There are 186 users in the forums

UDFA LB Azeez Al-Shaair, Florida Atlantic

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by father49er:
Azeez will do great in place of Greenlaw. I'm more afraid of Flanagan-Fowels taking over the weak side. FF missed a lot of tackles in space.

Tackling has been an issue for him since college. For the life of me, I do not understand what the team sees in him. Yes, he can cover (he was a former safety), and perhaps has leadership skills. But I greatly prefer Marcell Harris. He may miss once in a while, I mean many players do, but his football IQ is up there and he looks to create turnovers.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Azeez will do great in place of Greenlaw. I'm more afraid of Flanagan-Fowels taking over the weak side. FF missed a lot of tackles in space.

Tackling has been an issue for him since college. For the life of me, I do not understand what the team sees in him. Yes, he can cover (he was a former safety), and perhaps has leadership skills. But I greatly prefer Marcell Harris. He may miss once in a while, I mean many players do, but his football IQ is up there and he looks to create turnovers.

After Al-Shaair there is a big drop off with DFF, Harris and Gerry. I really liked Jonas Griffith's film and we may end up regretting that trade if more injuries set in.

In that case I would seriously consider moving Huff down in the box to play the weak side in certain looks.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:

"Jimmie...this is how you tackle T.J." ~ Azeez

I know right? It's bad enough Jimmy can't get an interception to save his life and he supposed to be such a great tackler, (which he usually is solid) but come on man that was embarrassing.
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

After Al-Shaair there is a big drop off with DFF, Harris and Gerry. I really liked Jonas Griffith's film and we may end up regretting that trade if more injuries set in.

In that case I would seriously consider moving Huff down in the box to play the weak side in certain looks.

Yeah I wasn't really sure how I felt about that trade either. On 1 hand it's nice to turn excess depth into assets but on the other hand Jonas Griffith was making waves in camp and had some solid pays in preseason. Maybe Denver didn't call no take backs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
PAIN IN THE AZZZZZ !!!!

Go NINERSSSS !!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
PAIN IN THE AZZZZZ !!!!

Go NINERSSSS !!!!

I saw 1 missed tackle but he played pretty well?
The guy makes plays every single game. Hell of a find for a '19 undrafted LB.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I saw 1 missed tackle but he played pretty well?

Missed tackle and his tackle that pushed the receiver over the first down line.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Playing better than Warner at this point.

He's playing good football right now. Just outstanding.
Originally posted by jcs:

The double team blocks come for Warner. Leaving him free to run.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

why? warner can't plug a hole.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

why? warner can't plug a hole.

A huge amount of attention comes for him on the blocking schemes. Allowing Azeez Al Shaair to run free. Running something he does well. He is fast and he is making plays. I'm glad he's making plays. It's just not apples to apples. The blocking focuses on Warner.

That doesn't explain Warner shooting the wrong gaps
Share 49ersWebzone