Tim Harris CB-Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Honestly when he played for us - his best days were behind him.

disagree, in 94 he saved our bacon in the pass rush when dent got hurt
He had 17 sacks or so for us one season . Six guns a blazin'

Can you imagine what Bosa could do if Buckner and Solomon play to their potential this year?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think Harris has more ability than Reed honestly. And better dimensions.

Completely different players from what I have seen. Reed needs to play slot if anything and is a dynamic return guy. Harris should play outside IMO.

Reed should be a backup in the slot, but instead they have him at free safety. Makes zero sense. Harris could play either spot but I think his best position is outside corner. You could argue he may even be ahead of Moore at this point because Moore is still learning the position.

The more I talk about it the more upset I get that we are refusing to put players in position to succeed on defense. Reed at FS, Moore at CB, Jimmie flipping back and forth all the time, Thomas at LEO, AA at LEO. Seriously, some of these I understand out of sheer necessity, but FFS, can we use some common sense here?

We have plenty of depth at CB now, but we've struggled at safety and already know Moore has that skill set. Let the corners be corners, and safeties be safeties. I'm praying this staff comes to their senses and sees the simple solution that I feel like everyone should know by know. This is how the depth chart should be stacked going into training camp:

LCB - Sherman, Witherspoon (he played best on the left side, perhaps he's better off backing up Sherman here)
RCB - Verrett, Mabin, Tim Harris (both have extensive experience playing on the right side with great success)
SLCB - K. Williams, Reed (played horrible at S, but much much better playing slot corner in a game that Williams missed), Moseley

FS - Moore, Colbert, Ward, Robinson
SS - Tartt, Harris, Exum, Glenn

This perfectly distributes our depth, reps, and competition. Even if we hit some bumps at corner, we all know Ward, Moore, and Colbert could play CB in a pinch. I want those three to compete at FS though while Verrett, Tim Harris, and Mabin compete at RCB. Personally feel like Tim Harris if healthy should make the team. Hoping he proves as such in pre-season.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 30, 2019 at 7:09 PM ]
I think Harris has more ability than Reed honestly. And better dimensions.

Completely different players from what I have seen. Reed needs to play slot if anything and is a dynamic return guy. Harris should play outside IMO.

Reed should be a backup in the slot, but instead they have him at free safety. Makes zero sense. Harris could play either spot but I think his best position is outside corner. You could argue he may even be ahead of Moore at this point because Moore is still learning the position.

The more I talk about it the more upset I get that we are refusing to put players in position to succeed on defense. Reed at FS, Moore at CB, Jimmie flipping back and forth all the time, Thomas at LEO, AA at LEO. Seriously, some of these I understand out of sheer necessity, but FFS, can we use some common sense here?

We have plenty of depth at CB now, but we've struggled at safety and already know Moore has that skill set. Let the corners be corners, and safeties be safeties. I'm praying this staff comes to their senses and sees the simple solution that I feel like everyone should know by know. This is how the depth chart should be stacked going into training camp:

LCB - Sherman, Witherspoon (he played best on the left side, perhaps he's better off backing up Sherman here)
RCB - Verrett, Mabin, Tim Harris (both have extensive experience playing on the right side with great success)
SLCB - K. Williams, Reed (played horrible at S, but much much better playing slot corner in a game that Williams missed), Moseley

FS - Moore, Colbert, Ward, Robinson
SS - Tartt, Harris, Exum, Glenn

This perfectly distributes our depth, reps, and competition. Even if we hit some bumps at corner, we all know Ward, Moore, and Colbert could play CB in a pinch. I want those three to compete at FS though while Verrett, Tim Harris, and Mabin compete at RCB. Personally feel like Tim Harris if healthy should make the team. Hoping he proves as such in pre-season.

Ya Moore is very raw. He is the wild card but I really have very little hope for him as he needs a lot of work. If Verrett stays healthy he will be our second best CB but he never does. That means our second corner will probably be Harris or Witherspoon.

As for FS, I like what I saw from Exum besides the penalties. He is the least gifted for the position but he's a good tackler and has a good feel for finding the ball. With an improved pass rush we might not need someone to be that gifted but just does their job. So Exum might be the guy. I also think Colbert can turn things around.
How old is this guy? I can't find his age anywhere lol
Originally posted by goodthings19:

That's the reason he fell so far, he's 42.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by goodthings19:

That's the reason he fell so far, he's 42.

Noticed that too, I am sure his age did affect his fall too. Likely 24 instead of the usual 21 or 22 rookies come in at.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Honestly when he played for us - his best days were behind him.

disagree, in 94 he saved our bacon in the pass rush when dent got hurt
He had 17 sacks or so for us one season . Six guns a blazin'

Meh, 2 sacks in our last superbowl winning season.
Dude isn't afraid to hit that's for sure

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Harris was a steal in my opinion. Can't wait to see him compete in preseason.

Also, LMAO at the ref getting run over in that last clip.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Harris was a steal in my opinion. Can't wait to see him compete in preseason.

Also, LMAO at the ref getting run over in that last clip.

He has the good run support going for him. I also didn't realize this guy was 6'2. I could see him getting a decent amount of playing time this year.
Scratch that.. I'm calling it now. Our starting lineup will have 3 Virginia DBs in it. Sherman, Harris, and Exum.

Exum was our best FS last year imo. Very physical needs to lower his pad level but he always seemed to be in the right position last year.

Harris has the second best run support already on the team as a CB and has the size to be a good sleeper for this defense.

3 Virginia DBs starting... what y'all think? Am I crazy?
Scratch that.. I'm calling it now. Our starting lineup will have 3 Virginia DBs in it. Sherman, Harris, and Exum.

Exum was our best FS last year imo. Very physical needs to lower his pad level but he always seemed to be in the right position last year.

Harris has the second best run support already on the team as a CB and has the size to be a good sleeper for this defense.

Richard Sherman?
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Richard Sherman?

Sherman grew up in Virginia.
Share 49ersWebzone