There are 85 users in the forums

Rookie Mini Camp

Originally posted by Baylor:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by Costanza:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
(NSFW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxA3m_TBr4A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1eftxgfmc7myz

That dude's act will get old real quick. Comes off as an annoying d-bag.

Yeah, having someone scream in my face wouldn't motivate me, just piss me off.

If it works for our players though...

It's called REAL coaching, or coaching with PASSION.

A guy like him isn't acting, he is who he is! Old fashion coach....

My best coaches at Baylor and in highschool were the ones who yelled and cussed me to quit being soft and give everything I have. Those coaches also taught be to have self respect and how to be a man. People now are just soft and can't handle a little tough love.
PS: The absolute best coach I ever had. He would cuss out your mother but he loved his players. He just won the Texas 4a state championship.

This. I'm really questioning if the people talking negatively about Kocurek have ever actually played football. It's all about respect. Kocurek is widely regarded as one of the best Dline coaches in the league. He knows what he is doing so I really don't understand where this criticism is coming from.

If you can't take being yelled at football probably isn't the sport for you. I noticed that the players on my team who didn't like being yelled at were usually riding the bench every year.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This. I'm really questioning if the people talking negatively about Kocurek have ever actually played football. It's all about respect. Kocurek is widely regarded as one of the best Dline coaches in the league. He knows what he is doing so I really don't understand where this criticism is coming from.

If you can't take being yelled at football probably isn't the sport for you. I noticed that the players on my team who didn't like being yelled at were usually riding the bench every year.
I didn't have any, if much athletic ability but I worked hard to be my best. My coaches wouldn't let me settle for anything less. I think that's what makes a great coach. You can be the quiet motivator like Tony Dungy or a screamer like Kocurek. Each coach has their own style but I can tell you from my experience, the screamers got the best out of me and many of my teammates.
Appears to me that rookie camp is kind of like boot camp. See who can take it and who can't in a small sample. I highly doubt the vets get treated like this as they've already been through it.

I didn't have any, if much athletic ability but I worked hard to be my best. My coaches wouldn't let me settle for anything less. I think that's what makes a great coach. You can be the quiet motivator like Tony Dungy or a screamer like Kocurek. Each coach has their own style but I can tell you from my experience, the screamers got the best out of me and many of my teammates.

Same. I played for 10 years. I was decent player, senior year was all-county. Not overly athletic and probably couldn't have played at any big schools (HS I went to was a small school).

My favorite coaches were never my best. To this day I hate the best coach I ever had. He pushed me every day and never made me feel comfortable. I always felt like I had to prove him wrong. I also had a lot going on at home so I coaches who yelled I actually thrived on because they got the best out of me.

I played DLine and for that position group specifically, if you can't handle being yelled at I'm sorry but you're probably not very good.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The problem with being that intense is you will lose the guys eventually. Coaching and teaching involves teaching form and skills and hand and feet position and moves. It's not just yell at guys over and over. It's kind of poor teaching really.

Tomsula was intense, and he was the DL coach for years.

You're assuming you know all about his coaching style based on an IG clip?

Same. I played for 10 years. I was decent player, senior year was all-county. Not overly athletic and probably couldn't have played at any big schools (HS I went to was a small school).

My favorite coaches were never my best. To this day I hate the best coach I ever had. He pushed me every day and never made me feel comfortable. I always felt like I had to prove him wrong. I also had a lot going on at home so I coaches who yelled I actually thrived on because they got the best out of me.

I played DLine and for that position group specifically, if you can't handle being yelled at I'm sorry but you're probably not very good.

[ Edited by Baylor on May 4, 2019 at 12:58 AM ]
I'm not sure why my phone posted the previous comments like 50 times. My bad.
No one is talking negatively about Kocurek. I know what he's trying to do, draw out the aggression of his players, but just like there's different coaching approaches, there's different player types. Some will respond favourably to being yelled at, some will just roll their eyes. I've had a trainer who was the shouting type and it did nothing for me. I didn't need it to be motivated or committed or perform.

Anyhow, like I said, it's not me out there so if it's what our players need, I don't have any dramas.

Edit that s**t then.

Lol well you now have the record for longest post.

Nice though. I only played at a JC for one year.. got me beat. Even if you got destroyed at Baylor you got to experience that environment and play more! I played in Texas too but my junior and Senior year in HS. I got my ass handed to me too so we have that in common lol.

Nice though. I only played at a JC for one year.. got me beat. Even if you got destroyed at Baylor you got to experience that environment and play more! I played in Texas too but my junior and Senior year in HS. I got my ass handed to me too so we have that in common lol.
We were a bad team during the Kevin Steele, Guy Morris's years at Baylor.
Don't have a problem with a coach being intense on the field when that's what he wants from his players when they're on the field. To me it always looked like a coach was challenging the players to show the same intensity on the field.

If he screams like that when saying "good morning, how are you today?" then yeah maybe a bit much, but I doubt that is the case.

We were a bad team during the Kevin Steele, Guy Morris's years at Baylor.

Coaches should have yelled louder
Everyone on this board are better coaches and Gms and that is fact.
All coaches have different styles man.

This is his style
Share 49erswebzone