• Veteran
Time for this guy to step it up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
He's a year away from being ready to compete for a starting job imo

At least. But yeah, might as well get him as many snaps as possible right now.

This. Get the snaps & experience now

Originally posted by jimrat:
Time for this guy to step it up.

Yeah I agree, throw this guy into the lake and see if he sinks or swims. At least we'll know his floor. If he can get better next year, that's fantastic. If not, we get another UDFA and maybe even a draft pick next year to strengthen that squad.
If you could forget Beavers 3 consecutive holds, i thot he played well, otherwise. Wes Johnson...he looked to play well. And then RR...he looked like he did well. Sure they were playing against 2s and 3s, but so what? RR may not be ready to play for a yr, but he may not have a choice if Richburg is still hurt, Garnett the same, plus add your own to the list....we may need the 3 guys I mentioned above in a pinch...and that pinch could be just around the corner.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If you could forget Beavers 3 consecutive holds, i thot he played well, otherwise. Wes Johnson...he looked to play well. And then RR...he looked like he did well. Sure they were playing against 2s and 3s, but so what? RR may not be ready to play for a yr, but he may not have a choice if Richburg is still hurt, Garnett the same, plus add your own to the list....we may need the 3 guys I mentioned above in a pinch...and that pinch could be just around the corner.

Wow, just unreal when you think about how close this could be to happening
Ideally you want to get a guy, an OL , and coach him up a bit, say a yr. Then there are the very few McGs, who are drafted high in first rd, step right up and learn as they go, making mistakes but still worthy of starting. That's ideally. Then you have a situation, such as ours and you are looking for the best guy or guys who can fog a mirror and see who can do what. The 3 i saw plus even Torah, all could play. But when you do that you have to expect some major glitches to occur and hope it isnt your QB getting creamed. It isn't that one would be afraid of your newbie making mistakes...it is what that could end up doing to your Qb.

And that does make it unreal. And Tohara, we are close.
Originally posted by tohara3:
He's a year away from being ready to compete for a starting job imo

At least. But yeah, might as well get him as many snaps as possible right now.

This. Get the snaps & experience now

Agree Big Time.
Im not going to be surprised if this kid makes the final 53. Seems they are plugging him in to both guard positions and he seems to be a road grader.

Next week is going to be big for him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
AGREE, next week, I hope the coaching staff puts him in the starting line up and see how well he holds..

but for now, he's earned the nickname of Ross " Saran Wrap " Reynolds !!!
He's out third best guard already. Not saying much I know.
I do think this kid has a bright future here
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Aug 20, 2019 at 5:50 AM ]
He's out third best guard already. Not saying much I know.
I do think this kid has a bright future here

based off what?

We need more bodies to have options on the interior of the offense line. Losing Richburg is killing our offense. I wonder how much Ross has developed this year on the practice squad. If he has, it's time to move him up. Let hom play guard and move Brunskill or eventually Person to center if we still have issues with Garland.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
We need more bodies to have options on the interior of the offense line. Losing Richburg is killing our offense. I wonder how much Ross has developed this year on the practice squad. If he has, it's time to move him up. Let hom play guard and move Brunskill or eventually Person to center if we still have issues with Garland.

It can't hurt. Person and Brunskill combined the last two games for 9 QB hits and some horrendous PFF grades. TBF, Person had a bad neck injury but when Justin Skule is literally, the only depth left you have, you need bodies badly.

It can't hurt. Person and Brunskill combined the last two games for 9 QB hits and some horrendous PFF grades. TBF, Person had a bad neck injury but when Justin Skule is literally, the only depth left you have, you need bodies badly.

Just cut Matthews again, this is not a bad idea
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Just cut Matthews again, this is not a bad idea

For real.

Don't care what Pff says they didn't give Garland any in either game and there is no way he wasn't responsible for some of Person and Brunskills 9
Share 49ersWebzone