Ben Garland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Very impressed. Was incredibly nervous when Richburg went down
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yes. We had more depth than we realised.
Dude was solid again

This guy has been a beast in the run game
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ben Garland has been every bit as good as Richburg.

Our OL is elite.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2020/1/20/21074531/the-starting-11-chiefs-49ers-super-bowl-preview-titans
10. This week's line play moment that made me hit rewind: Ben Garland has been a godsend for the 49ers. When starting center Weston Richburg went down with a season-ending leg injury in early December, it seemed like San Francisco's offense might take a significant hit. Losing a center can torpedo any unit, but in Shanahan's zone-running scheme, the position is especially important. The center is the linchpin of those blocking designs, and a player who can handle reach blocks on his own is paramount in shifting the math in an offense's favor. Enter Garland. The journeyman interior lineman has stepped into the middle of San Francisco's offense, and this unit hasn't missed a beat. Garland was already familiar with the system, having spent the 2016 season as a backup in Atlanta, and that has paid huge dividends. Watch the job that Garland does on Kenny Clark here without any help at all. Shanahan hasn't had to change a single aspect of his scheme with Garland in the lineup, and that's the best compliment a coach can give a backup lineman.
Extend heeeem!!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Damn, Ben!!

Originally posted by SouthMemphis49er:
Camp body...

lol NOPE (from page 1)
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Jan 21, 2020 at 10:51 AM ]
I saw some beastly combo blocks Sunday.

I was a little worried when Richburg was hurt but the guy has come out playing. KC is in for a world of hurt.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dude was solid again

Yes he was for sure. Played much better than I thought he would so far
  • titan
  • Veteran
What a SURPRISE!!!
Originally posted by titan:
What a SURPRISE!!!

Military grade! Cerebral disciplined guy playing for the same type HC
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 21, 2020 at 5:19 PM ]
He's been dope.
Share 49ersWebzone