LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This young man going to be future leadership of this defense. I have no doubt.

no offense and i love the kid.. but i really think that torch belongs to fred. its a nice problem to discuss.lol
Originally posted by Heroism:
The Jets should've drafted Dre Greenlaw 3rd overall.

Originally posted by cciowa:

no offense and i love the kid.. but i really think that torch belongs to fred. its a nice problem to discuss.lol

There can be more than one leaders on the team. Have you forgotten the leadership both Bow and Pat provided
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Man, as much as I believed in Bosa I still have that same confidence in QW. He's a rookie and his natural ability to use his hands is not going away. I think he will be a force for many years to come.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

There can be more than one leaders on the team. Have you forgotten the leadership both Bow and Pat provided
agree. that was a issue before sherman.. we not only had a bad defense but we had no leaders
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This dude already has one iconic play in Niners history.

Save for a missed FG, he should have had two (pick to end the first Seattle game).

The rest of this dude's career is all gravy. He is already etched into Niners lore forever.
  • thl408
Greenlaw and Warner were the nickel LBs vs MIN. Kwon only got on the field when MIN had two TEs in, or FB and TE. Packers use 3WR a lot so 49ers will be in nickel a lot. It'll be interesting to see if Kwon remains the third LB on the depth chart. Greenlaw showed no signs of weakness in coverage.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Save for a missed FG, he should have had two (pick to end the first Seattle game).

The rest of this dude's career is all gravy. He is already etched into Niners lore forever.

He was also incredibly close to taking that INT back to house for the win. One little cut inside and it was open waters
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by okdkid:

He was also incredibly close to taking that INT back to house for the win. One little cut inside and it was open waters

Maybe. He didn't exactly have much speed on that run. At the very least, he would have had another 20-30 yards if not a tiddy. Either way... it would have been a win.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Man, as much as I believed in Bosa I still have that same confidence in QW. He's a rookie and his natural ability to use his hands is not going away. I think he will be a force for many years to come.

Why are you even thinking about that dude when we have some badass young talent that got us to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game!

Originally posted by thl408:
Greenlaw and Warner were the nickel LBs vs MIN. Kwon only got on the field when MIN had two TEs in, or FB and TE. Packers use 3WR a lot so 49ers will be in nickel a lot. It'll be interesting to see if Kwon remains the third LB on the depth chart. Greenlaw showed no signs of weakness in coverage.

Greenlaw shows no signs of weakness anywhere. He is good against the pass, run, he can hit hard, he can intercept the ball. He is clutch in the biggest moments too. He can close out games. That's tough to teach.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Greenlaw shows no signs of weakness anywhere. He is good against the pass, run, he can hit hard, he can intercept the ball. He is clutch in the biggest moments too. He can close out games. That's tough to teach.
He'll make Alexander expendable in a few years

Either way we're set.

Good observation, I didn't notice that.
Watching Greenlaw make that third down stop in the flat against jones(I believe). Perfect angle and tackle, that was a thing of beauty
Share 49ersWebzone