Shop Find 49ers gear online
Did Mitch Hyatt sign anywhere?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by John_Candy:
QB Wilton Speight

I already like him better than CJ.

If a certain user was still here, he would have probably fapped with the news.

Wilton Speight is horrible. Was hoping for Brett Rypien or Kyle Shurmur.

Yeah, I don't see him challenging Mullens or BeatHard. Would be very surprised if he made it to the PS.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Butter:

Cowgirls.
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
Wilkerson is a nice pickup, as he was considered one of the best long snappers in the draft (long snappers are rarely drafted). He gives the team a nice fill-in for the first six games of the season, while Kyle Nelson is under suspension.

I'm surprised Reynolds wasn't drafted. I think he's a good fit for our blocking scheme. He played guard in college, but they might try him at center too. I think he might stick.

I'm disappointed they haven't gone after any free safeties...they must really think we're good there. Flannigan-Fowles might make the team as a special teams player.

Givens is pretty decent, but the Niners have so many guys at the position already.

Nice post....agree completely....
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
DE Kyle Phillips

Hand: 09 3/4
Arm: 33 1/2
Wingspan: 80 3/4
Height: 6036
Weight: 277
40 Yrd Dash: 4.68
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 32 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.77
3-Cone Drill: 7.44

Those are really good numbers for a guy that big. Hope they translate on the field...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
no one drafted Doss and Sils?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Butter:

Cowgirls.

Dang it, I liked him as a developmental RT prospect.
Originally posted by LVJay:

What does that say about Skule, is he far better than this guy (Reynolds) ?? I thought Skule could even be a UDFA yet we reached
Completely agree. After reading about Skule, I just felt like this guy is nothing special and could have been had as an UDFA. I guess the FO saw something in him. I also feet the same way about Greenlaw.
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
What does that say about Skule, is he far better than this guy (Reynolds) ?? I thought Skule could even be a UDFA yet we reached
Completely agree. After reading about Skule, I just felt like this guy is nothing special and could have been had as an UDFA. I guess the FO saw something in him. I also feet the same way about Greenlaw.

I had the same feeling, but they must have some feeling about these guys. They aren't the big names that we hoped for, but the coaches met with these guys, ran them through drills, watched tape, and even got to have a week of practice with Greenlaw.

The first few rounds are for guys everyone sees. The last few rounds are for guys that the coaches see.
Originally posted by Karma:

I had the same feeling, but they must have some feeling about these guys. They aren't the big names that we hoped for, but the coaches met with these guys, ran them through drills, watched tape, and even got to have a week of practice with Greenlaw.

Re: "they must have some feeling about these guys." ... yes it's LOVE, they fall in love with the guys they meet and they must have them, just like they fell in love with Solomon, Reuben Foster, CJ Beathard, Joe Williams, etc, etc ... they need to put aside their child-like superficial "feelings" and use some hard data and draft analytics, etc

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Originally posted by Karma:

Re: "they must have some feeling about these guys." ... yes it's LOVE, they fall in love with the guys they meet and they must have them, just like they fell in love with Solomon, Reuben Foster, CJ Beathard, Joe Williams, etc, etc ... they need to put aside their child-like superficial "feelings" and use some hard data and draft analytics, etc

"love"

I know that sounds funny or ridiculous to some people but I kinda felt that way about FO since last year.

Shanny and Lynch are (imo) truly nice guys, they have good intentions and big hearts. They wear their hearts on their sleeves sometimes. If anyone thought Marsh was going to stick around this year, you have to open your minds...yes he got paid, but that seemed like a small going away gift if you think about it. I think Ward is next (he got paid a little bit).

They love guys with high characters and sometimes I think it clouds their judgement in the evaluation process a little bit
[ Edited by LVJay on Apr 28, 2019 at 6:39 PM ]
Joe Lowery get signed? I think he has potential to be a starting guard.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Post your hopeful targets and any news you find about confirmed agreements below, and we'll update the list of signings as they come.

Rumored Signings:
TE Tyree Mayfield, Wyoming
LS Chris Wilkerson, Stephen F. Austin State
S Cameron Glenn, Wake Forest
S Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Arizona
DT Kevin Givens, Penn State
DE Hunter Snyder, Florida Atlantic
DE Kyle Phillips, Tennessee
OG Ross Reynolds, Iowa
WR Malik Henry, West Georgia
WR Shawn Poindexter, Arizona
QB Wilton Speight, UCLA
LB Deonte Roberts, Rutgers
LB Azeez Al-Shaair, Florida Atlantic

Quoting OP to provide an updated list as of tonight.
Quick summary on the newly-acquired OLB Azeez Al-Shaair.

6-1 234, 16 reps on the bench at the combine. Didn't run due to coming off bad ACL/MCL injury. No guarantee he returns to form, but was very productive in college.

Positives:
-Productivity, which tells you how often he's around the ball/in on the play.
-Explosive hitter
-Sideline to sideline range
-Avoids getting lost in the traffic at LOS

Negatives
-Major injury
-Poor in coverage
-Poor at disengaging from blocks

Seems like someone we have to believe has coachable flaws leading to the above-listed negatives.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 28, 2019 at 8:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone