There are 104 users in the forums

Ben Garland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Somebody in the GMs office/ nearby world, whether in charge of player personnel, scouts, certainly JL himself, and kyle....have done an incredible job of getting some great depth for us and not just on OL either. We have 3 RB wiih 600 yards each, an NFL first I just read. We have 4 TEs all of which can block like muthas, and catch. We have 6 or 7 WR/TE/RBs , which includes kittle,, Au jus, Bourne, Mostert, Brieda, Sanders, Deebo, Dwelley...all whom allow us to have best in the league blocking on run plays or pass plays , where YAC is top of the heap...or close. Also we have starting OLs for at least 4-5 games that are on the bench in case. We lost DJ Jones, Blair , and still have 3 or 4 guys who are good rotational DLs,

When injury hit once again, and hit hard, without all these top flite backups we NEVER make it to the playoffs. Instead, next men up stood up and kept the machine rolling. It Is absolutely mind blowing we lost kittle, Au Jus, both OTs, Richburg, 2 DL rotational starters, RBs, all 3 at one time or another , Tartt....you all know the list. There is just no doubt without this depth we are not here now.

So hats off to the exec of the yr and our OC/HC who have built not just a fine bunch of starters but somehow acquired some really great depth that could keep us in most games especially from game 8 on. It is truly a remarkable feat and we don't give that talent acquisition crew the credit they deserve. I guess JL and kyle looked at our track record for IR and PUP the last 5 yrs and decided, "OK, let's not just build a team, let 's build one for the inevitable depth that we will need"...and darned if they didn't.

Well done guys, and thanks.

Gonna put it on the coaching. Guys like Garland and Person weren't really special anywhere else. They were subpar backups. Now they come over here and suddenly look significantly better than at anypoint in their careers? I put that on John Benton and Shadow OL coach Foerster as well as Shanahan.

Benton schooled em up. Shanny schemed em up. Foerster numbed em up so they won't feel pain
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Somebody in the GMs office/ nearby world, whether in charge of player personnel, scouts, certainly JL himself, and kyle....have done an incredible job of getting some great depth for us and not just on OL either. We have 3 RB wiih 600 yards each, an NFL first I just read. We have 4 TEs all of which can block like muthas, and catch. We have 6 or 7 WR/TE/RBs , which includes kittle,, Au jus, Bourne, Mostert, Brieda, Sanders, Deebo, Dwelley...all whom allow us to have best in the league blocking on run plays or pass plays , where YAC is top of the heap...or close. Also we have starting OLs for at least 4-5 games that are on the bench in case. We lost DJ Jones, Blair , and still have 3 or 4 guys who are good rotational DLs,

When injury hit once again, and hit hard, without all these top flite backups we NEVER make it to the playoffs. Instead, next men up stood up and kept the machine rolling. It I absolutely mind blowing we lost kittle, Au Jus, both OTs, Richburg, 2 DL rotational starters, RBs, all 3 at one time or another , Tartt....you all know the list. There is just no doubt without this depth we are not here now.

So hats off to the exec of the yr and our OC/HC who have built not just a fine bunch of starters but somehow acquired some really great depth that could keep us in most games especially from game 8 on. It is truly a remarkable feat and we don't give that talent acquisition crew the credit they deserve. I guess JL and kyle looked at our track record for IR and PUP the last 5 yrs and decided, "OK, let's not just build a team, let 's build one for the inevitable depth that we will need"...and darned if they didn't.

Well done guys, and thanks.

Indeed
This dude. Geez the pickups and gems they hVe found
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Got owned in the biggest game of the year
Originally posted by jcs:

Was Richburg even that much better though. Feels like Niners have always sucked at pass pro. We're pretty damn good at run blocking tho
Chris Jones is a tough handle and it was a lot or blitzes. Somebody has to be open. Either Jimmy didnt see them or no one was winning their routes, I actually dont think the online was that bad.
Originally posted by S41MAN:
Chris Jones is a tough handle and it was a lot or blitzes. Somebody has to be open. Either Jimmy didnt see them or no one was winning their routes, I actually dont think the online was that bad.

This trend is not going away. Wanna beat the Niners, get a good interior tackle because Niners interior OL sucks. Either we play the arms race or end up like the Rams.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
This trend is not going away. Wanna beat the Niners, get a good interior tackle because Niners interior OL sucks. Either we play the arms race or end up like the Rams.

I want to upgrade there as well I'm just saying that was not as much as the o lines fault imo. If it was a four man rush I'd be s**ttijg on them but they were sending a bunch of guys and we couldn't find the open receiver.
Poor Garland got hit with a bull-pull move that sent him flying onto his face on Jimmy's first INT.
Garland is a UFA - gotta bring him back, right?

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by jcs:

Was Richburg even that much better though. Feels like Niners have always sucked at pass pro. We're pretty damn good at run blocking tho

Ya Rich was a bit better. But ya, it's been awhile since we had good pass pro. Especially a good reliable pro bowl type C. Newberry was the last one we had.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Solid back up at Center and Guard, most definitely a must to bring back!!!
Originally posted by S41MAN:

They weren't good. Jones owned the interior

Richburg is better at pass pro then he is at run blocking. Richburg is so weak thiugh. Constantky pished into the backfield. Garland actually gets push in the run game. His pass pro isnt up to par. Quality back up for sure. Question is will teams be looking to poach our backups?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed! As a back-up? Worth every penny paid.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed! As a back-up? Worth every penny paid.

Exactly. Sign heeeemmmm!
Share 49erswebzone