts us in their wheelhouse...8-8 or 9-7.

But I think in the end, our two biggest weaknesses in pass protection and pass coverage (2 critical components to winning in today's game) do us in.

But we'll be highly competitive but continue to shoot ourselves in the foot at crucial moments (our staple)...must learn to win.

7-9
[ Edited by NCommand on May 7, 2019 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Last year I said 6 and had we not had so many injuries I think that would have been our record.

We better win 8 games this year or something went totally wrong.

So you believe that the number of injuries last year only cost the team 2 wins? Hmm, not sure I agree. Not with the number of close finishes we had.

It could have been more. We will never know..
49ers are winning double digit games this year if everyone stays healthy.

Big expectations.
a healthy Jimmy adds 6 wins easily to last years record.
with additional FA and draft i still stand by 10 wins this season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

with the o line we have? 8 wins
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
2018 = 4
2019/20 = SB

For real. Ward is that special!
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Fun little systematic way of going about it. The entire NFCW also got stronger. Did we gain on any of them? I did my own little position group comparison across the NFCW and in terms of just talent alone, it does appear we've swapped with Seattle which puts us in their wheelhouse...8-8 or 9-7.

But I think in the end, our two biggest weaknesses in pass protection and pass coverage (2 critical components to winning in today's game) do us in.

But we'll be highly competitive but continue to shoot ourselves in the foot at crucial moments (our staple)...must learn to win.

7-9

whole season gonna go by and we're not going to "learn to win" ?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I think we should go 10-6 but I will say we go 8-8/9-7. Until we can learn to close out games I can't project us to double digit wins.

• LVJay
  • Veteran

Ward is "that" special...he's their pet. They'll take him to war with them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

dreaming and hoping and hoping that dreams come true
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

7-9

we have done a good job of finding ways to lose close games. how can anyone talk about 10 wins when we continue to find ways to lose games
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
So with Ford and Bosa our team took a step back? Fire your weed man.

One proven pass rusher wont make too much of a difference. The other player is unproven. He is extremely talented but he hasnt played a down in the nfl.

7-9

Hopefully! It's still a young team and learning to win; closing out games is sometimes the hardest part. But watch out once they do!
Share 49ersWebzone