There are 93 users in the forums

Rookie Mini Camp

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by C-Nut:
The problem with being that intense is you will lose the guys eventually. Coaching and teaching involves teaching form and skills and hand and feet position and moves. It's not just yell at guys over and over. It's kind of poor teaching really.

A lot of it has to do with respect I think. If the guys generally respect the dude who's screaming at them they'll take to coaching. If they don't respect the guy then the screaming will get old fast. It's on the coach to gain their respect.

Yes I agree with that general concept to an extent. But I still think teaching is better.

Isn't he yelling-teaching in those videos?
[ Edited by NCommand on May 4, 2019 at 6:52 AM ]
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Costanza:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
(NSFW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxA3m_TBr4A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1eftxgfmc7myz

That dude's act will get old real quick. Comes off as an annoying d-bag.

You'd be labeled as a "Diva"
Or a millennial
Originally posted by rathman4481:
All coaches have different styles man.

This is his style

Originally posted by rathman4481:
All coaches have different styles man.

This is his style

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by John_Candy:

When a hero comes along.

Originally posted by NCommand:

It's ridiculous, last yr people were crying that shanny wasn't "intense" enough. Now some are complaining about an intense positional coach lol. Wtf
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
(NSFW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxA3m_TBr4A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1eftxgfmc7myz

Or a millennial

Lol I mean where's the orange slices and participation trophies
Originally posted by NYniner85:
(NSFW):

Or a millennial

Don't forget, social media breaks. #itshowchampionshipsarewon
Originally posted by NYniner85:
(NSFW):

Or a millennial

Hey it's not cool to slander soccer moms. That's not PC. If you ever apply for a future job, someone is going to find this dirt.

Haha
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Cooper Kupp's brother.
I'm from LA, and I saw a lot of USC games... the kid from SC (Hayes Pullard) could be a find.. he was a very solid LB from what I remember..

Originally posted by 9moon:
I'm from LA, and I saw a lot of USC games... the kid from SC (Hayes Pullard) could be a find.. he was a very solid LB from what I remember..

Swear this kid been in the league already and was playing for the Chargers. Wonder what happened and why he's trying out
A few things I noticed about the rookie press conferences:

Jalen Hurd seemed like he was trying super hard to be polite to the media, but still kind of came off like a dick. Definitely seems confident, almost to the point of cockiness.

Justin Skule looks and sounds soft. Obviously his tape says otherwise, but he didn't seem like a typical NFL player.

Dre Greenlaw reminded me a LOT of Frank Gore. Not as shy, but similar personality, and even looks like him a bit.
Originally posted by C-Nut:
The problem with being that intense is you will lose the guys eventually. Coaching and teaching involves teaching form and skills and hand and feet position and moves. It's not just yell at guys over and over. It's kind of poor teaching really.

A lot of it has to do with respect I think. If the guys generally respect the dude who's screaming at them they'll take to coaching. If they don't respect the guy then the screaming will get old fast. It's on the coach to gain their respect.

Yes I agree with that general concept to an extent. But I still think teaching is better.

It's rookie mini camp. The coach is probably working on separating the wheat from the chaff. I seriously doubt that he will be yelling very much once the vets come to camp.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Swear this kid been in the league already and was playing for the Chargers. Wonder what happened and why he's trying out

I think his initial contract is done, so he's a UFA.
Saleh probably coached him in 15 and 16 at JAX, so I guess they are kicking the tires.
No news outta camp yet? WTF? Mayo handle this with your news request
Share 49erswebzone