Tim Harris CB-Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
6 years of college ball?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Honestly when he played for us - his best days were behind him.

disagree, in 94 he saved our bacon in the pass rush when dent got hurt
He had 17 sacks or so for us one season . Six guns a blazin'
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thanks for diggin' up stuff
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If healthy, he could easily be an instant starter. Simply put, he is an extremely talented football player.

""Unfortunately, due to injuries, Harris is the best-kept secret in this year's draft class," said Whitefield. "However, he profiles as a guy with prototype size and elite athleticism, who can become a shut-down corner in the NFL. Turn on the tape, and you will see Harris be physical at the line of scrimmage in press, easily mirror routes in man, or even play off-man in zone. He has the requisite length to shut down throwing windows deep outside the numbers, and he also has the explosiveness to come up and make plays on throws underneath. Allowing a passer rating against of only 52.0 and a catch rate of 48.7%, Harris earned a 2018 coverage grade of 87.1 – good for seventh among all outside cornerbacks in this draft class.

In ranking the top players in this year's draft class, not taking into account team need or draft position, Harris ranks No. 117 on PFF's Top 250 NFL Draft Board."

https://247sports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/247sports.com/college/virginia/Article/Tim-Harris-2019-NFL-Draft-San-Francisco-49ers-select-Virginia-Cavaliers-UVA-Football--131569384/Amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fvirginia%2FArticle%2FTim-Harris-2019-NFL-Draft-San-Francisco-49ers-select-Virginia-Cavaliers-UVA-Football--131569384%2F

Bump.
Why is he listed on the "Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner" list? Did I miss something?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Why is he listed on the "Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner" list? Did I miss something?

He's not, it's just Kyle Nelson. If you look how the top list is organized and stacked together, it's not the same. Harris looks like he's on a different row, which Looks like just an error whenever they uploaded his info on there. I'm sure they'll fix it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

He's not, it's just Kyle Nelson. If you look how the top list is organized and stacked together, it's not the same. Harris looks like he's on a different row, which Looks like just an error whenever they uploaded his info on there. I'm sure they'll fix it.
I hope that is a mistake. I'd hate to think that we drafted yet another problem. After what this team has endured I think Lynch and Shanny have had their fill of headaches.
"all the mother &#@king way to Miami" Tim Harris
FWIW his Virginia HC Bronco Mendenhall is one of the best defensive minds in D1 college football.

With the way our roster is currently constructed, his teammate Bryce Hall is one of my top 3 targets for next year's draft. Would be cool if he can stay healthy, and him and Hall make up our outside CBs in 2020 and beyond
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Honestly when he played for us - his best days were behind him.

disagree, in 94 he saved our bacon in the pass rush when dent got hurt
He had 17 sacks or so for us one season . Six guns a blazin'

A University of Memphis alumni. He did play a big role in that 94 defense after Dent went down.
I think Harris has more ability than Reed honestly. And better dimensions.

Does Harris play the slot too? If so wow because he's huge

Completely different players from what I have seen. Reed needs to play slot if anything and is a dynamic return guy. Harris should play outside IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone