LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are about to start camp and still, no news as to the hows and whys of covid football. I don't think it's a secret, i just think the NFL still doesn't know what to do. And there are a zillion different variables. How many get sick, who gets sick , how bad is it, what if your QB goes down, adn then pick a position , pick a player and go thru the whole rigamaroll all over again. It is surprising that nothing has been released by the NFL, to my knowledge about all the special cases....pregnant wives for a starter. I can't see a way in the world any of those guys with pregnant wives can play. We've already seen two guys weigh in on this, RW and our own Dre. You know there will be more.

I get it, the NFL owners will do anything REASONABLE to ahve a season. But it sure looks like the deck is stacked against them...and us (fans).Players are caught in the middle.

I would really like to be wrong about this. REALLY wrong.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We are about to start camp and still, no news as to the hows and whys of covid football. I don't think it's a secret, i just think the NFL still doesn't know what to do. And there are a zillion different variables. How many get sick, who gets sick , how bad is it, what if your QB goes down, adn then pick a position , pick a player and go thru the whole rigamaroll all over again. It is surprising that nothing has been released by the NFL, to my knowledge about all the special cases....pregnant wives for a starter. I can't see a way in the world any of those guys with pregnant wives can play. We've already seen two guys weigh in on this, RW and our own Dre. You know there will be more.

I get it, the NFL owners will do anything REASONABLE to ahve a season. But it sure looks like the deck is stacked against them...and us (fans).Players are caught in the middle.

I would really like to be wrong about this. REALLY wrong.

Your probably right - it's going to be tricky, but I think they can do it.
Without Bosa dominating, Dre would've been team ROTY for sure.
so disrespected on this forum
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Greenlaw > Kwon
Originally posted by Furlow:
Greenlaw > Kwon

Better awareness for sure, kid always seems to make outstanding heads up plays.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Let's go, Dre.
  • thl408
Big play Dre strikes again (tipped pass for INT).
He's picking up where he left off last season. It's just a matter of time before he takes the starting Will job. Greenlaw's ability to square up and bring people down in space is really freaken good.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 14, 2020 at 2:38 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's picking up where he left off last season. It's just a matter of time before he takes the starting Will job. Greenlaw's ability to square up and bring people down in space is really freaken good.

I used to think Kwon had more splash play ability compared to Dre, and that was one reason I was hesitant to say "Dre > Kwon", but Dre is starting to get a reputation for big plays. Add in the fact that Dre is a much better tackler and I think "Dre > Kwon" is becoming true.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Greenlaw > Kwon

Agreed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

I used to think Kwon had more splash play ability compared to Dre, and that was one reason I was hesitant to say "Dre > Kwon", but Dre is starting to get a reputation for big plays. Add in the fact that Dre is a much better tackler and I think "Dre > Kwon" is becoming true.

Dre is a baller!!! Got that BS penalty on Murray when he baseball slid!!!

Yup. Fully agree. I was a bit scared Dre might be a victim of the Colbert Effect where he has a great rookie season and comes back to earth the next but it looks like Dre picked up right where he finished off last season.

I will say, Kwon has a mean right hook. Perfectly punched the ball out of one of the Arizona receivers arms but they recovered it anyways.

Dre can also formulate a sentence.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by NCommand:

Dre can also formulate a sentence.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone