LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Kaden Smith - TE- Stanford, claimed by NY Giants

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
I should be asking you that. LOL.

MD had him at #132...saw many 3rd round grades.

Yeah I don't remember lol

As for MD that was after this season was over, correct...heading into 2018 college season I thought he was regarded as a much higher TE prospect than a 6th rd pick?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Me too. Besides, Hurd is going to be our Hernandez for the passing game with Kittle...minus the CTE and murder.

This is what the 49ers are doing, copying the patriots model on offense. Getting a qb that plays like Brady,2-3 rbs that can catch, a dominant te, shifty slot and solid wrs.

I coulda sworn *Bill Walsh* came up with that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I should be asking you that. LOL.

MD had him at #132...saw many 3rd round grades.

Yeah I don't remember lol

As for MD that was after this season was over, correct...heading into 2018 college season I thought he was regarded as a much higher TE prospect than a 6th rd pick?

Ha... correct, that was MD's early 4th round grade this year. Great value no matter his you slice it potentially.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Me too. Besides, Hurd is going to be our Hernandez for the passing game with Kittle...minus the CTE and murder.

This is what the 49ers are doing, copying the patriots model on offense. Getting a qb that plays like Brady,2-3 rbs that can catch, a dominant te, shifty slot and solid wrs.

I was going to say that lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Please. Say nothing, kid. Just say nothing. Please

If you're lucky, after a hard fought game (win or lose), Kittle will let you have his sweaty drawers to take home for the night
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Pretty much!

We always had the TE in Walsh's day, but his WR were big, strong and precise.

I like the kids moxie, so long as he doesn't get flustered when things get sideways now and then.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Hope he is good enough to challenge Celek for #2 Tight End job. Love his hands and effort as a blocker.
Originally posted by GORO:
Hope he is good enough to challenge Celek for #2 Tight End job. Love his hands and effort as a blocker.

It's about time someone takes Celek's spot, his hands have dropped off, he has too many drops, numbers down, need a better #2 TE, Kaden can be that.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by GORO:

It's about time someone takes Celek's spot, his hands have dropped off, he has too many drops, numbers down, need a better #2 TE, Kaden can be that.

Worst case scenario, this lights a fire under Celek. But I don't see how he holds onto the job if it's close. Smith is quicker than Celek, and while Celek entered the league a faster timed runner, his speed has noticeably fallen off. He's not a 4.7 guy anymore and his blocking sucked in 2018. Smith may already have an advantage in several ways over Celek.
Gonna be that endzone weapon for Kyle.
Share 49ersWebzone