There are 219 users in the forums

2019 49ers UDFA Tracker/Wish List

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Am I late to the party? I just got word the 9ers signed Shawn Poindexter!!

Holy crap, NFC West WRs is becoming an arms race. Pete Carroll got DK (6'3", 228 lbs) and signed Jazz Ferguson (6'5", 223 lbs), the Cards drafted Hakeem Butler (6'6", 227 lbs) while the 9ers got Jalen Hurd (6'4", 226 lbs) and now Shawn Poindexter (6'5", 218 lbs). I guess Lynch and Shanny saw what was going on and had to up our game to match up.

Wow, the camp battle is going to be epic!!

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2019/4/27/18520286/shawn-poindexter-49ers-undrafted-free-agent-nfl-draft-arizona-wildcats-wide-receiver-contract

Another receiver - I think we have enough.
Originally posted by Jcool:

As a Bruin fan I think he's better then beathard.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Holy crap, NFC West WRs is becoming an arms race. Pete Carroll got DK (6'3", 228 lbs) and signed Jazz Ferguson (6'5", 223 lbs), the Cards drafted Hakeem Butler (6'6", 227 lbs) while the 9ers got Jalen Hurd (6'4", 226 lbs) and now Shawn Poindexter (6'5", 218 lbs). I guess Lynch and Shanny saw what was going on and had to up our game to match up.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2019/4/27/18520286/shawn-poindexter-49ers-undrafted-free-agent-nfl-draft-arizona-wildcats-wide-receiver-contract

No mayo, our competition in NFC West are playing a size and power game with their WR corps. We can't get left behind.
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by NCommand:
A 3rd long snapper. Awesome.

We b***hing about UDFAs now?

These dudes know nothing about these players. Nothing to form an opinion on. But let's be upset

Do you two even pay attention to your own team?

We have Colin Holba signed and resigned Kyle Nelson to a long term contract who comes back after his suspension.

While it was a joke and a camp leg it just goes to show you really WILL defend anything and everything 4-9.

Or it could be that we have two punters, a disgruntled kicker, and we are in need of long snappers to help get snaps for all the legs in camp.

Also, one of them is suspended for the first 4 games so, there needs to be competition for the starting position at least for the 1st 4 games.
Cameron Glenn is going to make this roster
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

No mayo, our competition in NFC West are playing a size and power game with their WR corps. We can't get left behind.

Yeah, but I don't realistically see this kid having a chance to make the roster - probably a PS player.

Agreed. I can't stress enough how much I love that we're "STACKING" positions right now. With how many injuries we've dealt with in recent years, it certainly helps me feel more at ease. Of course we've also heard it 100 times "iron sharpens iron". We may have opportunities to deal players who won't make the team for 2020 or 2021 picks. So, while maybe I don't agree with every decision, I think we are very much on the right track.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Ross, but friends call me Ryan?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Yeah, but I don't realistically see this kid having a chance to make the roster - probably a PS player.

No, mayo, his film looks pretty good, one could argue he could take Kendrick Bourne's spot.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

No, mayo, his film looks pretty good, one could argue he could take Kendrick Bourne's spot.

I'd love that.

Yeah, but he sucked in Green Lantern.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

I hope he becomes good enough to take someone's job asap
Originally posted by LVJay:

I hope he becomes good enough to take someone's job asap

He's gonna have to be a lot better in pass pro to make the team. Way too many whiffs in protection for my liking, but that's why he's an UDFA. Certainly room for improvement and worth a shot to develop at least on the PS.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 27, 2019 at 9:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone