LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Tim Harris CB-Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Crock can't stand this guy. He's terrible.

That said, it doesn't mean he can't put it together.

This Crocker guy, when has he become the be all end all of talent evaluating, he could be dead wrong on Harris.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This Crocker guy, when has he become the be all end all of talent evaluating, he could be dead wrong on Harris.

Eric Crocker? Former pro? 9er.

He's been spot on on both WR and CB assessments for years now. Huge resource and very objective.

As an example, he spotted Emannuel Moseley before anyone. I added him to my 53 when most didn't have him making the team. Now he's a critical starter for us. D.K. Metcalf.

Sure, he could be wrong in the end but it doesn't mean he was wrong last year.

His hit rate has to be one of the highest out there of any evaluators.

There's a better chance you are just overvaluing him because he's a 9er than him being wrong about his evaluation.

Let's see what happens now and see if he makes the team.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I imagine all fan forums are like this but it seems like every guy we draft late or sign as an UDFA we expect big things from them. It happens occasionally but there are reasons these players went undrafted or lasted until round 6 or 7.

This. It's natural for fans, including me, to overvalue our own and set up unrealistic expectations. I've gotten much more objective over the years on expectations for players, their roles, their talent, ceiling, etc. But I'll still delve into the unrealistic and unfair zone from time to time because it's fun. I call it the Will Dissley zone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

With all due respect, I mean who really cares what Crocker says. Not saying he's clueless as he clearly knows a thing or two. he's a former player and writer, he's not a scout or FO guy. Some people put way too much stock into what these guys say.
Btw Have a good Father's Day NC
The way I see it, you don't know a thing about any player until he gets on the field and gets games under his belt. And we as fans must wait until said player(s) show that they have the skills to play the position AND have value at that position
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

With all due respect, I mean who really cares what Crocker says. Not saying he's clueless as he clearly knows a thing or two. he's a former player and writer, he's not a scout or FO guy. Some people put way too much stock into what these guys say.

Scouting profiles are what he does best, breaking down strengths and weaknesses. Like Kyle, he simply assesses the tape and backs his claims up with video proof. He's not invested one way or another, if anything, leans towards a 49er fan. Obviously PFF mirrored that too.

But he's earned his reputation so if he has an opinion, I at least know he's put in the work and has a legit reason for it and can back it.

Do your own homework too but I just haven't seen it here in this thread yet to claim otherwise. And who knows where he's at today. So it's still an ongoing assessment.

My man, have a wonderful and happy Father's Day yourself. You've earned it!
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Scouting profiles are what he does best, breaking down strengths and weaknesses. Like Kyle, he simply assesses the tape and backs his claims up with video proof. He's not invested one way or another, if anything, leans towards a 49er fan. Obviously PFF mirrored that too.

But he's earned his reputation so if he has an opinion, I at least know he's put in the work and has a legit reason for it and can back it.

Do your own homework too but I just haven't seen it here in this thread yet to claim otherwise. And who knows where he's at today. So it's still an ongoing assessment.

My man, have a wonderful and happy Father's Day yourself. You've earned it!

O think Acy and Tabor have more upside but Harris has a much higher floor. Sometimes you need those corners that aren't fancy but they play the run and do their job.

My rankings of the three are:

1.Acy
2. Harris
3. Tabor
Originally posted by Waterbear:
O think Acy and Tabor have more upside but Harris has a much higher floor. Sometimes you need those corners that aren't fancy but they play the run and do their job.

My rankings of the three are:

1.Acy
2. Harris
3. Tabor

Wasn't Tabor a high draft pick too? Like 2nd rd or so? To go from that to reserve/future deal is something.

I have to see Acy before I judge him, same for Harris, I like both, but haven't watched any tape on either since I ended my site for the NFL Draft.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Wasn't Tabor a high draft pick too? Like 2nd rd or so? To go from that to reserve/future deal is something.

I have to see Acy before I judge him, same for Harris, I like both, but haven't watched any tape on either since I ended my site for the NFL Draft.

Acy's film is impressive, I really hope this guys makes the 53.
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:

It is? I didn't see anything special

Acy shows above average ball skills, play recognition and is very good at bringing down the ball carrier in one on one situation.

Although I don't put as much stock into measurables, he has exactly the measurables our coaches like at that position. 6'2" 200lbs 4.45 40.

The way he attacks the ball on the WR screens is very likeable considering that's one thing teams like to run against the cover 3 (Mosely did a great job of defending this last year). The guy hits like a safety and played against top tier talent his entire college career.

I'm curious to hear what you don't like about this guy. I'm convinced you did not watch film on him.
[ Edited by GangstaGangsta on Jun 22, 2020 at 7:08 AM ]

All this chatter can't be about this clip. It doesn't show chit.

2018 2nd-Team All-SEC (Coaches)

2019 SEASON
A lockdown corner and team captain who was a four-year contributor and three-year starter at one of the two cornerback spots … Represented the team at the SEC's annual Media Days in July as one of the team's leaders and top contributors … Posted 15 tackles and five pass breakups over 10 games as teams refused to throw his way all season … Missed the final two games of the 2019 season with an injury … Finished his career with 35 starts over his four seasons and had 99 career tackles, three career interceptions and 20 career pass breakups … With Acy in the lineup, Mizzou allowed just 165.9 yards per game through the air, and in the two games he missed with injury, Mizzou allowed 246 passing yards per game, showing his impact on the defense … Posted a season-high four tackles, all solo, with a pass breakup against West Virginia (Sept. 7) … Tallied three tackles at Vanderbilt (Oct. 19) … Had a pass deflection in three consecutive games at Kentucky (Oct. 26), at Georgia (Nov. 9) and vs. Florida (Nov. 16) … Signed with the San Francisco 49ers following the 2020 NFL Draft.
2018 SEASON
Earned 2nd-Team All-SEC honors by league coaches for an outstanding season that saw him become one of the top corners in the league ... Led the team and ranked seventh in the SEC with three interceptions on the year, including one he ran back 76 yards at Tennessee (11/17) that set up a Tiger score ... Finished the year with 30 tackles in his 13 starts, including one tackle for loss, while ranking second on the team with 10 pass break-ups ... Had two picks in Mizzou's big road win at Tennessee, becoming the first Tiger since John Gibson in 2016 to grab two interceptions in a game ... Made a season-best five tackles (all solo) in the bowl game against Oklahoma State, and added four stops earlier in the year against No. 2 Georgia ... His long INT return at Tennessee was perhaps the pivotal play in the game, as it came right before halftime, and ended a UT scoring threat, while setting up a crucial Tiger touchdown in the final minute of the second quarter ... Also added a fourth-quarter interception in that game to help seal the win ... Had a career-high three pass break-ups at South Carolina (10/6), while breaking up a pair of passes against No. 16 Kentucky (10/27).
I cant tell if you're trolling.

He shows above average ball skills, play recognition and is very good at bringing down the ball carrier in one on one situation.

Although I don't put as much stock into measurables, he has exactly the measurables our coaches like at that position. 6'1" 200lbs 4.45 40.

The way he attacks the ball on the WR screens is very likeable considering that's one thing teams like to run against the cover 3 (Mosely did a great job of defending this last year). The guy hits like a safety and played against top tier talent his entire college career.

I'm curious to hear what you don't like about this guy. I'm convinced you did not watch film on him.

Trolling wut? He's a UDFA why would I care that much to troll him? I got no underlining need to want him to fail lol. Hope he crushes it.

Bryan Edwards killed him this past yr. If Acy has a miss step, his recovery speed didn't look great. A lot like Spoon he doesn't play the ball well downfield. He comes off as a bit stiff imo.

I just don't agree that his film is very impressive. Nothing about his game screams impressive.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 22, 2020 at 7:10 AM ]

2018 2nd-Team All-SEC (Coaches)

2019 SEASON
A lockdown corner and team captain who was a four-year contributor and three-year starter at one of the two cornerback spots … Represented the team at the SEC's annual Media Days in July as one of the team's leaders and top contributors … Posted 15 tackles and five pass breakups over 10 games as teams refused to throw his way all season … Missed the final two games of the 2019 season with an injury … Finished his career with 35 starts over his four seasons and had 99 career tackles, three career interceptions and 20 career pass breakups … With Acy in the lineup, Mizzou allowed just 165.9 yards per game through the air, and in the two games he missed with injury, Mizzou allowed 246 passing yards per game, showing his impact on the defense … Posted a season-high four tackles, all solo, with a pass breakup against West Virginia (Sept. 7) … Tallied three tackles at Vanderbilt (Oct. 19) … Had a pass deflection in three consecutive games at Kentucky (Oct. 26), at Georgia (Nov. 9) and vs. Florida (Nov. 16) … Signed with the San Francisco 49ers following the 2020 NFL Draft.
2018 SEASON
Earned 2nd-Team All-SEC honors by league coaches for an outstanding season that saw him become one of the top corners in the league ... Led the team and ranked seventh in the SEC with three interceptions on the year, including one he ran back 76 yards at Tennessee (11/17) that set up a Tiger score ... Finished the year with 30 tackles in his 13 starts, including one tackle for loss, while ranking second on the team with 10 pass break-ups ... Had two picks in Mizzou's big road win at Tennessee, becoming the first Tiger since John Gibson in 2016 to grab two interceptions in a game ... Made a season-best five tackles (all solo) in the bowl game against Oklahoma State, and added four stops earlier in the year against No. 2 Georgia ... His long INT return at Tennessee was perhaps the pivotal play in the game, as it came right before halftime, and ended a UT scoring threat, while setting up a crucial Tiger touchdown in the final minute of the second quarter ... Also added a fourth-quarter interception in that game to help seal the win ... Had a career-high three pass break-ups at South Carolina (10/6), while breaking up a pair of passes against No. 16 Kentucky (10/27).

Cool you copy/pasted his page from Missouri football ball
Share 49ersWebzone