There are 191 users in the forums

Ben Garland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sure hope he & the oline have a much better game Saturday. Way too much pressure & miscommunications going on every snap
Pearson at center and Brunskill at RG is the way to go IMO
Ehh, Grady Jarrett destroys every interior OL across from him. When Garland is getting whooped by average joes, I'll begin panicing.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

This.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Anyone else notice the shotgun snaps seemed much slower getting to JG. A friend of mine noticed it as well and texted me during the game. Maybe someone with coaches film access can check this out.

This! I knew I wasn't going crazy! I noticed the same. See my post on the previous page, halfway down.

It was to me very noticeable and if really was slower it hurts the entire process of the play.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

This.

Actually, as odd as it sounds, I might let Brunskill play center. He took snaps there in pre-season and if you look into his background, he actually played center in high school (and was 2nd team All State in that regard).
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Anyone else notice the shotgun snaps seemed much slower getting to JG. A friend of mine noticed it as well and texted me during the game. Maybe someone with coaches film access can check this out.

Maybe someone with an Athletic subscription can confirm if what I read yesterday was true. This is what I read.

There seemed to be some snap-timing issues, possibly related to new center Ben Garland's insertion into the lineup.

https://theathletic.com/1462642/2019/12/16/it-didnt-feel-good-after-failing-to-close-out-atlanta-the-49ers-defense-knows-it-needs-to-do-more-to-finish-2019-strong/

We had snap issues in preseason games, those were on Garland too right?
[ Edited by John_Candy on Dec 17, 2019 at 12:46 PM ]
quite possibly the worst time to lose your STARTING center... going into the playoffs........
  • dj43
I just finished looking at Richburg and Garland in the Saints game. I did not see a noticeable difference in the speed of the snap back to Jimmy. What I did see was that both centers on a couple of occasions, both varied the speed of the snap a slight amount.

When Garland first took over, he was a bit low with one snap and a little high on a later snap. After that, he was spot on to Jimmy's hands.

I haven't yet reviewed the Falcons game specifically. I will do that later tonight.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It would be a good idea to double Donald, which they didn't do a lot in the 1st matchup.

• da209
  • Veteran

This.

As long it makes the protection better I'm all for it. Can Brunskill play center.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This.

Actually, as odd as it sounds, I might let Brunskill play center. He took snaps there in pre-season and if you look into his background, he actually played center in high school (and was 2nd team All State in that regard).

Someone please get this info to Shanahan/lynch
This guy has been good the last two games
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
This guy has been good the last two games

Yes. Yes he has.
he has done well indeed, and I think it helps having two solid guards to work with, Tomlinson has been balllin and Person/Brunskill have been solid
Share 49ersWebzone